[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

11 minutes ago, Taco Salad said:

Weird, I'm not seeing them?

Added 5m station modules · benjee10/HabTech2@fb32f34 · GitHub

Added 2 months ago. 

Are you downloading the master or the release? 

GitHub - benjee10/HabTech2: ISS-inspired space station parts for KSP.

Click Green "< > Code" button.

Download zip.

Then in KSP Search "Habtech"

Then scroll down a little and you'll see them under the ISS modules.

xJMt3m6.png

1 hour ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

What command pod are you using for the spacecraft with the gold foil? It's not one I've seen around, but it looks good.

Recoverable H-II (HTV) Pod concept from the HTV mod. 

Hey there, thanks for making this great mod! It's fitting in great into my career playthrough.

I did encounter a confusing issue with the AMS, MCE and SEDA science parts where I couldn't seem to get them to operate in low Kerbin orbit. [x] Science! would show the experiments as available, but trying to run them would only result in a message saying "<experiment> can't be done right now."

After poking around a bit in the part and experiment definitions I found that removing the lines "requireAtmosphere = False" and "requireNoAtmosphere = True" from the experiment definitions for these 3 experiments seemed to get them to work as expected. No idea why this is the case, it doesn't seem to make logical sense to me, but maybe there is a buggy interaction going on when both these values are present, or maybe it's to do with the space low & space high restrictions coming from "situationMask = 48".

So far I haven't run into any downsides from my edits, such as being able to run the experiments in atmosphere or landed etc.

Here's a little ModuleManager patch that does the same thing, for anyone who prefers not to directly edit mod config files:

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#id[AMS]]:NEEDS[HabTech2]:FINAL
{
	!requireAtmosphere = dummy	
	!requireNoAtmosphere = dummy
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#id[MCE]]:NEEDS[HabTech2]:FINAL
{
}

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#id[SEDA]]:NEEDS[HabTech2]:FINAL
{
}

Anyone else having issues with the elbow servo joint? In the VAB I can set its angle correctly and lock it, but on launch it turns into a wound up spring. Unlocking the joint causes it to extend at max speed and usually breaking itself and other parts in the process. Unlocking it causes the whole vessel to explode.  

Pictured here the elbow joint being weird.
image.png?ex=667105d4&is=666fb454&hm=731

I can provide logs if need be

49 minutes ago, Taco Salad said:

Anyone else having issues with the elbow servo joint? In the VAB I can set its angle correctly and lock it, but on launch it turns into a wound up spring. Unlocking the joint causes it to extend at max speed and usually breaking itself and other parts in the process. Unlocking it causes the whole vessel to explode.  

Robotics are glitchy to begin with.

A common problem is setting the autostrut. If it's set to heaviest part, it won't work or move. Grandparent has worked for me, but the best autostrut setting to use is off.

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Robotics are glitchy to begin with.

A common problem is setting the autostrut. If it's set to heaviest part, it won't work or move. Grandparent has worked for me, but the best autostrut setting to use is off.

None of them are autostrutted, made sure of this. The weird part is, when it does snap straight, it holds there for a while and then slowly rotates back into position, so I'm thinking it's trying to point -180 degrees going in the wrong direction.

38 minutes ago, Taco Salad said:

None of them are autostrutted, made sure of this. The weird part is, when it does snap straight, it holds there for a while and then slowly rotates back into position, so I'm thinking it's trying to point -180 degrees going in the wrong direction.

Hmmm. Have you downloaded the latest Robotics Next? And do you have Community Fixes installed as well?

-----------

Added a second Apollo and Crew to Freedom.

gKJdxCP.png 

7 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Hmmm. Have you downloaded the latest Robotics Next? And do you have Community Fixes installed as well?

-----------

Added a second Apollo and Crew to Freedom.

gKJdxCP.png 

If you mean infernal robotics next, no. I do have community fixes though.

8 minutes ago, Taco Salad said:

If you mean infernal robotics next, no. I do have community fixes though.

Download the latest IR Next. I know it fixed some bugs that HTrobotics was having. 

7 hours ago, Taco Salad said:

I had a similar weird issue with the same part. In the VAB it seems to rotate instead of bend...

4 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Download the latest IR Next. I know it fixed some bugs that HTrobotics was having. 

