GameModHub Dev Log [ALTERNATIVE to Kerbalstuff.com,Spacedock.info,and all other modding websites]

GGKSPMC

6 minutes ago, GGKSPMC said:

Wow adobe color is nice :D 

How about these colors:

00087F

4C58FF

0011FF

00087F

000DCC

Can you post an image to showcase them? It's hard to assess colors based on their hexadecimal representations.

2 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Can you post an image to showcase them? It's hard to assess colors based on their hexadecimal representations.

Oh right here: https://color.adobe.com/THE-VAPOURY-20-color-theme-7836577/edit/?copy=true&base=2&rule=Monochromatic&selected=4&name=Copy%20of%20THE%20VAPOURY%2020&mode=rgb&rgbvalues=0,0.03306056869269014,0.5,0.30000000000000004,0.34628479616976626,1,0,0.06612113738538028,1,0,0.03306056869269014,0.5,0,0.05289690990830423,0.8&swatchOrder=0,1,2,3,4

I'd better start working on GameModHub again... yesterday was an all-school day :( 

2 minutes ago, GGKSPMC said:

Those are all blue, and almost the same shade. It will be tough to distribute those around your layout in an appealing way since there's no clear "normal" versus "highlight" versus "background" colors, for example. Try "Compound" instead of "Monochromatic" to get some more varied combinations.

2 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Those are all blue, and almost the same shade. It will be tough to distribute those around your layout in an appealing way since there's no clear "normal" versus "highlight" versus "background" colors, for example. Try "Compound" instead of "Monochromatic" to get some more varied combinations.

oh :) i will also use white :) [and steal the colors from KSP forums bwahahahaha i am so evil]

6 hours ago, GGKSPMC said:

When I say ads I mean JUST ONE little banner ad per page.  I am also going to accept donations in the form of "premium accounts".  Thanks for your cents, though :)

"premium accounts" =/= donations.

6 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Yeah, don't go for the solid colors. Solid red, green, yellow, blue, purple, or orange does not look nice. Lighter shades look much better and are easier on the eyes.

IKR?  I am thinking:

a good blue [NOT THE SOLID COLOR :D]

White

VERY light grey

Black

and I'm thinking of the button color right now :D 

On 29/03/2016 at 9:32 AM, GGKSPMC said:

I haven't started the server yet.  Good idea, though :) I hate being dependent on Imgur... INSTAGRAM IS WAY BETTER!!!

Lets not have a flame war about what is better: instagram or imgur, though :D...  flame wars about crayons are more interesting :) 

Ummm... you're the only one flaming the sites....

2 hours ago, GGKSPMC said:

Yeah :D 

but to me you are saying "premium account" = donations and I personally do not like premium features as it is like:

you want to use feature XXX? pay $Xx.xx amount for premium to unlock it!

and what I MEAN ABOUT DONATIONS is :

totally voluntary you will not have any gain from donation but a thanks for supporting.

14 hours ago, GGKSPMC said:

Yeah :D 

No... by having premium accounts, that's not a donation since they in some way are compensated for that... a two way exchange of profit means that you're selling something on the forums.

EDIT: And if they're not compensated that's not a premium account.

Edited by CobaltWolf

10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

No... by having premium accounts, that's not a donation since they in some way are compensated for that... a two way exchange of profit means that you're selling something on the forums.

EDIT: And if they're not compensated that's not a premium account.

Oh.  I will do donations then, but the users will get rewards :) 

12 hours ago, Joshwoo69 said:

but to me you are saying "premium account" = donations and I personally do not like premium features as it is like:

you want to use feature XXX? pay $Xx.xx amount for premium to unlock it!

and what I MEAN ABOUT DONATIONS is :

totally voluntary you will not have any gain from donation but a thanks for supporting.

OOOh that makes sense :) 

12 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

Ummm... you're the only one flaming the sites....

:D 

12 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

I know.... I Know.... I'm biting my tongue really really hard

:D 

13 minutes ago, eirexe said:

Seriously, why don't you just contribute to the existing free/libre project instead of just creating more pointless fragmentation?

Do you know what the definition of hobby means?  also, gamemodhub hosts mods for every game :) 

2 hours ago, GGKSPMC said:

also, gamemodhub hosts mods for every game :) 

[MOD - As it is clear from this statement that GameModHub is being developed as a generic mod hosting platform rather than specifically for KSP, I've moved this thread to The Lounge.

Please note that Add-on Discussions is for topics specific to Add-ons in KSP.]

1 minute ago, sumghai said:

[MOD - As it is clear from this statement that GameModHub is being developed as a generic mod hosting platform rather than specifically for KSP, I've moved this thread to The Lounge.

Please note that Add-on Discussions is for topics specific to Add-ons in KSP.]

Will it still get lots of views?

4 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

You mean you're not going to launch the site today?

Nope... the server rooms will probably be like "April Fools" :( and also whenever I ask any of my family for something on April fools, they say "April fools I won't do it" like when I woke up this morning they said that they would take me to 6 flags but they just said LOL April fools, so I am already annoyed by April Fools.