[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

3 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@AmpCat & @Neroziat i got an answer from the CKAN team, KPBS is currently unavailable because the two mods listed as dependency 'Community Resource Pack' and 'Community Category Kit' are both still listed with KSP 1.2.0 as max version. A bug in the latest version of CKAN causes a mod with such dependencies to disappear completely, even from the list of incompatible mods. So we either have to wait for a fix in CKAN or for updates of the two mentioned mods.

Ugh. I really wish the CKAN team would do a better job supporting mod versions and manual installs. CKAN makes it such a pain in the butt. Unfortunately, it still seems to be the best option to find, maintain and install mods. :P 

2 hours ago, AmpCat said:

Ugh. I really wish the CKAN team would do a better job supporting mod versions and manual installs. CKAN makes it such a pain in the butt. Unfortunately, it still seems to be the best option to find, maintain and install mods. :P 

I think its a very hard job for them to manage all that because many entries are not made by the original mod authors and contain errors. Also manual installs are difficult because every author has different folder structures and the version of the mod is not always recognisable for CKAN if it did not install the mod itself. 

I am not a fan of CKAN myself and the way they handle mods that don't want to be listed is unsupportive to say the least, but they still work hard to offer a good user experience :wink:

Edited by Nils277

14 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Hope so. A bug report is filed, lets see what happens :wink:

The texture is upside down because of a moment of derp, will be fixed in the next version. 

May want to do a sandbox look through. I noticed another one doing the same thing on one of the other tabs, but I forget which part it was. Would be around tech 3-4 which is where my game currently is.

Came by to see if the textures on the new fuel tank were noted, glad to see it's an easy fix so I may start to use it anyway.  Idea for switchable containers, check out Roverdude's Kontainers that ship with MKS, they can switch between several different resources, and have different labels for each one.

i found out the reason the mod isnt showing in ckan, "community resource pack" is set for version 1.2.0 https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/4919 

This will not appear on KSP 1.2.1 installations because one of its dependencies, Community Resource Pack, has not been updated for KSP 1.2.1 yet. RoverDude promised to have a new release out a few days ago, so hopefully, it won't be too long.

1 hour ago, Neroziat said:

i found out the reason the mod isnt showing in ckan, "community resource pack" is set for version 1.2.0 https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/4919 

Jep, i know :wink: Posted the answer a few posts back. Its the same for community category kit.

7 hours ago, mikerl said:

Came by to see if the textures on the new fuel tank were noted, glad to see it's an easy fix so I may start to use it anyway.  Idea for switchable containers, check out Roverdude's Kontainers that ship with MKS, they can switch between several different resources, and have different labels for each one.

I know, they use the fuel switch from firespitter. I will maybe add support for it in the future, or add a custom one :wink:

2 hours ago, oniontrain said:

SEP Just updated , should the wedge come up automatically now or has it be deprecated?

I have no idea if it shows automatically yet. Will let you know when i looked at its new release. I'm sure though, that the support needs to be updated to fully work with the new mechanics of SEP.

Edit: I don't think it will be necessary to deprecate the part. 

Edited by Nils277

On 13.11.2016 at 1:23 AM, Vorg said:

May want to do a sandbox look through. I noticed another one doing the same thing on one of the other tabs, but I forget which part it was. Would be around tech 3-4 which is where my game currently is.

Do you have an idea what part that might be? E.g. are you using a Life Support mod? I have not found another buggy texture other than the one on the small fueltank.

19 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Do you have an idea what part that might be? E.g. are you using a Life Support mod? I have not found another buggy texture other than the one on the small fueltank.

The USI recycler texture is also wonky

39 minutes ago, Rodger said:

The USI recycler texture is also wonky

You are right, thanks, will fix that.

As a note on the for the PartMounts for KIS for the containers: I don't think this will work the way i thought. I made a patch for all racks with all containers (the biggest patch i ever made with 1227 lines). The containers attach right for one side, but not for the other because KSP places the nodes upside down when they defined in the config. (The orientation around the axis a stack node points to is not relevant for stock KSP, therefor it is not settable in the config). Id have to add all the nodes to the each container and storage rack in unity, which would be 57 parts with 77 nodes. Thats a bit much work at the moment. I will still keep it on my list for things to add when/if i have more free time at hand :wink: 

Edited by Nils277

I am have the weirdest 1.2 experience.

In my KPBS/TACLS career save, I found water in the Mun (and Minmus).  So, the wiki that describes TAC LS from a self sustaining POV can include Mun in the same way as Minmus if you also find water on Mun.  In my all USI career save, there is no water on Minmus, but there is on Mun. That will be hard.

2 minutes ago, Gilph said:

I am have the weirdest 1.2 experience.

In my KPBS/TACLS career save, I found water in the Mun (and Minmus).  So, the wiki that describes TAC LS from a self sustaining POV can include Mun in the same way as Minmus if you also find water on Mun.  In my all USI career save, there is no water on Minmus, but there is on Mun. That will be hard.

The reason for this is that resource distribution is determined (semi) randomly in each new save.

19 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

The reason for this is that resource distribution is determined (semi) randomly in each new save.

Yep...but until now, I thought the (semi) part was no water on Mun and usually water on Minmus. It's great I can have KPBS self sustaining bases on both moons, just rather unexpected.

KPBS 1.3.5 is here!!

Changelog:

Mod Support:

• Updated support for the Surface Experiment Pack

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed two mirrored textures for the small fuel tank and the recycler for USI-LS
  • Fixed ModuleManager patch for KIS items

Download:

MRispXN.pngcNJI52O.png rMKWvsX.png

@Gilph I have no idea why there is this difference. The occurrences for the resources are defined in the Community Resource Pack, which neither of the mod alters.

Edited by Nils277

Beeing quite new to Base Building in its whole i was wondering how you can place a complete base on a distant planet without having Rover wheels on it? Just see your beautiful bases and have no clue about how you did that. I couldnt find a useful tutorial (or Tut Video) out there so you guys may help me out please?

I can post pics when I get home, but there are landing legs that have wheels on them. They get placed on various adapters and Meerkats.  The great part is that the mount points are aligned perfectly. So, you can drive new extensions to the base and dock with docking ports and everything is perfectly aligned.  Then, when you are close to being done, just retract the wheels to lie the base flat on the surface.  It's one of the best things about KPBS...no cranes, no alignment issues, etc.

Here is a small base. note the wheels on the landing legs.  One of the arms has a HAL that serves as the control if I need to drive it anywhere.  The battery array in the upper right was landed separately and docked with the main base

nKGsEyE.png

Edited by Gilph

22 hours ago, Corporal Crunch said:

Hi again,

With the recent release of the construction mod, my first thought was how well it and your mod would work together so I made some construction ports based off of the docking ports for your base system. Feel free to do what you want with them. Link

I will try it during the weekend sounds cool

8 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Me Wanna, thank you!!!! I imagine soft serve machine inside viewable in the Iva :cool:

Hmm, i guess kerbals are not that enthusiastic about Ice-Kream. The IVA more looks like this: (But who knows what is not yet visible in the screen)

sAiMfrE.png

Edited by Nils277