You Know You're A Nerd When:

cubinator

When you spend hours encoding the best .bat file you can in a .lnk (that's L N K not I N K) which have limited character size in the target. No joke. I made this when our school blocked .bat files and it got even better when they 'blocked' cmd. Basically you can't type in commands to cmd, but .bat files are blocked. Thus I use .lnks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Like in Ancient Rome women were named after their father's surname and autoincrement numbers in order of appearance (Julia Prima, Julia Secunda, Julia Tertia),
a true nerd may name daughters like: Julia Protia, Julia Deuteria, Julia Tritia. The youngest one also - Julia Proxima, the eldest - Julia Maxima.

Also, what's bad in the name Fluorina?

Edited by kerbiloid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

When you consciously and subconsciously embrace etymology behind the slang word and are okay with being  seen as an overly obsessive who spends an inordinate amount of time in, among other things,  a technical space flight simulation video game with realistic orbital physics to the exclusion of more mainstream activities while worrying about both transfer orbits and mythical Nordic sea monsters in the same train of thought. 

When you can see a crane on a trailer and within seconds recognize the brand, type, and model (True story. Well, not the exact model, but I could easily recognize that it was a Tadano rough terrain crane. Tadano is a Japanese brand of crane; I like them. Obviously not as much as I like Liebherr, but Tadano isn't bad.)

Yep, I'm a crane nerd. No, I don't know much about the bird.

you can critize a video game rocket engine for being over expanded by looking at the plume

On 7/15/2021 at 9:00 AM, ColdJ said:

When you actually know how to get the forum search engine to bring up what you are actually looking for.

teach me your ways

10 hours ago, peridoot said:

you can critize a video game rocket engine for being over expanded by looking at the plume

teach me your ways

Didn't say I could do it, just said a real nerd might :) I can sometimes get it to work if I put 100 negative variables in.