Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

jHp280B.jpg
uXpCzsH.jpg
DHHtCJA.jpg

All images shown are upside down for your viewing comfort.

Yeah, I was bored, and decided to make a concept for my take on a Kerbulan LKO interceptor. The result is the Crow. Wing design partially stolen from the Vulture.

It's posted here, partially because Kerbulans, and partially because I was too lazy, and didn't really have any

*Determination.

3 hours ago, Farex said:

You know that you can make screenshots in KSP by pressing F1 ?

Why did you take a photo of your screen? And you can also rotate your pictures really easy.

DO you know?

I do. However, Imgur was mean on my laptop and did not let me upload screenshots

So

Stay Determined . . .

Edited by SpaceplaneAddict

All right, let's finish the ejection burn, and the chapter.

MhgI9GP.png

hhyDn9E.png

XzSCwsO.png

zmBCrFD.png

PTCOEEq.png

0r3PmQ3.png

So, I was thinking about how I could keep Kerbulus hidden from everyone for the next two years. Bob could have asked Val to roll the ship away from the sun, so he could study distant galaxies without light pollution. They could have had a kitchen explosion and been forced to go into hibernation. Or I could have gone with some sort of running gag where every time someone could have seen Kerbulus, an object (the lost Mohoball!) got in the way. In the end, I decided Val's competence in celestial navigation should override all other considerations, and at least this would give you all something to talk about while you wait for the next chapter. (which I am not in a hurry to get to, as I would like to wait for 1.1)

An Interlude may be next.

Edited by Kuzzter

14 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Fun!

6 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

*Determination.

I need a tagline...  Hmm...

- Some Internet Guy

9 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

In the end, I decided Val's competence in celestial navigation should override all other considerations, and at least this would give you all something to talk about while you wait for the next chapter.

Yup, she knows her way around the system.

Not only will it give us something to talk about, but it'll give them something to talk about and do for the next two years, even if they don't know the entire significance of the discovery.  Yet.

In the meantime, the science team should be very excited.

Happy Concerned Suspenseful landings!

I could fly a Gumdrop mission to find the ball!

No, Jeb. That was before the burn, you don't have the delta v.

We could make a new ball out of depleted uranium

Concerns! It would be way too dense!

"and tool a nap"

Also looks like Kenlie needs to double-check his writing for typos.

40 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

I need a tagline...  Hmm...

No. No you don't :) 

33 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Not only will it give us something to talk about, but it'll give them something to talk about and do for the next two years, even if they don't know the entire significance of the discovery.  Yet.

Right, I admit that was as much the motivation as anything else. Thinking ahead to "Chapter 9: The exciting planar correction burn in which nothing else happens!" pretty much decided the issue for me.

32 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

I'm very pleased with how this is turning out.

And me as well! And if you hadn't guessed, today's episode is brought to you by Distant Object Enhancement. Thanks, @MOARdV! I was able to configure it very easily to put Kerbulus and its moons in the correct colors.

15 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

No, Jeb. That was before the burn, you don't have the delta v.

Concerns! It would be way too dense!

Also looks like Kenlie needs to double-check his writing for typos.

Correct on all three counts, thanks. :) 

13 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Wow, Valentina gets around... She went to Sarge to "inspect his scansats" ;)

Hey now, even if there was such a thing in non-April Fools Kuzzterverse, there would have to be some kind of General Order about the CO 'fraternizing' with a noncom. Nope, the probes have just enough intelligence to act as an enlisted crew under NCO supervision, and it's a compliment to Sarge for the Captin to inspect his unit.

What?

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

All right, let's finish the ejection burn, and the chapter.

So, I was thinking about how I could keep Kerbulus hidden from everyone for the next two years. Bob could have asked Val to roll the ship away from the sun, so he could study distant galaxies without light pollution. They could have had a kitchen explosion and been forced to go into hibernation. Or I could have gone with some sort of running gag where every time someone could have seen Kerbulus, an object (the lost Mohoball!) got in the way. In the end, I decided Val's competence in celestial navigation should override all other considerations, and at least this would give you all something to talk about while you wait for the next chapter. (which I am not in a hurry to get to, as I would like to wait for 1.1)

But wouldn't they conclude that the unknown planet is the lost mohoball? It would certainly sound like a simpler explanation than an entirely unknown planet... Of course, over time they would realize the object is in the other side of the system, given its movement...

And thus, cat was freed from the bag. Still, it's incredible that two spacefaring civilisations sharing the same star system could be oblivious to each other existence for so long. Both Kerbals and Kerbulans should feel ashamed.

22 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

But wouldn't they conclude that the unknown planet is the lost mohoball? It would certainly sound like a simpler explanation than an entirely unknown planet... Of course, over time they would realize the object is in the other side of the system, given its movement...

given that they know what color the mohoball looks like (i belive its brown like moho) I doubt they will confuse the two

18 minutes ago, insert_name said:

given that they know what color the mohoball looks like (i belive its brown like moho) I doubt they will confuse the two

Love that I introduced the term about an hour ago, and there's already headcanon. Surprised no one's asked for a complete list of rules already. 

1 minute ago, Kuzzter said:

Love that I introduced the term about an hour ago, and there's already headcanon. Surprised no one's asked for a complete list of rules already. 

Just like when @Just Jim was surprised when we totally accepted that he warped a probe core from Bop( I think) to Ike, but only discussed how thompberry could have changed the rover, him only being a computer program...