Undone things in KSP.

DMSP

• 2 months later...
On 6/16/2016 at 3:35 PM, goduranus said:

Scott Manley did 238km/s in 0.18.1

Really! How did he do it? Also I'm not entirely sure 0.18.1 counts because it is totally outdated.

• 2 weeks later...

More recently I know insane speeds have been reached courtesy of glitches. But I assume it's implicit that the 200 km/s should be "legitimate".

The tyranny of the rocket equation really starts to bite. Assuming ion engines 100 km/s of delta-V is fairly easy, requiring a wet mass 12 times the dry mass. That's already beyond what a single stage can do though, you'll need stages or drop tanks. But 150 km/s requires a wet mass 39 times the dry mass. And for 200 km/s you need wet mass 128 times dry mass.

On the other hand, if you get Jool to fling you nearly into the Sun, you'll already be doing 80-90 km/s at your solar periapsis. So maybe 200 km/s can be feasibly reached on the stock parts after all.

On 11.11.2015 at 7:26 PM, DMSP said:

Hi everyone!

I was thinking the other minute, what are things that have never (as we know of) been done in KSP?

Use this thread to post what you think (or know) hasn't been done. I'll make a list on this post.

-Make it within 20 Km of the core of a planet.

Just done got 5 km from Mun center, yes its not an planet but still. 
HGKnNDUl.png
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/143067-falling-towards-the-singularity/

An clipping glitch caused an piece of derbies clipping trough the ground and fall towards the singularity in center. 

24 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

Just done got 5 km from Mun center, yes its not an planet but still. 
HGKnNDUl.png
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/143067-falling-towards-the-singularity/

An clipping glitch caused an piece of derbies clipping trough the ground and fall towards the singularity in center. 

Nice! It's been done before, but good work!

On 16/06/2016 at 2:35 PM, goduranus said:

Scott Manley did 238km/s in 0.18.1

Here's a start in a reasonably recent version, by Turbo Pumped:

Edited by Guest

On November 11, 2015 at 10:26 AM, DMSP said:

-An underwater Laythe colony.

-A Dres colony.

-Elcano challenge on Dres!

-Circumnavigation of Laythe with a Submarine.

-Meet up with an impacting asteroid with a plane (may not be possible due to loading and physics range).

Challenge accepted! Can I do it in 1.1.0? Or does it still have to be 1.0.5?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2016 at 8:10 PM, Astrofox said:

Okay. I beat KSP legit.

Just go to the What did you do today in KSP thread, and you'll find a lot of stuff.

While your SRB SSTO is an impressive achievement, sorry to say, it was not the first. There was a reddit challenge about 4 months ago and several people submitted SRB SSTO space planes. Its quite interesting to see what they came up with:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/47usil/weekly_challenge_week_119_unstoppable_ii/

• 3 months later...

I *briefly* went over 10 km/s in Jool's atmosphere. Not sure if this challenge means to use only jet engines. Mine was an atmo probe that didn't have enough fuel to brake. It blew up at 196 km.

-10,000 M/S in any atmosphere.

Undone things in KSP?

Maybe partially scrapping (with KIS) and reconstruction (Konstruction mod) of a whole interplanetary vessel in LKO.
Well thats what i am about to do the next days.:D
Gonna post some pics, i have a reliable space shuttle that performs rather safe and sound, to refund the expensive parts on ground.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.