Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

Just now, Kuzzter said:

Nah, I don't mind the plume. It's a jet-powered carrier. :) 

And whaddaya mean? Do both pages in the update not display for you?

Oh-ho! I thought this was going to be titled by updates, not by page numbers. I thought I had missed something.

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

The "meteorite"

The "Kerbulans"

*Determination. . .!

But the kerbulans didn't know about Kerbin until Kenlie passed through the monolith!

*G e t  D u n k e d  O n !

2 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

The "meteorite"

The "Kerbulans"

Hm! You think? You THINK? Well...you'll see :) 

1 hour ago, Farex said:

I don't get it.

You will! Just stay with me, I promise it'll make sense.

48 minutes ago, Andem said:

But the kerbulans didn't know about Kerbin until Kenlie passed through the monolith!

Correct, no one on Kerbulus even suspected Kerbin existed until Kenlie Kermulan found the Evestation. But if--then--how--wha?!!

I guess you'll just have to wait for the next pages :) 

Oh wow!  So many questions!  Besides the "meteorite"... which was so conspicuously in quotations.... that's got to be something good.

Who is this U.F.K?  A Federation?  I thought I read all of this, but I'm not remembering any Federation before this..... hmmmmmmmm.......  

Oh, and I love the Enterprise.... but this also begs the question... was it meant to be a warship before year zero?

Oh, man... so many questions!!!  I am really loving this!   Outstanding!   :D

27 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Who is this U.F.K?  A Federation?  I thought I read all of this, but I'm not remembering any Federation before this..... hmmmmmmmm.......  

Oh, and I love the Enterprise.... but this also begs the question... was it meant to be a warship before year zero?

Oh, man... so many questions!!!  I am really loving this!   Outstanding!   :D

Thanks Jim! Well, unlike Earth's CV-6 the KSS Enterprise was not intended to be a warship. Even before Year Zero the Kerbin Kerbals are goofy and non-violent... but if "history had gone a different way" and, say, there had been an "accident" involving explosive decouplers, well, who knows? 

U.F.K. stands for United Federation of Kerbin. The fleet young Gene Kerman serves in is part of the Federation. You may recognize some elements from their logo :) 

Yep. And "accident" with decouplers would be OMB's fault. And a mammoth failure would be kerbodyne's fault. A RUD with poodles would be

A. Rockomax's fault

B. a pet walker who had dogs that thought rocket engines were bones fault. :D 

(BTW I have chapter one the first part of my mission report posted!)

I have created a hypothesis! The Kerbulans are kerbals who stole rocket tech when things got unfriendly, discovered Kerbulus, and settled into a violent lifestyle. The Kerbals have long since forgotten the Kerbulans, and they hadn't known until now that Kerbulus existed.

*Determination.

16 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

No, I haven't tried launching the plane yet

Well, I think the real issue would be landing it.  Maybe there's a cool mod that adds tailhooks and arresting wires.  I guess that's a bit much for a Zwischenspiel.

There appears to be a lot of speculation going on in the thread, but it seems to me that we don't have enough information yet to even begin speculating.

Happy Concerned landings!

8 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

I have created a hypothesis! The Kerbulans are kerbals who stole rocket tech when things got unfriendly, discovered Kerbulus, and settled into a violent lifestyle. The Kerbals have long since forgotten the Kerbulans, and they hadn't known until now that Kerbulus existed.

Interesting hypothesis--but then how would you explain the duplicate names and other parallels? 

19 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

There appears to be a lot of speculation going on in the thread, but it seems to me that we don't have enough information yet to even begin speculating.

Something tells me @Starhawk knows exactly what's going on but isn't telling. In fact, I'm willing to bet a whole box of paperclips he does.

9 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Thanks Jim! Well, unlike Earth's CV-6 the KSS Enterprise was not intended to be a warship. Even before Year Zero the Kerbin Kerbals are goofy and non-violent... but if "history had gone a different way"...

8 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Interesting hypothesis--but then how would you explain the duplicate names and other parallels? 

