I made some (more) airplanes.

These are things I made to test the new aircraft parts and stuff. I am not the best plane-maker in KSP, but I had fun with them, and maybe some of you will, too. 

First, there's the T-9 Lesson trainer. 
vBP5qq8.png 
It's a tiny little jet that handles slowly but smoothly, and is fun to poke around with. 
O6giQ5X.png 

This is the T-10 Dust Devil. 
cLldjAY.png 
It's even slower, but even more nimble than the T-9. Rolls kinda sluggishly, though. I don't understand why. But still fun to play with. 
wRXUQM8.png 
Craft: http://www./download/o6g4tbc58gt87m4/T-10b_Dust_Devil.craft

I made the I-2 Swift to be a quick-climbing interceptor, but it turned out to be pretty maneuverable as well. 
bTu3EAA.png 
F0YSAnh.png 
Goes from parked to airborne in 3 seconds, does 800m/s at wavetop altitude, reaches 20,000m in about 1:20. 

To try out the other new engine, I made a low-altitude, high-manueverability fighter in the F-17 Kestrel. 
2lpOTov.png 
It looks kinda funny, but is fun to hug the curves of the mountains west of KSC at high speed. 
a9GNNNz.png 
Also, it can hover and even back-up slightly while the thrust reversers are engaged. In this pic, it is actually climbing. 
rCfMmcO.png 

To look at the new engine animations, I made a plane inspired by the SR-71, though not an attempt at a replica. 
1TanGB1.png 
The SR-8 Shooting Star mostly just looks pretty and goes fast. 
jNjEGWm.png 
f4WfYBC.png 
Cruises at about 1300m/s at 20,000m. 

On the subject of going fast and looking pretty, this is also a non-replica imitator of the B-58: the B-5 Trespasser. 
wssb8tT.png 
It's made to go fast at low altitude, but is pretty fast higher up as well. It carries a couple of pretend-bombs, but to be honest, they don't work very well and tend to hit the bomb bay on their way out. Still, I like the way the plane looks. :)
jMpgI7h.png
GKd4Sgq.png 

I hope somebody enjoys them. 

Edited by Vanamonde
Obsolete links removed.

...you can clip multiple ailerons inside of each other and they all work. 

Perhaps so, but I'm still mystified as to why it's happening in the first place. :)

Do you have any more planes to present? 

A couple that aren't really ready to share yet, but thank you for encouraging me. I will share when/if I feel they're ready to be seen by other people. 

Thanks for the compliments, people. :) 

Thanks for sharing Vanamonde. There are some lovely looking aircraft you have!

Try removing the two upswept ends on the top wing, see if that helps the roll. That or just add surfaces to the very edge of each wing. It could also be a center of mass/Lift issue. Hard to say without flying it.

Edited by Majorjim

24 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

Thanks for sharing Vanamonde. There are some lovely looking aircraft you have!

Try removing the two upswept ends on the top wing, see if that helps the roll. That or just add surfaces to the very edge of each wing. It could also be a center of mass/Lift issue. Hard to say without flying it.

Could not have said it better myself. As Majorjim said, its probably because your roll control is pivoting close to the center of mass of the plane rather than the farthest away from it :)

Edited by ghostbuzzer7

Just now, Vanamonde said:

The wingtips were a late addition, and it had the slow-roll problem before that. In fact, I added those to make mounting space for additional ailerons. :D

Ok good that's one possibility eliminated. now post a piccy of the col/com.

Due to (semi-)popular demand, here are a couple more planes I made. 

The T-11 Nieselregenvogel was intended to resemble the Me-262, 
WRRhEz2.png

but turned out to be just a silly little plane that cuts ridiculously tight circles. It's underpowered and comes close to stalling, which I find kind of a fun challenge to fly. 

The F-20 Cursorial 
9WV6lGL.png  

was a happy accident. I was just playing with aircraft layouts and ended up with something that has a 2 second takeoff roll out, can do 850m/s at wavetop height but can also stay in the air at 43m/s, and is quite nimble. It's actually a bit squirrely a low speeds and fine maneuvers, but still turns well at high speeds. Action 1 toggles the afterburner. 

Edited by Vanamonde

On 03/12/2015, 23:33:09, Vanamonde said:

they don't work very well and tend to hit the bombay on their way out.

That is Quito bad. The Bombay shouldn't get hit or the plane might Berne really badly. On the other hand, Wien it Bernes, the explosion would be really Nice. But there is a chance that the pilot would manage to Bali out of the plane. However, thousands of dollars would be wasted, so the pilot wouldn't want to Toky-obout it.

Yeeeeeaaaah, apply ice to Berne...

I am astonishingly bad at puns.

Edited by 073198681
The city of Bombay is not as similar to a bomb bay as imagined...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.