Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 28--and the answer to Angelo's question is...

Mister Dilsby

Very fun interchanges between Fleet guy and Samantha!

I can't wait to see what you have in store for them.  Knowing how much you waste panels on dead-end character development so often, I imagine that you'll just shelve them indefinitely now.  :D

And I would never take those odds.  Hmmm, I just looked at the first little bit of Eve: Order Zero again.  Perhaps I should reconsider.  :D

Like I should talk, me and my backwards Clamp-o-tron Seniors.

Intrepid rocks!   Kerbfleet forever!

Happy Concerned landings!

Absolutely love it, Kuzzter. I'm so glad you saw the comedy value with that fleet guy, and you played it very well! That reminds me... what ever happened to Markers Guy?

Edited by Deddly

6 minutes ago, Deddly said:

That reminds me... what ever happened to Markers Guy?

Kuzz Jr (who is sitting next to me and saying "No! Don't quote me!" also says, "Marker Guy is my favorite mission control guy!" So both of you, don't worry, he got re-hired along with Bobak at the end of Order Zero. He'll be back. :) 

1 hour ago, Deddly said:

That reminds me... what ever happened to Markers Guy?

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

Kuzz Jr (who is sitting next to me and saying "No! Don't quote me!" also says, "Marker Guy is my favorite mission control guy!" So both of you, don't worry, he got re-hired along with Bobak at the end of Order Zero. He'll be back. :) 

And the spirit of Marker Guy <shameless plug> shall live on </shameless plug>, echoing endlessly through the Kerbalverse.

I have to tell you and Kuzz Jr. that the original Marker Guy joke was one of my favourite early moments from the Kerbfleet tales.  I still hold a great fondness for Marker Guy because of that.

Happy Concerned landings!

Edited by Starhawk

It's a nuclear submarine thing. Because they go on months-long patrols, SSBN's have two crews - Gold and Blue. While one is on patrol, second is resting or training. When ship comes back, crews switch and next patrol can begin almost immediately. Thats how things were during Cold War anyway - to minimalise the period when a submarine was stuck in the port, exposed to eventual attack without chance of retaliation.

@Chemp, it's a very funny reference to the prerelease version of KSP 1.1 that will soon be available for users to test, but only if they have the Steam version (See announcements for more details).

EDIT: Actually, it was a Devblog (click to see it)

Edited by Deddly

Oh, thanks! How did I miss that? My mind had already conjured up the dreadful image of steam users getting moar-Kuzzter-comic. I was planning to have a serious talk with Clauselle about what happened to liberté, égalité, fraternité.

15 hours ago, Commander Zoom said:

Anyone else hear "Leaving Drydock"?

Ahh yes, great scene. If I could have put Intrepid and Micarooni Station in the same physics bubble without blowing up the universe, I could have had a station-keeper on EVA do a flip as she went by :) 

Things are going well and we're nearing Minmus orbit, but problem with the PBI science lab--it has just over 100 points of experiments loaded (with an advertised capacity of 500) and it's saying I can't load any more. Will dig into the configs a little and maybe ask on the mod thread, but any deep insight appreciated :) 

12 hours ago, Chemp said:

Oh, thanks! How did I miss that? My mind had already conjured up the dreadful image of steam users getting moar-Kuzzter-comic. I was planning to have a serious talk with Clauselle about what happened to liberté, égalité, fraternité.

Liberté exploded while at anchor at Toulon in 1911.  The others were scrapped at the end of normal service lives (unless you're thinking of their earlier namesakes, some of which were wrecked or lost in action).

Edited by Geschosskopf

9 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Liberté exploded while at anchor at Toulon in 1911.  The others were scrapped at the end of normal service lives (unless you're thinking of their earlier namesakes, some of which were wrecked or lost in action).

Now that explains why there's so much injustice and lack of freedom in the world. It's all the French's fault, blowing up and scrapping the fundaments of universal rights. :sticktongue: I'll have to ask Deeman Kerman to hold Causelle responsible and get her to make it up to Kerbality. Just because.
Maybe she even gets the Kerbulans to see the Kerbals as their equals and brothers...

26 minutes ago, Chemp said:

Now that explains why there's so much injustice and lack of freedom in the world. It's all the French's fault, blowing up and scrapping the fundaments of universal rights. :sticktongue: I'll have to ask Deeman Kerman to hold Causelle responsible and get her to make it up to Kerbality. Just because.
Maybe she even gets the Kerbulans to see the Kerbals as their equals and brothers...

Can't do it, it wouldn't stand up, even in a kangaroo kourt. The explosive charges were badly degraded, which is why the Kerbals don't have any concept of violence- no need to worry about the Intrepid blowing up!

However, if you would like to get out of charges of mutiny, piracy, or a parking ticket, let me know.

and on we go... 

o75w2e6.png

8pjlCAn.png

aJByO4r.png

So yeah, the thrust angle thing: I didn't want to get into a long explanation but for some reason the readout disappeared from KER. This made it difficult to balance the ship (you may have noticed Intrepid is not exactly symmetric) so I had to run RCS to hold course for some of the burns. The "K&K rep" did reply to me but he doesn't know what's going on, so I'll try to sort it out in the configs myself, and if I can't I'll just let Bill "help" the Science team with the data :) 

Excellent beginning to the voyage.

I love seeing the orbits and encounters on the screen at the front of the bridge.

The landing at Minmus should be interesting.

Thanks Kuzzter!

Happy Concerned Gentle landings!

The readout of KER going out happened to me on my Descapade mission.  More then once...  Something about large craft makes it hard for KER to update the readout so it defaults to blank?  I got it back by bringing up the main menu, going back to the ship, bringing up the main menu again, going back to the ship.  Did that between 2 and 3 times and it would come back online.  Not sure why it helped, but it did.  Try that if it does it again.

30 minutes ago, Noname117 said:

That big grin on Sarge's face in the last panel just makes it so much better. Look at how happy he is swearing at the probes!

:D Yeah, it just didn't feel right having an NCO aboard and no one for him to yell at. Fortunately the probes are programmed to take it and like it!

41 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

There may not be any weapons in Kerbfleet, but I don't want to find out what happens when Sarge's censors take a break!

"What are we supposed to use, harsh language?" heh. ;)

@Kuzzter I have some lab config experience with Pathfinder, if you want me to take a gander at the KPBS science lab. :)