I think those are all the clues we need people. :)

Edited by KSK

2 minutes ago, KSK said:

That, plus the "meteorite", plus the UFO easteregg.

Conclusion: Mice landed on Kerbin, abducted some Kerbals, had Slatibartfast build Kerbulan and set them loose there. Bang, alternate history! :sticktongue:

28 minutes ago, KerbalOmmex said:

What is the job of the Air Service? @Kuzzter, is it...

1 Performing emergency operations

2 Helping passenger vehicles that have suffered a problem. (Repairing damaged engines midflight?)

I can't think of anything else.

Perhaps also exploration?

59 minutes ago, KSK said:

Maybe--there are others though! 

54 minutes ago, Chemp said:

Conclusion: Mice landed on Kerbin, abducted some Kerbals, had Slatibartfast build Kerbulan and set them loose there. Bang, alternate history! :sticktongue:

Well, that's probably as plausible as anything I could come up with. But no. :) 

3 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Perhaps also exploration?

Yeah, let's go with that. 

11 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Welp that's as far as is letting me snip that. You've got me. I can't this for **** right now

Well then, have another page!

5NWlcaI.png

Da naaaaa!

This might be a good time to remind the readers of Forum rule 2.3e... as I continue to tell this story, which is going to draw some parallels to our real world, I am going to steer far clear of any "discriminatory [...] language, actions, or iconography", even though such would be in "historical context". Please everyone be sure to do the same when you comment. :) 

What surprises me is that apparently almost no Kerbal remembers the attack. It should have been a traumatizing experience and the last image shows that it also happened in closed proximity to the KSC. Even if admiral Shirley managed to sweep everything under the rug, with what kind of expanation did they come up to account for the explosions? Surely the Kerbulans didn't just target the open fields, or did they?

Just now, Chemp said:

What surprises me is that apparently almost no Kerbal remembers the attack. It should have been a traumatizing experience and the last image shows that it also happened in closed proximity to the KSC. Even if admiral Shirley managed to sweep everything under the rug, with what kind of expanation did they come up to account for the explosions? Surely the Kerbulans didn't just target the open fields, or did they?

That's not Admiral Shirley, and that's not KSC. :) But yeah, Shirley and Gene Kermulan are pretty badS standing out in the open like that...or else I just didn't feel like building a bunker out of structural panels this morning :) 

12 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

That's not Admiral Shirley, and that's not KSC. :)

Shame on me, I've been jumping to conclusions instead of looking carefully. Tsk tsk tsk... the uniforms... Rockomaximus... I'd better go back under my rock where I belong.

OK...... so the year before the year before year zero, factions on Kerbulus are apparently attacking each other.... but I'm not sure if this is a real war, or just standard operating procedure for Kerbulans when negotiating a contract.
The stranger thing to me seems to be madam Leader wanting to call a truce.  Is "truce" even a real word in Kerbulan vocabulary?

I'm really curious where you're going with this!

Just now, Just Jim said:

.... but I'm not sure if this is a real war, or just standard operating procedure for Kerbulans when negotiating a contract.

LOL. Next page will make that apparent (and OK it is a real war, involving the entire world of Kerbulus!)

Sorry to parse this out so slowly, the main reason other than all the new uniforms and craft taking so long is that I'm going away for a long weekend starting Friday and I want to give you as many pieces of the puzzle as I can before I go.

1 minute ago, Kuzzter said:

Sorry to parse this out so slowly, the main reason other than all the new uniforms and craft taking so long is that I'm going away for a long weekend starting Friday and I want to give you as many pieces of the puzzle as I can before I go.

That's fine!   It's fun trying to figure out what you're up to.

And have a great weekend!  :cool:

Well, if something (Werner's capsule?) was deliberately sent from Kerbulus to Kerbin that also means somebody on Kerbulus knew of the other planet way before the Kenlie effect. There's a huge question how... And how many people knew.

Also, there was something about nuclear engines and von Kermulan not being careful... Not careful in the sense of accidentally making leaky reactor with high ISP or in the sense of not destroying the evidence (of what he used to run away?) and  letting this tech get in the military hands?