[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

9 hours ago, Sampa said:

And, no luck with the normal APAS provided.  Continues to bounce off each other without docking

Could you post a screenshot of the craft you are trying to dock together? The APAS parts have been out for a while and no one else seems to have had this issue, so I wonder if it's a problem with a specific craft build. The fins on the APAS ports have colliders so it's possible if you have clipped the ports in in some way that they may be blocked from docking with each other. At the risk of stating the obvious they also have to be rolled 180 degrees relative to each other in order to dock or the fins will collide. 

6 hours ago, RiccRacc said:

are there any guides on how to build the ISS or Freedom Since the Update?

There are craft files included with the release. 

13 hours ago, CNF_EKEA said:

Hey, I'm unable to EVA from space station Freedom, is this a known issue? 

Most of the parts in this mod don't have EVA hatches - you will need to move the crew you want to EVA into the airlock module and EVA them from there.

Edited by benjee10

Alright, I can try that later today, after I get off work (I really need to just make two versions of my crafts given how often I have switched trying to get this working)  that might actually be my issue.

17 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Could you post a screenshot of the craft you are trying to dock together? The APAS parts have been out for a while and no one else seems to have had this issue, so I wonder if it's a problem with a specific craft build. The fins on the APAS ports have colliders so it's possible if you have clipped the ports in in some way that they may be blocked from docking with each other. At the risk of stating the obvious they also have to be rolled 180 degrees relative to each other in order to dock or the fins will collide. 

There are craft files included with the release. 

Most of the parts in this mod don't have EVA hatches - you will need to move the crew you want to EVA into the airlock module and EVA them from there.

is there a guide for if i actually want to BUILD the ISS or freedom, like piece by piece?

On 5/31/2023 at 3:54 AM, RiccRacc said:

is there a guide for if i actually want to BUILD the ISS or freedom, like piece by piece?

There isn't a guide for this mod specifically, but if you are interested in the Space Station Freedom assembly sequence there is a good document about it here: 

Paper Session III-B - Space Station On-Orbit Assembly and Operation (erau.edu)

This goes through each assembly flight for the '91 'Space Station Fred' configuration. 

14 hours ago, softweir said:

There is! Clicky Here.

Unfortunately this guide is outdated since the last update. 

21 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Dreadful.  You should fire the author.

I really should get around to updating that at some point.

Edited by Friznit

On 6/1/2023 at 3:52 AM, benjee10 said:

There isn't a guide for this mod specifically, but if you are interested in the Space Station Freedom assembly sequence there is a good document about it here: 

Paper Session III-B - Space Station On-Orbit Assembly and Operation (erau.edu)

This goes through each assembly flight for the '91 'Space Station Fred' configuration. 

I think the only challenge in fully replicating the assembly sequence is the lack of the Unpressurized Berthing Mechanism. The empty shell of the Habtech2 fuel module could probably work (albeit after some blender edits) with a tweakscaled robotic extender rod and tweakscaled docking port attached to htRobotics Shuttle RMS mount.

You can tell I've spent way too much time thinking about this.

Does final release 1.0.0 work with KSP v1.8.1? Or if there's a way to make it work, cause the loading bar stops but the rest of the screen still functions.

1.8.1 has alot of mods i love using that aren't supported/don't work in 1.12, plus... the black blank interior is a bit maddening of the version that does work lol

8 minutes ago, Alpha_Gametauri said:

Does final release 1.0.0 work with KSP v1.8.1? Or if there's a way to make it work, cause the loading bar stops but the rest of the screen still functions.

1.8.1 has alot of mods i love using that aren't supported/don't work in 1.12

This is where it freezesCapture4.PNG

Edited by Alpha_Gametauri

On 6/12/2023 at 7:49 PM, Lil_Bread402 said:

Thank a Ton! I think you'll love the next parts I'm making for habtech

screenshot145.png?width=1440&height=608

Eye Candy! Freedom is so beautiful in my opinion. Any plans to make the parts for a Dual Keel or Power Tower Freedom Config?

17 hours ago, Jim123 said:

Eye Candy! Freedom is so beautiful in my opinion. Any plans to make the parts for a Dual Keel or Power Tower Freedom Config?

screenshot164.png?width=405&height=676

there's going to be a "Space Station Freedom (1986) craft file too for anyone who wants dual keel. You'll have to greeble it yourself, but it'll have the modules, the keels, and the hangars

8 hours ago, Lil_Bread402 said:

there's going to be a "Space Station Freedom (1986) craft file too for anyone who wants dual keel. You'll have to greeble it yourself, but it'll have the modules, the keels, and the hangars

Beautiful!

On 6/16/2023 at 9:39 AM, Lil_Bread402 said:

Godsend, absolute godsend. Literally can't wait to try it out. And can't wait to make a Spacedock!

http://www.astronautix.com/s/spacedock.html