I'm using BG robotics, can I install IR alongside it or would you recommend I just use IR on its own? Or is BG fine...

3 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

I had a similar weird issue with the same part. In the VAB it seems to rotate instead of bend...

I'm using BG robotics, can I install IR alongside it or would you recommend I just use IR on its own? Or is BG fine...

Breaking ground and IR robotics are compatible with each other. I would recommend using both. I believe HTrobotics is designed to work with IRN, but don't quote me. 

Kibo and Aardvark dock with Freedom, completing the station!

cuH4RKk.png

HDNvShb.png

7 hours ago, Taco Salad said:

Make sure you are running the latest version of htRobotics (here:https://github.com/benjee10/htRobotics/releases/tag/v1.0.1) and see if the issue persists - I made some changes to the Canadarm elbow join recently as the part was setup incorrectly. Also make sure that you are testing a new instance of the part (i.e. grabbed from the part picker in the VAB, rather than one on an existing vessel/craft file). If that doesn't solve it I will take a look further.

21 hours ago, Electrosynthesis said:

Hey there, thanks for making this great mod! It's fitting in great into my career playthrough.

I did encounter a confusing issue with the AMS, MCE and SEDA science parts where I couldn't seem to get them to operate in low Kerbin orbit. [x] Science! would show the experiments as available, but trying to run them would only result in a message saying "<experiment> can't be done right now."

Thanks for catching this - I am planning a science/career overhaul for the next update so I'll likely be completely changing these experiments anyway. 

I've been slowly chipping away at getting the new hatches added. So far all 3.75m and 5m parts have been converted, as well as a couple of the 2.5m parts & airlocks:

TFcwZfa.jpeg

vx2FkcV.png

Tl5BPps.pngcc0hylA.png

These can be grabbed from the GitHub. 

You'll also notice that all 2.5m parts now have integrated trunnion pins as a variant, with four different styles to choose from. You'll need to update Benjee10_SharedAssets via the GitHub repo for this to work.

pkocT6R.png

On 6/17/2024 at 2:52 PM, benjee10 said:

Make sure you are running the latest version of htRobotics (here:https://github.com/benjee10/htRobotics/releases/tag/v1.0.1) and see if the issue persists - I made some changes to the Canadarm elbow join recently as the part was setup incorrectly. Also make sure that you are testing a new instance of the part (i.e. grabbed from the part picker in the VAB, rather than one on an existing vessel/craft file). If that doesn't solve it I will take a look further.

Thanks for catching this - I am planning a science/career overhaul for the next update so I'll likely be completely changing these experiments anyway. 

I've been slowly chipping away at getting the new hatches added. So far all 3.75m and 5m parts have been converted, as well as a couple of the 2.5m parts & airlocks:

TFcwZfa.jpeg

vx2FkcV.png

Tl5BPps.pngcc0hylA.png

These can be grabbed from the GitHub. 

You'll also notice that all 2.5m parts now have integrated trunnion pins as a variant, with four different styles to choose from. You'll need to update Benjee10_SharedAssets via the GitHub repo for this to work.

pkocT6R.png

I'm loving the new look, thank you. Though you may want to take a look at the harmony 1.25m endcaps as they're a bit pushed in right now.

Edit, also Columbus's endcaps stick too far out. I hope you don't mind me reportimg this here as I haven't figured out GitHub bug reports yet.

Edited by ArgentBlue

4 hours ago, ArgentBlue said:

I'm loving the new look, thank you. Though you may want to take a look at the harmony 1.25m endcaps as they're a bit pushed in right now.

Edit, also Columbus's endcaps stick too far out. I hope you don't mind me reportimg this here as I haven't figured out GitHub bug reports yet.

Do you definitely have the latest version? I made quite a few commits yesterday evening and thought this was fixed, but let me know if it persists (it's seems fine on my install).

All parts except the in-progress SCRAM capsule are now using the new hatches:

q1BZKR8.png

Also bumped up the normals on the spherical node to bring it more in line with the other parts:

JVqXj15.pngOiDpz6t.png

3 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

@benjee10Is there any chance of adding a cargo variant for the multipurpose tank assembly, so it can be used to store stuff? Or a dedicated external cargo part?

Yes, I've been thinking about improving the model on the airlock EVA toolbox and also separating that into a cargo part. Like this:

BccacPX.png