You Know You're A Nerd When:

cubinator

When you watch Avengers: Infinity War and see the part with the "neutron star" and started saying things like "That's a neutron star?!? Why do all these movies always say 'neutron star' just to sound cooler or something?!?" "No! Neutron stars don't die, they're already dead!!!" "No! A space station can't orbit that thing!!! The gravity is too strong!!!" "NOOOOOOO!!! NEUTRON STARS DON'T JUST IGNITE AND BURN LIKE A REGULAR STAR!!! THEY'RE GOD DANG DEAD ALREADY OH MY GOD I CANNOT TAKE THIS!!!"

And then you start judging the station design. "Are you telling me all these people put this much effort into building a ring-shaped space station and didn't spin it up to generate centrifugal force for gravity? You may as well just make a dinky modular one then!"

41 minutes ago, TwoCalories said:

When you watch Avengers: Infinity War and see the part with the "neutron star" and started saying things like "That's a neutron star?!? Why do all these movies always say 'neutron star' just to sound cooler or something?!?" "No! Neutron stars don't die, they're already dead!!!" "No! A space station can't orbit that thing!!! The gravity is too strong!!!" "NOOOOOOO!!! NEUTRON STARS DON'T JUST IGNITE AND BURN LIKE A REGULAR STAR!!! THEY'RE GOD DANG DEAD ALREADY OH MY GOD I CANNOT TAKE THIS!!!"

And then you start judging the station design. "Are you telling me all these people put this much effort into building a ring-shaped space station and didn't spin it up to generate centrifugal force for gravity? You may as well just make a dinky modular one then!"

The "tesseract" in the sequel does, amazingly, actually behave like a tesseract in a scene or two.

When you watch Interstellar and when it gets to the part where they're orbiting Saturn, you think, "how is the crew not dying from the extreme radiation? It's said in that same scene that the Endurance's hull is only a few millimeters of aluminum, which is completely insufficient for the extreme radiation effects," rather than questioning the other more prominent inaccuracies of the movie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...