Fluburtur

So, what shoud I do?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. So, what shoud I do?

• Laythe
    • Duna
    • Fuel station
    • other

So, I played KSP for 345 hours and so far here is what I done: Visit the Mün a dozen time, put a truck on Minmus, put a scan sat in orbit around Duna and mostly fly planes.

Since im actually not bad at the game I would want to visit other bodies so I came up with a few ideas:

-Put a mining base on Duna since I already have a sat there

-Put a permanent base on Laythe since I have some very good planes

-make a few refueling station on other bodies to extend my range

So what to you say? Im thinking about Laythe the most since I can fly planes there but it might not be the easiest option, also what do you think the must-have mods I should get for that kind of stuff?

Go for Duna :) Build a space station in orbit, surface base with mining capabilities, and eventually a mining base on Ike. When you have a good handle at building a proper infrastructure, go to Laythe. Jool system is amazing place to explore.

Why not try landing probes/rovers on Duna and Laythe to "test which is more suitable to support Kerbal life" (i.e. to find out which you think will be most fun). You'll get to make a better choice about which to go to, and to practice landings.

Thanks for your replies, I think I will send a sat in the Joolian system to get the hang of it and maybe to scan some stuff and start to assemble a vessel in orbit. I haven't build anything in orbit since a long while ago so it will be a good revision.

I will be posting pics for sure.

You are ready...

Realism overhaul plus fasa.

It will change your ksp life

Nah.. Stick with the regular KSP. RSS planets are even sparser than stock and all RSS really does is increase burn times. If you actually want to go anywhere and do anything even remotely interesting stick with regular scale KSP.

nb. This is my opinion.

You are right, it's a bit weird.

Im currently downloading MechJeb to get performance reading about my rockets such as DV and TWR and Scatterer to have pretty planets, once it's done I will prepare my missions.

Im also thinking on printing that on transparent paper to help me.

Laythe, obviously.

I can't stress this point enough, but the Joolian system is the jewel (audio pun intended) of stock KSP. It's where all the fun happens. Send your satellite there, and start bouncing it from one grav assist to another, and you'll see what I mean. Then send a mothership, with loads of landers and bases and boats and SSTOs, and kolonize Laythe. Challenge yourself with Tylo, visit Vall Henge, go and see the sleeping Kraken. Once you go to the Jool system, you'll never want to go anywhere else!

It is difficult to say. All of those are good projects. Do not take it too seriously, if you like the game you will probably do all of them.

Must have -mods depends also on your style. What do you want to do by yourself, what do you want to automatize, do you want more resource managing tasks? It is nearly impossible to give good advice to someone just based on played hours. But I suggest Mechjeb to automatize boring repetitive maneuvering tasks and give technical data, Alarm clock to manage multiple simultaneous missions, KAS to get possibilities to modify ships and connect ships with cables to transfer resources (very useful in surface mining operations), life support to make time as a significant resource and Outer Planets to get more planets and possibilities (however, similar coloured balls with couple of physical parameters).

- - - Updated - - -

You are ready...

Realism overhaul plus fasa.

It will change your ksp life

I tried it. It was fun at beginning, but after that it changed things just more laborious. Basic principles was the same but maneuvers and transfers just took much more dv and time (both, in game and in real world). Also huge rockets became boring and the lag was annoying. Mechjeb could not handle proper ascent profile so I had to repeat that thing so much that it became boring. And it took near 10 minutes. When version changed I returned to stock system.

It was several versions ago. I do not know it situation have changed. But probably it will not change, because it is the same engine with different parameters.

Do what you enjoy most. Every planet has its challenge and interesting things about it, and until you vsit every one you really cant know the full experience of exploration (just make sure to bring weapons onboard exploration vessel to fend off random pirate attacks). Myself, im more into combat and stuff liek that, developing military craft, massive capital ships, fighters, tanks, bases, ect, but even then, i do explore places (just tend to have said exploratory missions destroyed often enough).

As for mods, ive become a fan of stock (i enjoy the challenge of not having dedicated parts to do very specific tasks). I do reccomend MJ (if you dont want to do everything manually), hyperedit (just to escape bugs, myself find no fun in using it for teh cheat options), and i really like KAS, although i dont currently use it. Ohh, and dont forget the visual upgrades planetshine, EVE (not the planet), ect. having clouds, better lighting, rings around jool, ect just adds to the immersion of the game. And the mod called nooffsetlimits (i dont use it to move a part randomly into teh air, but to let me manipulate stuff in cargo bays and have an easier time making the craft how i want.

There is no such thing as a "must have" mod. Mods are there for 3 things really, making the game prettier (thats subjective but i find cloud mods much nicer to look at then nothing whatsoever), adding new features/parts, and fixing bugs or altering what you can do with the game such as stuff like one mod i use now, that disables limits on gizmos (to allow you to move stuff in cargo bays).

If you are interested in mods, go in the thread and see what interests you. Popular mods include life support (some like me hate the idea, other find it much more enjoyable to use em), realism overhaul (i like sci-fi builds, RO kills sci-fi builds, thus i do not use that mod, but if you like realistic craft then by all means grab it since it makes vessels as close to reality as possible, not for all but some love it), and various part addins (for example near future or the many warp drive mods, B9 (i used to use that but the mk2 and mk3 parst they added made it obsolete for me), KW, ect).

Edited by panzer1b

I know it's off topic but I can't help myself: what's with those percents? Shouldn't be sum of those 100? :confused:

It's a multi-choice poll. Voters can vote for multiple options. If every voter had chosen to only vote for one option, then the percentages would sum to 100 (or very close). As it is though, many voters have voted for more than one option. If every voter had voted for every option, then every result would be 100%.

There is no other way.

Just set some goals and do them. If you're thinking about Laythe, do Laythe.

Sorry but this is a short topic detour.

Regex I was on Facebook the other day, and I saw the KSP page post this, and I thought of you(since you already think stock size is toy sized :sticktongue: ).

On topic however, I suggest Vall.

I build and launched my Joolian sat, it will wait in LKO until Jool is at the good place for the transfer burn. During that time I will continue my submarine challenge.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The rocket had more than 18000m/s of delta v at launch, and as you see I still have a lot left to go around the Joolian system.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.