Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

I've made another executive decision. Due to recurring absences over and over, I plan to indefinitely delay the upcoming manned launch. However I will set group Go/NoGos on the 2nd and last week of every month until we have a date set.

Until then, I have smaller projects I would like to work on. The list of things for us to do is all of the following:

• Design an autonomous recoverable booster
  • Design and test a large rover (probe)
  • Design a probe which can dock to a target autonomously
  • Perform a static test firing of our largest vehicle
  • Design an air-launched space plane (something like this)
  • Drop tests of a manned lunar landing vehicle
  • Design and perform Approach and Landing Tests (ALTs) of a manned/unmanned reusable spaceplane vehicle (possibly the same one from bullet 5?)

All of these projects can be completed with a smaller mission control team.

So let me know what we want to do in the meantime, and we will do a mass Go/NoGo poll on 4/15.

43 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Note, Elad has dropped out of the program.

Got it.

2 hours ago, Cooboo said:

Hey its cooboo and im Guido this launch!

You already have all my stuff and im on the skype chat

You can edit the doc, right?

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I've made another executive decision. Due to recurring absences over and over, I plan to indefinitely delay the upcoming manned launch. However I will set group Go/NoGos on the 2nd and last week of every month until we have a date set.

Until then, I have smaller projects I would like to work on. The list of things for us to do is all of the following:

• Design an autonomous recoverable booster
  • Design and test a large rover (probe)
  • Design a probe which can dock to a target autonomously
  • Perform a static test firing of our largest vehicle
  • Design an air-launched space plane (something like this)
  • Drop tests of a manned lunar landing vehicle
  • Design and perform Approach and Landing Tests (ALTs) of a manned/unmanned reusable spaceplane vehicle (possibly the same one from bullet 5?)

All of these projects can be completed with a smaller mission control team.

So let me know what we want to do in the meantime, and we will do a mass Go/NoGo poll on 4/15.

I think I have the answer for some of these. For the recoverable booster, check out what SpaceX is doing. For the large rover, Curiosity is the largest rover that we have sent to another celestial body. For a probe that can dock autonomously, you might want to just slap a mechjeb onto the Agena Target Vehicle from the Gemini days.

Just my suggestions.

8 minutes ago, MRMCNUGGET said:

I think I have the answer for some of these. For the recoverable booster, check out what SpaceX is doing. For the large rover, Curiosity is the largest rover that we have sent to another celestial body. For a probe that can dock autonomously, you might want to just slap a mechjeb onto the Agena Target Vehicle from the Gemini days.

Just my suggestions.

These are ideas for us to do in RSP. Some of these suggestions are based on real world projects, but that doesn't mean we have to follow them 100%. We can do whatever works best for us. I want you to decide, what should we work on from that list I provided.

35 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

These are ideas for us to do in RSP. Some of these suggestions are based on real world projects, but that doesn't mean we have to follow them 100%. We can do whatever works best for us. I want you to decide, what should we work on from that list I provided.

Well the recoverable booster is awesome,but im not a large role so,it doesent matter to me.

35 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

During these projects, roles can be shifted as not all of them will be needed. So there's no finite answer so far.

oh,okay,thats cool

My vote is then definatly on the Booster Recovery.

May i sugest that we do a poll for whos in on the project and then make a new dedicated skype chat,the current one is getting realy crowded,and a mission specific chat would be great

15 minutes ago, agent 902 said:

oh,okay,thats cool

My vote is then definatly on the Booster Recovery.

May i sugest that we do a poll for whos in on the project and then make a new dedicated skype chat,the current one is getting realy crowded,and a mission specific chat would be great

I'll think on it.

Was there supposed to be a craft called Scorpius(something)-02 orbiting Earth with a person in it? I deorbited it because I wanted to see that it worked and a lot of stuff exploded on reentry. The capsule survived and I got it to the sea somewhere east-northeast of Papua New Guinea. Retro pack turned on over the Arafura Sea. Just testing it. After that, gonna reload the folder entirely (revert to how I downloaded it with the mods as a folder) and see how far I can get a seaplane from Canaveral.

Anyhow. What are we working on now?

Edited by Findthepin1

5 hours ago, Joeythompson31 said:

hey do you guys still need people? id really like to join in and help out

Yes, at the moment we would be better off with more people. What role are you able to do? They're listed on the OP. 

Edited by Findthepin1

If you're not on this list, and involved in this project, reply to this post and tell me your role, and whether you can edit the scheduling doc!

1 minute ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

If you're not on this list, and involved in this project, reply to this post and tell me your role, and whether you can edit the scheduling doc!

Mods_O_Joy is still participating, so please re-add him to the document.

Just now, Findthepin1 said:

The thread has been moved to the Lounge. 

The lounge has been switched with general discussion.  Happy April fools.

4 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Hey,im not on the list,im LOD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.