Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 28--and the answer to Angelo's question is...

Mister Dilsby

Interesting, so Kerbulus has the ability to cloak their vessels, yet they are visible in the IR spectrum when firing up their engines...

Also, I am wondering what physical force is keeping those planets aligned? As they are in each others L3 points they are nominally on unstable orbits and most probably would lose alignment until they'd be in each others L4 / L5 points.

As both planets did not know about that fact - and hence could prevent a misaligning process - it is likely there's a third, yet unknown, planet orbiting Kerbol on a yet undiscovered orbit. Well or simply there's no three body physics in the Kerbol system.

I am excited to find out...

20 minutes ago, something said:

Well or simply there's no three body physics in the Kerbol system.

Yeah it's that one :) Game physics pretty much equals comic physics...best not to think too much about it.

Working on the next update--really had to abuse the stunt doubles to get the reaction shots I needed. Fun fact: much of the bridge would survive a drop from Eve orbit to the surface!

On 4/21/2016 at 9:45 AM, Kuzzter said:

Love this analysis, and agree--if they weren't a lot more resistant to radiation than we are, then the'd have no business lollygagging around the solar system at all, let alone happily strapping themselves into an LV-N powered command chair for a joyride. But let's look in and see if Evil Bob shares your opinion...

[snip]

So S.P.Q.K. does not permit in any way ideas that conflict with their militaristic ideology. That doesn't surprise me.

On 4/23/2016 at 10:23 AM, something said:

Interesting, so Kerbulus has the ability to cloak their vessels, yet they are visible in the IR spectrum when firing up their engines...

Also, I am wondering what physical force is keeping those planets aligned? As they are in each others L3 points they are nominally on unstable orbits and most probably would lose alignment until they'd be in each others L4 / L5 points.

As both planets did not know about that fact - and hence could prevent a misaligning process - it is likely there's a third, yet unknown, planet orbiting Kerbol on a yet undiscovered orbit. Well or simply there's no three body physics in the Kerbol system.

I am excited to find out...

Of course, if realistic n-body physics were in KSP (like in the Principia mod), Tylo would eject Vall, Bop, and Pol out of the Jool system over time.

3 minutes ago, rlin said:

Of course, if realistic n-body physics were in KSP (like in the Principia mod), Tylo would eject Vall, Bop, and Pol out of the Jool system over time.

Yeah, and sattelite orbits would slowly drift off from their designated orbits (I think) and n-body physics is a really complicated thing. The devs wouldn't have time to do anything else, or have room for anything else even.

And I'm back!  Had a great time in Boston especially at the Museum of Science. Appreciate your patience, thanks for not pinging :) And here's five pages:

ya5Ac59.png

cYJ8ebm.png

rInhH2B.png

9vA4RE4.png

ZaZv2CU.png

So yeah, lots of reveals today. That ship is ISS DESPAIR, and you'll be seeing her it again. Jeb Kermulan is flying one of the attack planes up to meet it. It's not an SSTO, the jet part separates once it's in orbit and the craft continues as a rocket fighter. As for the Ghost... well, what more is there to tell? If you do see his ship, it's probably already too late. Meep!

Edited by Kuzzter

Wow there's a lot going on here!

Wernher's knowledge of Kerbulus is quite the surprise.  And he clearly knows quite a bit.  It's hard to imagine Gene not sending a ship otherwise, however.

Loving the ISS DESPAIR.  And 'the Ghost'.

Thank you Kuzzter.

Happy Concerned Nervous 'Meep' landings!

On 24/4/2016 at 10:46 PM, smjjames said:
On 24/4/2016 at 10:40 PM, rlin said:

Yeah, and sattelite orbits would slowly drift off from their designated orbits (I think) and n-body physics is a really complicated thing. The devs wouldn't have time to do anything else, or have room for anything else even.

In the pricipia mod they say that that's not actually true, if you interpret correctly the orbital parameters. Though only scott manley did this well.

On 4/24/2016 at 1:07 PM, rlin said:

So S.P.Q.K. does not permit in any way ideas that conflict with their militaristic ideology. That doesn't surprise me.

Don't forget that evilGene and evilBob already ...talked'boult Werner.'.

Oooh, wow this is intreguing! The Kerbulans did mention that Wernher has developped nuclear propulsion for them but they lost him before they could make him weaponise the tehnology. Could it be that there is actually no mirror Wernher, just the one who escaped using the very technology he refused to weaponise for the Kermulans?

Or has Wernher of Kerbfleet really been an imposter the whole time after having brutally murdered his counterpart, which would explain the terrible design of the Eve Atmosferikdipperkraft - a craft that was practically designed to kill its ocupants? In which case, what is his agenda, since it appears the Kerbulans don't know about him? Does he belong to one of the Kerbulan rival factions and is he using an innocent alien space programme to develop the technology he needs to get a shot at his enemies? 

Whatever the case, I think we're in for quite a ride.

4 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

As for the Ghost... well, what more is there to tell? If you do see his ship, it's probably already too late. Meep!

Let's speculate a bit. I'd say that we're talking about a pilot here, since his ability to fly seems to be unsurpassed. We can further assume that he's an evil twin of a character we already know. Now, Jeb, Lisa and Kenlie are already accounted for. There's Dilby and Tedus but there was this other pilot who Kuzzter mentioned a few pages back. So, what more is there to tell? That I've already forgotten his name - again! :D

1 hour ago, Deddly said:

Or has Wernher of Kerbfleet really been an imposter the whole time after having brutally murdered his counterpart

That's going a bit far, but I fully subscribe to the idea that Wernher might have some links to the Kermulans. The facial hair has to come from somewhere, doesn't it?

Edited by Chemp

Its Greg...more? Greg...something. Argh, that guy is slippery as an eel! Anyways, i think Wernher is either a refugee from Kerbulus, or a descendant of a more peaceful-minded group of Kermulans who managed to escape the decadence of their homeworld and settled on Kerbin before the start of space era. Who knows (i'm looking at ya, Kuzzter :wink: ) - maybe they even helped to start space program on Kerbin, to prepare their adopted world for the horror lurking on the other side of Kerbol?