Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 28--and the answer to Angelo's question is...

Mister Dilsby

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

However, FWIW, I believe that the historical chain of command went centurion (company CO), tribune (ad hoc battalion CO, otherwise legion staff), legate (regiment/brigade CO), then various titles for corps/army CO, then a deified human,

Right you are. I'm mashing up army and navy ranks, so here's the canonical list

KF enzin = IF [haven't decided yet. Maybe 'aquila', but I don't know if I like the sound of that]
KF jr. looty = IF sub-legate
KF looty = IF legate
KF lt. comder = IF centurion
KF comder = IF subcommander 
KF captin = IF commander

...the latter two following Star Trek canon, of course :) 

54 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Nice touch with the mirrored title at the top. Great development of just how evil the villains are, all round. Is it time? Is it? It IS?

Thank you! The BOOOO! HISSSSS! was one of my favorite parts of E:O0. These guys, though...maybe a bit less of a 'fun' badguy than Chairkerb Mort was. I'm not saying that at some point we will find out what color Kerbulan brains are, but I'm not saying we won't either. 

2 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

That's OK... this chapter deserves a double dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnn

Or a Star Trek  "Daa NAAAAAAA!"

4 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

It looks like they found Kerbin before Kerbfleet found Kerbulus.

Yep. Start the countdown to Jeb Kerman saying, "I told you I saw something Bob!"

11 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

It's the mirror kerbs! Nud nud nuuuuuuuuuuud!

Your agonizer, please.

Ahh...  One of my favorite Star Trek episodes.

Nice new suits on the Kermulans, resembles the silver jackets worn by the Romulans in TNG. I forget what the TOS Romulans wore though.

Also, something wierd is up with their mouths. Either they have a beard kind of thing or something else.

Edited by smjjames

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

iT HAS WEAPONS?!

Well no, they don't--just a bunch of probes. I suppose some of them could look like weapons...you'd have to have, I dunno, a completely militaristic mindset to make that kind of mistake.

1 hour ago, smjjames said:

Nice new suits on the Kermulans, resembles the silver jackets worn by the Romulans in TNG.

Thanks! Not coincidence at all: I found a TNG Romulan uniform pattern somewhere and just scaled/stretched it to fit the sleeves and right torso. That lets the tunic color show on the left torso, of course, so we can tell Warrior Pilots from Intelligence from Whatever The Red Ones Are. 

4 minutes ago, Laythe Dweller said:

Doesn't the Intrepid have several clusters of highly radioactive engines? They could just point them at the Kermulans, or burn at them if they are feeling particularly nasty.

Oh yeah, the weaponized exhaust thing. The Kermulans would have to get pretty close though, might as well be a melee weapon.

2 minutes ago, smjjames said:

Oh yeah, the weaponized exhaust thing. The Kermulans would have to get pretty close though, might as well be a melee weapon.

The radiation from the engines, even when not burning, would fry the Kermulans even from far away.

2 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

[Snip]

[...] That lets the tunic color show on the left torso, of course, so we can tell Warrior Pilots from Intelligence from Whatever The Red Ones Are. 

In keeping with the militaristic theme, wouldn't the Red Ones be sappers?

--Oh, and first time caller, long time reader, &c.  I've been following this since page one of Duna, Ore Bust!  Absolutely fabulous work, @Kuzzter.  I've had almost as much fun watching you play KSP as I've had playing it myself.

Edited by Zhetaan

I'd quote @SpaceplaneAddict here, but my tablet browser is pitching a fit.

As to armament; if you have engines, you're armed with a giant blowtorch. If you have probes, you have guided missiles. If you have remote-piloted auxiliary craft, you have torpedoes. And when all else fails, pointing the bow at something and shouting "ramming speed" tends to work out nicely.

12 minutes ago, The Error said:

I'd quote @SpaceplaneAddict here, but my tablet browser is pitching a fit.

As to armament; if you have engines, you're armed with a giant blowtorch. If you have probes, you have guided missiles. If you have remote-piloted auxiliary craft, you have torpedoes. And when all else fails, pointing the bow at something and shouting "ramming speed" tends to work out nicely.

It's canon that using probes as guided missiles are a method that the Kerbulans used to destroy stuff (including Le Scansat ;.;). Also, in the Crossoverlude, didn't Kenlie write of Martystu Kerman ramming a certain Mister Blocko?

Just now, Gojira1000 said:

Or just send Sarge with a spanner and orders to "pretend you're on shore leave". I have faith in Sarge.

But they have no concept of violence! All Sarge would do then is get tipsy on hydrazine, and leave the wrench somewhere at a gas station. :P

3 hours ago, Dman979 said:

and leave the wrench somewhere at a gas station

Oh my, we are not going there, are we? Next, we'll be discussing if Clauselle eats déjeuner or dîner at noon and if the Kerbulans represent nonante-neuf or quatre-vingt-dix-neuf problems. :D

If the Kerbulans sneak a spy onto the intrepid, the spy will most likely starve.

If they intercept the radio transmissions, they'll probably at least learn the Intrepid's destination before the kerbulan radio officer hears Sarge talking and goes into a deep coma.

15 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

iT HAS WEAPONS?!

Well, no. Just probes and noms and rovers and the qwammer and laythe plane. But kenlie could paint space RPG's on the probes.... Right? Or they could "accidentally" shoot them with the auxiliary engines (the big kerbodyne rhinos) and that works... Right? I don't know.

17 hours ago, Laythe Dweller said:

Doesn't the Intrepid have several clusters of highly radioactive engines? 

Hmm...

16 hours ago, Zhetaan said:

--Oh, and first time caller, long time reader, &c.  I've been following this since page one of Duna, Ore Bust!  Absolutely fabulous work, @Kuzzter.  I've had almost as much fun watching you play KSP as I've had playing it myself.

Thanks so much! Very glad to have entertained you :D 

16 hours ago, The Error said:

If you have probes, you have guided missiles.

Hmmmmmm.

13 hours ago, Dman979 said:

IIRC, Kuzzter said something about the Jooldivers looking suspiciously like missiles a while back. 

HMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Zl35FjO.png

elIOMxH.png

MXthyka.png

Well folks, it looks like some of you think a lot like Kerbulans... or is it that the Kerbulans think a little too much like us? ;) 

Edited by Kuzzter
evil typo