You Know You're A Nerd When:

cubinator

When you see a bunch of balloons tied together and think, "that's a P orbital".

When you imagine a vertical line from your phone to the ground to figure out how bad it would be if you dropped it.

When you imagine orbit lines in the sky.

When you constantly remind yourself about all the stars surrounding you and think about how that pesky sky is only trying to hide it and you won't be fooled.

• 3 weeks later...

when you find a paradox in E=Mc2

Energy=matter twice the speed of light

E=energy

M=matter

C=constant, like the speed of light, its consistent

2= twice

so energy is twice the speed of light? right? wrong.

nothing can go faster then light, not even light, but light is energy, so light goes twice the speed of light, which can't happen, so you have a spiraling paradox where the speed of light constantly gets multiplied by two, it won't ever end, it just will keep going on and on and on.

did i break physics?

3 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

E=energy

M=matter

2= twice

TRIGGERED

You know you're a nerd when you need to tell some it's squared not two.

Edited by TrainEngie

10 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

E=energy

M=matter

2= twice

so energy is twice the speed of light? right? wrong.

nothing can go faster then light, not even light, but light is energy, so light goes twice the speed of light, which can't happen, so you have a spiraling paradox where the speed of light constantly gets multiplied by two, it won't ever end, it just will keep going on and on and on.

did i break physics?

E=mc^2=mcc

Energy is not the same as speed, something can have a very high energy but it will never travel at c unless it has no mass.

When your physics teacher tells you to stop answering all the questions she asks.

When you discover a paradox like this one, I call it, Decision Paradox:

You need to go and buy glue to the store, you can go either Today (Friday) or Tomorrow (Saturday).

You think that if you go tomorrow, there is going to be too many people, so you decide to go today, but what if everyone though the same? It would mean everyone or most people would go today, so you decide to go tomorrow, but if everyone thought the same and everyone goes tomorrow, so you think about that and decide to go today, and if everyone thought that?...

Another case would be with a game:

Your opponent knows you are playing rock for next move, so he will do paper, if you know he is doing paper then you choose scissors, if he knows you are choosing scissors because he knows you know that he is going to do paper because he knows you are doing rock... he would do rock, so you would do paper, he would do scissors, you would do rock........

When you know F=ma (Force = mass(kg)*acceleration(m/s^2),) and that a Newton(N) = kg*m/s^2 (The force necessary to accelearate a 1kg object at a rate of 1m/s^2(1m/s faster each second, also written as 1m/s/s.))

Edited by Q-ver KSP
Adding more reasons.

8 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Planetes Disc 1, MSi RX 480 8GB box , off-picture are PNY 480GB SSD, CRYORIG H7, and the Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard boxes; 3D print of a plane I made in KSP, a LEGO car I made, Dark Side of the Moon, and of course my PC.

Your desk is so neat and devoid of twisty puzzles!

ZqFYvlXh.jpg

From left to right, you'll notice Lego Minecraft, a tiny quadcopter, cables, two Mini Museums, a 3D printed Möbius strip, hypercube, comet 67P, X-Wing, and TIE fighter, some bags, a sonic screwdriver, a model Saturn V, some drawings, some cube lubricant, more twisty puzzles than any sane person/mere mortal would touch in their life, a pen, a piece of iron pyrite, a microscope, and a lot of random books. Just above all that on a shelf is some old twisty puzzles, a Newton's cradle, a model Apollo CSM and LEM and Space Shuttle, a portion of a wasp nest, a dead cicada, a seashell, and a dead bumblebee. And more books. And also a set of microscope slides with interesting things in them.

18 minutes ago, maceemiller said:

...when I'm 43 years of age and cannot walk up to automatic opening doors and use the force.....drives my wife crazy at me :wink:

I can't wait 'till somebody connects some electrodes to a VR headset and makes it so you can actually move things with your mind.