The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

9 hours ago, Buzz light fear said:

The way you set up your story is very well done and is just as interesting to read as the Jules Verne books I have been reading especially the book from the earth to the moon maybe have Emiko read that book so she gets the idea that we are silly for thinking to shoot a man to the moon in a cannon. :P:prograde:

I get the feeling we're going to ascribe meaning to these new symbols. They'll become our own esolang.

Hey everyone, things here at home are really screwed up, and it's impossible to get much of anything done. So I'm not going to be able to do anything new until next week. Sorry, but there's just nothing I can do about it.

But between now and then, I have a question for y'all.

For the next few chapters I have two options. I can switch between the present KASA and Emiko's backstory, which could get a little confusing, but have the possibility for longer and better cliffhangers. Or just focus on Emiko's backstory and get it over with, then go back to the present? This might be easier and less confusing.

I have no problem doing it either way, but honestly, I'm having a hard time deciding, so I'm open to opinions.  

Edited by Just Jim

2 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

Depends, how long is the backstory? 2-3 chapters?

I've got a fun little adventure in store for Emiko and Chibi, and a way to make it fit into the over all Saga quite nicely, so I'm thinking at least 5-6 fairly long ones.

49 minutes ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Wait a sec, has that link to the index been at the end of every chapter all the time or have u just started putting that in there, @Just Jim?

Btw, greetings from the Certified Marina in Connelly, NY!

The "Return to Index" links are fairly recent. I added them a few chapters back to make navigating around a little easier.

And if my feeble memory serves, weren't you in Germany? If so, then welcome to the states.

@Just JimI vote for finishing Emikos backstory just to get it out of the way. And also, did the thing on dres ever get explained or am I missing something?

Spoiler

I feel like starting my own story, but I'm not a very "impressive" KSP player, and all that time... ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG! (Maybe something with my mechs?)

Edited by The solid fuel chemist

22 hours ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

@Just JimI vote for finishing Emikos backstory just to get it out of the way. And also, did the thing on dres ever get explained or am I missing something?

Reveal hidden contents

I feel like starting my own story, but I'm not a very "impressive" KSP player, and all that time... ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG! (Maybe something with my mechs?)

I think I might just finish the backstory. It would be easier, and also kill some time until version 1.2 is officially released. 

As for Dres, no, I haven't gotten into detail yet. The last we knew, Thompberry seemed really worried about the sudden appearance of the Dres-deroids, but didn't really have a chance to explain why yet.

But if you put all the clues I've dropped together...  :wink:

Hey everyone, the madness of the last several weeks is finally over!!!
I can't really talk about it on here, it's not appropriate. But the problem is gone, and life is slowly returning to normal. 

Enough of that... October is already upon us, and Halloween will soon be here... and I am a huge fan!
So lets have some fun.
To celebrate, the next couple chapters of Emiko's backstory will include the following:

A Mad Scientist
A Witch
A teenage Werewolf
Possibly a Vampire...
And because y'all seem to love them so much... Zombies!  Lots of Zombies....

And the best part, it all fits into the plot!  

Finally, as an added special bonus, I would like to introduce you all to the next player in the Emiko Saga: Maria

Spoiler

E8LtSXG.png

Edited by Just Jim

Well, today was great, and I got a lot of screenshots for the next chapter done. Hopefully I'll get the rest finished tomorrow, depending on the weather... again. Hurricane Matthew is supposed to hit the other side of the state in the next couple days, and my brother and his family are evac-ing over here tomorrow. We're not supposed to get hit here directly, but we'll still most likely get feeder bands, so the next few days could get iffy, but shouldn't be too bad.

And because today went so well, and I'm in a really good mood... lol... here's another teaser screenshot:

Spoiler

yUVZ3LC.png

On 10/3/2016 at 10:41 AM, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

I didn't do it!  Oh wait, never mind. :) 

Didn't do what? Show up in my next chapter?

I don't know... I may have a green lab coat and glasses... and you may have just jinxed yourself... lol...  :P

I DID IT! I finally caught up on all 67 chapters of this thing. Whew.

Since you've indicated that you're concerned about spelling, allow me to take the liberty of pointing out some of the mistakes you've been letting slide most often:
- "It's" is a contraction of "it is;" for "something that belongs to it" you're supposed to use "its." Yes, it seems backwards, but that's how our crazy language works xP
- A hanger is something that hangs things. Where planes are stored is a hangar. Think about the "ar" at the end being like the "ar" in "airplane" ...actually never mind, that mnemonic's dumb.
- Breath is the thing you exhale when you breathe.
I recall there being a few more but I forgot what they were. I'll mention it if I start seeing another one pop up frequently :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.