Undone things in KSP.

DMSP

All three I assume. Flight without reaction wheels isn't that hard, just make sure you take a gimballing engine, and optionally some monopropellant and RCS. It's just rarely done because reaction wheels are so ubiquitous. (Outside of RO and other mods that nerf them).

Similarly, if you pick a few random celestial bodies and visit them in that order, there's a decent chance you're the first person to do that. More likely if you increase the number. Chances are it's not all that hard, it just hasn't been done before because a mission like Gilly-Eeloo-Dres would be an oddball thing to do.

Yeah, I've stopped using reaction wheels period, going in and disabling them in every craft I build and relying on RCS. Which makes me go "Why is this thing turning so much" on craft I forget to disable RW.

But consider this challenge done... once I get the tech.

Please explain what you mean by Eloo without reaction wheels? Getting there? landing? Staying upright?

Basically, I meant use the Stayputnik probe with no reaction wheels. IDK if that's a challenge, but it could be frustrating if you are trying to move to face a maneuver node.

Basically, I meant use the Stayputnik probe with no reaction wheels. IDK if that's a challenge, but it could be frustrating if you are trying to move to face a maneuver node.

I fail to see how, as pretty much every mission I run into space (except early tech) uses RCS without RW... ever. Though for long range missions I might add something to the tune of 300L of Hydrazine instead of the 100L I typically use in Kerbins SoI. Cause running out of Hydrazine while in deep space would be.... bad.

To and from Eve using nothing but SRBs? Is that even POSSIBLE?? Personally, I say rocket equation will tell me otherwise.

I experimented with "controlling" SRB burns by attaching them to radial decouplers and jettisoning them in mid-burn when I had enough delta-v. (it was like firing missiles!)

Keyword: experimented. (LF FTW!)

Edited by Brainlord Mesomorph

[quote name='theend3r']How about a complete grand tour? I'm sure it's possible theoretically but the part count would be insane.[/QUOTE]

Combined with ISRU it can be much smaller - first stop would obviously be Eve, to get rid of most of the one-shot stuff used to claw out of there again.

Hmm, maybe I would be better off settling for a smaller frat, such as a triathlon to the South Pole. Fly a plane a third f the way, airdrop a Kerbal to board a boat or submarine, sail that to the shore of the south landmass, then drive a rover to the South Pole.

[quote name='Bluegillbronco2']Redirect a class E to the surface of Typo. Good luck[/QUOTE]

I just died because of that that.

Have a good day and some rep just because.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='pTrevTrevs']Has anyone circumnavigated Kerbin in a submarine? If not, I know what I'm gonna do this afternoon...[/QUOTE]

Getting added to the list.

GodSpeed.

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']To and from Eve using nothing but SRBs? Is that even POSSIBLE?? Personally, I say rocket equation will tell me otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I question the kind of man that has enough lack of sanity to do such an... [I]unconventional[/I] mission and challenge.

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']To and from Eve using nothing but SRBs? Is that even POSSIBLE?? Personally, I say rocket equation will tell me otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Oh shoot.

What I meant was an Eve Ascent Spacecraft that would lift off into orbit using SRBS. A round trip would be incredible.

There is so much I've never done in KSP it's embarrassing (when I bought the game Squad had just added the Mun).

I saw a blog the other day that I thought was amusing, someone (sorry I'm horrible with names) made a rocket with 1 of every part (except science parts), as predicted it blew up on the launch pad when physics kicked in.

After seeing that I thought it might be a fun challenge to create a rocket with only 1 of every part (except fuel lines, struts, and launch stabilizers .. use as many as needed on those 3 parts) and try to get an orbit of at least 70 x 70 around Kerbin. But I'll probably never get around to it ... so yeah, that's something else I've never done :D

[quote name='Fenris']There is so much I've never done in KSP it's embarrassing (when I bought the game Squad had just added the Mun).

I saw a blog the other day that I thought was amusing, someone (sorry I'm horrible with names) made a rocket with 1 of every part (except science parts), as predicted it blew up on the launch pad when physics kicked in.

After seeing that I thought it might be a fun challenge to create a rocket with only 1 of every part (except fuel lines, struts, and launch stabilizers .. use as many as needed on those 3 parts) and try to get an orbit of at least 70 x 70 around Kerbin. But I'll probably never get around to it ... so yeah, that's something else I've never done :D[/QUOTE]

ONLY 1? So I can't have multiple of the same engine?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.