Sigma Dimensions

Sigma88

2 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I don't really know anything about scatterer configs, when I found out that they are not editable with module manager I lost all interest in learning how they work.

I think the best bet would be to ask to the scatterer guys. :)

Alright well, one thing at a time. Thanks! and good luck with any other nasties you might encounter, i'll be sure to put any horrifying invisible wall bs here whenever i get around to landing on gilly or bop :)

4 minutes ago, secretly_asian said:

Alright well, one thing at a time. Thanks! and good luck with any other nasties you might encounter, i'll be sure to put any horrifying invisible wall bs here whenever i get around to landing on gilly or bop :)

have fun exploring :)

1 hour ago, sDaZe said:

Does this work with 1.1 sigma?

yes, except for asteroids, I will get around to release a proper version for 1.1 eventually. I have so many mods updating all of them is a pain :D

32 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

yes, except for asteroids, I will get around to release a proper version for 1.1 eventually. I have so many mods updating all of them is a pain :D

Sorry for asking so much :3 

Also i forget what should i do to make rss planets stock size? @Sigma88

Edited by sDaZe

Using Sigma with the new RSS, i got two errors related to GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/atmoScale.cfg.
There is a typo in the saturn.cfg of RSS: Line 188                 key = 920000 487.529 -0.00637189-0.00637189, there needs to be a space in it:    key = 920000 487.529 -0.00637189 -0.00637189.

I have also a question, what happens with the seasonal temps and pressures which are now included in RSS??

33 minutes ago, HansB said:

Using Sigma with the new RSS, i got two errors related to GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/atmoScale.cfg.
There is a typo in the saturn.cfg of RSS: Line 188                 key = 920000 487.529 -0.00637189-0.00637189, there needs to be a space in it:    key = 920000 487.529 -0.00637189 -0.00637189.

I have also a question, what happens with the seasonal temps and pressures which are now included in RSS??

ive sent a PR to the RSS repo, just need to wait for them to come online :P

36 minutes ago, HansB said:

Thanks for reporting the issue, I've notified Nathan (ninja'd by KA)

regarding seasonal temperatures, I think those are calculated using latitude and other parameters independent from the size of the planet

so there's no need for me to change anything about them

Edited by Sigma88

OK, thanks.

Next one, is it possible to give scansat it's own key?
Now I am playing 1/10 scale of RSS but keeping the atmosheight 1, so the scanheights are very low.
On earth optimal in the atmosphere and the moon at 30 KM.

Edited by HansB

2 hours ago, Joco223 said:

@sDaZe Very Nice! I am thinking about setting up something similar, but is there some kind of DV map for it? (I like to make rockets really efficient)

Its pretty much the same DV map as stock kerbol. Im currently trying to get eve working

Hi there,

First off, this is the first time I used Sigma Dimensions (as opposed to 6.4k), and OMG (I sound like my daughter now)...it is so easy and intuitive.  Your link on the front page to set up a 6.4k-style solar system is easy to do and so welcomed.

I was wondering if Sigma Dimensions plays well with Real Plume?  Since I installed SD, RP seems to not function.  When I went into RP's globalsettings.cfg, I noticed it had command lines for RSS and 6.4k.  Would I also have to add a line in there for SD?   Looks easy enough, but I just wanted to bounce it off all of you regular users of SD, just in case.

Cheers Sigma88, and collectively, thank you for your hard, continued work on such a wonderful game.

@sDaZe that happens when you resize planets and atmospheres by a different number.

