Has the Mun Or Bust title screen been removed?

nosirrbro

2 hours ago, nosirrbro said:

I dont have Kopernicus, and for the past update or two (Im pretty sure it started in 1.0, but Im not 100%), I havent seen it a single time when exiting from the space center or booting it up alike.

I've seen it plenty of times. It might just be something with your gamefile... maybe you might need to reinstall.

9 hours ago, Der Anfang said:

I've seen it plenty of times. It might just be something with your gamefile... maybe you might need to reinstall.

Well, it's probably not worth having to deal with a reinstall of all my mods and a new game download  just for the other total screen :P

1 hour ago, nosirrbro said:

Well, it's probably not worth having to deal with a reinstall of all my mods and a new game download  just for the other total screen :P

You could just copy your game data folder, and your saves... put them in a safe place and just reinstall the game, then put your files back in the new install.

37 minutes ago, Der Anfang said:

You could just copy your game data folder, and your saves... put them in a safe place and just reinstall the game, then put your files back in the new install.

Well, given my dysmal internet speeds it would probably take about a day to get a new KSP folder, and it's not quite worth that :P

It used to be that Mun or Bust was the main title screen, and EVA Kerbals was the one when you went back to the main menu.

They switched it in 1.0 (presumably to highlight Val's addition to the EVA Kerbals).  Otherwise it's always been consistent for me - EVA Kerbals on startup, Mun or Bust any time after that.

What I would really like is for @blizzy78 to bring back Mun Hoax.  It used to be when I was doing mod development and having to restart KSP a dozen times that I would take seeing that startup screen as a sign of good luck and that whatever I was trying to fix would work that time. :sticktongue:

EDIT: I said sarbian thinking Module Manager, but it was toolbar that had that easter egg....

Edited by nightingale

I stopped seeing "Mun or Bust" in 1.0.4, but have seen it again (and even the sand castle, once) once I installed 1.0.5.  I had guessed that one of the mods might have been the culprit; and I did have Kopernicus installed with 1.0.4 but did not reinstall it with the new version (though I reinstalled nearly all the other mods I had), so that's consistent with Kopernicus being a possible cause.  (But I'm not programmer enough to do more than note the correlation.)

3 hours ago, Der Anfang said:

This is also a very smart idea for anyone who wants to keep 1.0.5 around when 1.1 ships.  KSP doesn't care where it's launched from as long as all assets are in the same directory tree as the executable.  Nor is it a very large game, so it's easy to keep a backup copy in another folder or 7Zip file.

I have Kopernicus, and my Mun or Bust screen is working fine (with EVE clouds around Kerbin in the background too). It appears when I go back to the title screen after leaving a save. I didn't see it much in 1.0.4, though.

Edit: Today I didn't see it. I do remember seeing it recently, though. Strange.

Edited by LaytheDragon

• 3 years later...
6 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

For some reason, for me it's always the Kerbin title screen when you first load the game, and then it's the Mun or Bust screen until you close it.

For me, it's just always the Kerbin one.

6 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

I saw it twice yesterday. Shrug. 

Good for you, I haven't.

On 12/18/2015 at 12:42 PM, nightingale said:

They switched it in 1.0 (presumably to highlight Val's addition to the EVA Kerbals).  Otherwise it's always been consistent for me - EVA Kerbals on startup, Mun or Bust any time after that.

I find this to be true. Any chance, @TriggeredSnake , that you don't exit the game via menus and instead alt-f4 from a safe-but-in-game state? Nothing wrong with that, of course. I do it most the time too. but it would keep you from seeing any screen but the Kerbals in orbit one.

Anyway as nobody has actually posted it...

mun-or-bust.jpg

This at last answers the OP's question. From 3.5 years ago. :D

Edited by 5thHorseman

With stock, I see Kerbin on first load, the "MÜN or BUST" crashed capsule when returning to that screen,
but with Kopernicus I see the home planet (Earth, with Real Solar System)  always
I suppose "Mün or Bust" would be inconsistent when we have loaded another solar system.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.