KSA IVA Upgrade

RangeMachine

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Murdox']I've used some of these IVA's in KSP 1.0.5 with latest RPM and Module Manager and so far cockpits seems to work fine. I have't tryed pods yet, but should be also fine. :)[/QUOTE]
Good news! Haven't had time yet.

A question, though: the dashboard hás changed in the new cockpits (I think it's smaller), hasn't this affected the IVAs?

[quote name='jlcarneiro']A question, though: the dashboard hás changed in the new cockpits (I think it's smaller), hasn't this affected the IVAs?[/QUOTE]

I haven't noticed any changes/problems in these or any other IVA mods which using some older internals. I'm trying to say that no upgraded dashboard, windows or any other details without some rework.

[quote name='jlcarneiro'][COLOR=#333333]Is there a list of all IVAs based on ASET? I mean, there are those from this thread, plus an mk3 cockpit from another thread... [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]Any others that are actively mantained at this time?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
BahamutoD just released two mk2 based cockpits with nasty good looking IVA's using RasterPropMonitor & ASET. I can really recommend these to any of you IVA addicted pilots: [URL]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/140460-1-0-5-BDynamics-Mk22-Cockpits-v1-0[/URL].

I didn't check how actively/recently maintained these are but i have also these IVA's currently installed alongside with this mod and Mk3 from another thread. Both works fine and using RasterPropMonitor & ASET Props/Avionics
[URL]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/129315-IVA-1-0-4-MK1-2-Pod-IVA-Replacement-by-ASET-(WIP)[/URL]
[URL]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66824-1-0-4-FASA-Gemini-IVA-3-0-(RasterPropMonitor)-alpha-2-(more-new-props!)-24-OCT-15[/URL] This one is only working with FASA Gemini Pod though.

I can truly recommend those BahamutoD's cockpits at least and apologize to Mr.RangeMachine if we went too much OffTopic :) Edited by Murdox

[quote name='Murdox']I think all of these KSA IVA's looks like old ones i mean these doesn't have upgraded dashboards or any other new details (yet?), but these is only ones i've found/used for mk1 cockpits/pods. Afterall looks great and really well done with this mod!

BahamutoD just released two mk2 based cockpits with nasty looking IVA's using RasterPropMonitor & ASET. You may want to check it out: [URL]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/140460-1-0-5-BDynamics-Mk22-Cockpits-v1-0[/URL].

I didn't check how actively/recently maintained these are but i have also these IVA's currently installed alongside with this mod and Mk3 from another thread. Both works fine and using RasterPropMonitor & ASET Props/Avionics
[URL]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/129315-IVA-1-0-4-MK1-2-Pod-IVA-Replacement-by-ASET-(WIP)[/URL]
[URL]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66824-1-0-4-FASA-Gemini-IVA-3-0-(RasterPropMonitor)-alpha-2-(more-new-props!)-24-OCT-15[/URL] This one is only working with FASA Gemini Pod though.

I can truly recommend those BahamutoD's cockpits at least and apologize to Mr.RangeMachine if we went too much OffTopic :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Murdox!

Unfortunately, I meant IVAs for STOCK cockpits/pods. Sorry... :(

So, here we go again: is there a list of all IVAs for stock cockpits/pods based on ASET?

No problemos! That one IVA in my previous post is for stock mk1-2 command pod. I've never found custom IVA's for stock mk2 cockpits, cupola module or mk2 lander can (only ones im still missing). jlcarneiro If you have more luck than me to find any list for good stock IVA's please let me know... especially looking one for Cupola :wink: Edited by Murdox

[quote name='Murdox']No problemos! That one IVA in my previous post is for stock mk1-2 command pod. I've never found custom IVA's for stock mk2 cockpits, cupola module or mk2 lander can (only ones im still missing). jlcarneiro If you have more luck than me to find any list for good stock IVA's please let me know... especially looking one for Cupola :wink:[/QUOTE]

Ok, you got a deal! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am loving the mod, even if it's not being updated anymore it's great. However, I am not getting the Navball image on the RPM screens.  It works in stock IVA with RPM.  I get just a hollow black circle with all the maneuver nodes and information, but no sky/ground or heading markers. Anyone else?

^^
IIRC, that was a problem with RPM itself... It was heavily discussed in the last couple of months, IIRC, so check the LAST few pages of the RPM thread...IIRC, it turned out to be an easy fix?...(I think?)...lol

Actually, try reading from this post on:
RPM black navball

Edited by Stone Blue

7 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

^^
IIRC, that was a problem with RPM itself... It was heavily discussed in the last couple of months, IIRC, so check the LAST few pages of the RPM thread...IIRC, it turned out to be an easy fix?...(I think?)...lol

Alright, I will dig some more through the RPM thread. I assumed it had to be either something with RPM, or with an update to RPM breaking something in KSA IVA, but since stock IVA's still worked I thought I would try here.

37 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Oops..You ninja'd me on my edit on my previous post...Start reading the RPM thread from the link i posted... :)

Ya found the fix.  It was actually an 'ASET Props' problem.  The RPM fix is actually a round about way to fix the ASET problem.  It's actually the navball000.dds image that ASET Props uses that is causes the issues for some people.  The RPM thread fix was to open up a .cfg file and change the navball000.dds link location, so you would be linking to an RPM folder from an ASET config, if RPM ever changed the location of this image it would break again. 

The easiest fix was to copy the RPM navball000.dds image into the ASET folder, replacing the original, bam, fixed.

Also, anyone know if the original author of this mod is still working?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RangeMachine said:

New mod link in header.

P.S. I think this is final version, all Mk1 pods are done. Mk2 and Mk3 already done by other authors.

Good job, no doubt! Thank you for your effort :) Would you mind mentioning these mods modifying mk2, mk3? Btw with your experience, do you know whether is somehow possible to  show KoS console on the RastPropMonitor? I haven't found  working solution.

Edited by Adik3714

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.