I suppose you are playing on 0.1x resize RSS with 1x Atmosphere

The solution would be to set the atmoVisualEffect to 0.1

@Gaultesian thanks! I'm always glad to see people enjoy my mods :)

I didn't know realplume needed changes for rescaled systems. I will look into it for the next release :wink:

Edited by Sigma88

I am not a programmer, but I took a stab at it and modified the Globalsettings.cfg in RealPlumes with the following:

@SmokeScreen:FINAL
{
    %atmDensityExp = 0.5128 //Scale atmosphere to stock solar system.
}
@SmokeScreen:NEEDS[RealSolarSystem]:FINAL
{
    %atmDensityExp = 1
}
@SmokeScreen:NEEDS[64k]:FINAL
{
    %atmDensityExp = 0.714
}
@SmokeScreen:NEEDS[Dimensions]:FINAL
{
    %atmDensityExp = 0.714
}

Seems to work fine now.

18 minutes ago, Gaultesian said:

I am not a programmer, but I took a stab at it and modified the Globalsettings.cfg in RealPlumes with the following:

@SmokeScreen:FINAL
{
    %atmDensityExp = 0.5128 //Scale atmosphere to stock solar system.
}
@SmokeScreen:NEEDS[RealSolarSystem]:FINAL
{
    %atmDensityExp = 1
}
@SmokeScreen:NEEDS[64k]:FINAL
{
    %atmDensityExp = 0.714
}
@SmokeScreen:NEEDS[Dimensions]:FINAL
{
    %atmDensityExp = 0.714
}

Seems to work fine now.

really? this is weird because :NEEDS[Dimensions] shouldn't work :D

plus I cannot use a fixed number like 0.714

I need to change it using the resize value (I guess) I'll ask over at the RP thread

@Sigma88 Just wanted to say I appreciate your mod and have been using it for a while. However, I'm still having a nagging issue with the "Cannot warp faster than 1x while the ship is under acceleration" message while in low orbit. I'm using greywolf's settings for a 6.4k rescale. I'm able to physics warp in atmosphere during ascent, but as soon as I leave the atmosphere (~90km), I can no longer warp. It's not until approximately at 135km that the error goes away and I'm able to warp normally again. I looked back through some of the past discussion, and saw your comments about @inverseRotThresholdAltitude being a potential source of the issue. I edited lines 7-8 in "setDimentions.cfg" to read:

@timewarpAltitudeLimits,0[*, ] = 90000
            @inverseRotThresholdAltitude = 90000

That appears to have resolved the issue, but of course hard codes the values on all planets. My best guess is that the initial value for one or both of these is not the same as the atmosphere height, and thus are not scaling at the same ratio as the actual atmosphere. Also, for what it's worth, the exact height of the atmosphere with this rescale is 89,950m. While testing with the above edits, I found that the message appeared if I attempted to warp in that 50m gap. Hope this information helps, and I'm happy to provide whatever else you may need to resolve it. Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Napoleon440 said:

@Sigma88 Just wanted to say I appreciate your mod and have been using it for a while. However, I'm still having a nagging issue with the "Cannot warp faster than 1x while the ship is under acceleration" message while in low orbit. I'm using greywolf's settings for a 6.4k rescale. I'm able to physics warp in atmosphere during ascent, but as soon as I leave the atmosphere (~90km), I can no longer warp. It's not until approximately at 135km that the error goes away and I'm able to warp normally again. I looked back through some of the past discussion, and saw your comments about @inverseRotThresholdAltitude being a potential source of the issue. I edited lines 7-8 in "setDimentions.cfg" to read:

@timewarpAltitudeLimits,0[*, ] = 90000
            @inverseRotThresholdAltitude = 90000

That appears to have resolved the issue, but of course hard codes the values on all planets. My best guess is that the initial value for one or both of these is not the same as the atmosphere height, and thus are not scaling at the same ratio as the actual atmosphere. Also, for what it's worth, the exact height of the atmosphere with this rescale is 89,950m. While testing with the above edits, I found that the message appeared if I attempted to warp in that 50m gap. Hope this information helps, and I'm happy to provide whatever else you may need to resolve it. Thanks!

yeah I never understood why exactly that was a problem, since in stock the atmosphere altitude is 70k and the inverseRotThreshold is 100k

I will try to test the issue and see if I can find a solution :wink: