[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

This'll probably be the hardest station to build yet. I've been planning it for about 2 days, and gone through multiple iterations of design.

I wonder why that sounds so familiar..

efaqpq1.png

Edited by Unbreakify

On 1/12/2024 at 10:03 AM, hugoraider said:

Hey, would it be possible to have this craft file? The one in your fork is different and... slightly bugged :blush:.

I second this.

• 3 weeks later...

I play RO with RP1 not installed so I have most of the HabTech parts. The ones I really would like are the truss and truss with solar..etc but unfortunately they won't show. 

Anyone had any luck getting it to work in RO?

On 2/5/2024 at 3:40 PM, revrengary said:

I play RO with RP1 not installed so I have most of the HabTech parts. The ones I really would like are the truss and truss with solar..etc but unfortunately they won't show. 

Anyone had any luck getting it to work in RO?

Nope, the RO people handle the configs, go ask them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm having a problem where some parts completely disappear from the editor (not the part list) after placement and i can't place stuff or move parts and nothing works so i have to make a new craft. I don't remember which ones, though. I think it's the 6 sided ones except for the Unity module.

1 hour ago, KerbalTechnician said:

Hi! I'm having a problem where some parts completely disappear from the editor (not the part list) after placement and i can't place stuff or move parts and nothing works so i have to make a new craft. I don't remember which ones, though. I think it's the 6 sided ones except for the Unity module.

could you send the ksp.log file in your KSP directory 

you Zip the file up then upload it to an file sharing service then you post the link here and im sure someone will help you out 

19 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

could you send the ksp.log file in your KSP directory 

you Zip the file up then upload it to an file sharing service then you post the link here and im sure someone will help you out 

Wait, where? I can't find it. Im using GOG btw

Hiya guys. So I've been having a docking problem for at least two weeks now, tried around a hundred methods to solve it, none did and I'm on the verge of going insane, because I can't progress with building the iSS.

So currently I'm adding the P3/P4 trusses and solar panels, and for the love of god the half-hexagonal connectors (T-400 Truss Connection Mechanism (Integrated Type A) just don't want to dock/connect anymore. All went smoothly when adding the P1 and S1 Trusses to the main S0 truss, t docked perfectly without problem, but for some reason I can't progress any further, because no more trusses would connect. All other ports for ships and the shuttle work like the C-100, C-150 and the C-200, but the T-400 connectors don't work anymore. I've been moving these parts to their places with little grabber drones, and I haven't changed docking type, added more mods, nor flipped around the connectors. Also not even the magnetic thingy works when the connectors are close enough. It acts like they don't fit, or they are facing the wrongs way, but they just can't be facing the wrong way.

Any ideas are welcome, and literally loosing my mind.

On 2/18/2024 at 11:15 AM, Egri_komrade said:

Hiya guys. So I've been having a docking problem for at least two weeks now, tried around a hundred methods to solve it, none did and I'm on the verge of going insane, because I can't progress with building the iSS.

So currently I'm adding the P3/P4 trusses and solar panels, and for the love of god the half-hexagonal connectors (T-400 Truss Connection Mechanism (Integrated Type A) just don't want to dock/connect anymore. All went smoothly when adding the P1 and S1 Trusses to the main S0 truss, t docked perfectly without problem, but for some reason I can't progress any further, because no more trusses would connect. All other ports for ships and the shuttle work like the C-100, C-150 and the C-200, but the T-400 connectors don't work anymore. I've been moving these parts to their places with little grabber drones, and I haven't changed docking type, added more mods, nor flipped around the connectors. Also not even the magnetic thingy works when the connectors are close enough. It acts like they don't fit, or they are facing the wrongs way, but they just can't be facing the wrong way.

Any ideas are welcome, and literally loosing my mind.

This sounds very much like the classic error: docking port attached on the wrong side. With these docking ports in particular, it is very difficult to distinguish between the mounting side and the docking side.

hey btw I'm an idiot and messed up the truss nodes awhile ago. Believe I fixed them now(?). I'm gonna fix the Space Station Freedom craft files too since the truss is completely messed up.

On another note, I made another part for HabTech robotics

image.png?ex=65e0f5eb&is=65ce80eb&hm=d1d

Made another fork for it which you can download here

Also made some extra freedom truss parts. like a solar panel you can mount onto the truss itself. Don't have any photos of it sadly but you can find it on my fork still.

On 2/19/2024 at 5:32 PM, Cheesecake said:

This sounds very much like the classic error: docking port attached on the wrong side. With these docking ports in particular, it is very difficult to distinguish between the mounting side and the docking side.

I unfortunately haven't had the opportunity to test this out, I'm at uni with a weak laptop but I completely belive your solution. It sounds all so logical, and I'm baffled that I haven't thought of this yet.

However another problem arose since then, that I cannot connect the small round T-400 Type-C connectors for the solar panels. Those cannot be places in the wrong way, since they are round and have only one connecting point. The same goes for the "Mounted" (angled ones and compact ones too) truss connectors that are used for the ESP things.

On 2/19/2024 at 12:55 PM, Lil_Bread402 said:

hey btw I'm an idiot and messed up the truss nodes awhile ago. Believe I fixed them now(?). I'm gonna fix the Space Station Freedom craft files too since the truss is completely messed up.

On another note, I made another part for HabTech robotics

image.png?ex=65e0f5eb&is=65ce80eb&hm=d1d

Made another fork for it which you can download here

Also made some extra freedom truss parts. like a solar panel you can mount onto the truss itself. Don't have any photos of it sadly but you can find it on my fork still.

Is that supposed to be the OBSS? 

3 hours ago, Mynameis1241343215 said:

Every time I install the main file and the file for the Russian parts it doesn't let me spawn it unless i remove all but the Russian parts how do I fix it?

As mentioned in the OP, the Russian parts are supplied by the Tantares mod. The assembled craft files for the ISS will not load unless you have both HabTech and Tantares correctly installed.