[1.1] MakeItSmall 1.2 - Because sometime you need stuff to be smaller

sarbian

16 minutes ago, jofwu said:

Wanted to also chime in on what linuxgurugamer said. EnhancedNavball let's reposition the navball to the left or right (among other things). I'm worried that mod might die with 1.1 and while I can live without most of the mod's features I will SORELY miss the ability to move it after having it offset to the left side. It seems to ALWAYS be in the way of your view when centered, even with a small navball. Moving it to the left lets you move the navball out of the way of your view without requiring you to shrink it down to unusable size. I'd love to see that feature added to MakeItSmall.

Motion seconded.

All in favor, say "aye".

Aye.

Very nice! 70% of my UI issues solved already.

Other than the staging/control display area in the bottom left, the current font really doesn't like being scaled down so the green text areas on the navball & the time area get kinda unreadable. Probably a bit out of scope for this mod but I wonder if there's any text processing that can be done for those areas?

On 4/19/2016 at 4:05 PM, sarbian said:

Re build for the official 1.1 : MakeItSmall-1.1.0.0.zip

I provided a code snippet to Sarbian that adds the ability to slide the navball left and right.  He is taking a look at it for possible inclusion in the mod.

Lee

Edited by Leemon1
updated information

Hello.  I was pointed towards your mod after seeing that Enhanced Navball was no longer being updated.  I see your mod is not available through CKAN, which is a deal breaker for me.  I would love to try your mod, it looks wonderful.  Any chance of this getting pushed to CKAN anytime soon?  Thanks for your time.

15 hours ago, GoldenGonzo said:

Hello.  I was pointed towards your mod after seeing that Enhanced Navball was no longer being updated.  I see your mod is not available through CKAN, which is a deal breaker for me.  I would love to try your mod, it looks wonderful.  Any chance of this getting pushed to CKAN anytime soon?  Thanks for your time.

It's now on CKAN :wink:

Great mod! Unfortunately, on my laptop screen, if I reduce any of the parts' size, the font gets blurred and hard to read...

Is there any other setting I could use to counter it? Like increasing or decreasing aliasing?

Edited by jlcarneiro

Thank you @sarbian for excellent mod! I am was looking for some mod like this one to adjust NavBall cursor size in the center. In KSP 1.1 it becomes a much bigger:

KSP_NavBall.jpg

@sarbian, it would be great if you add the possibility to change navball cursor size! Just making navball bigger does not solve my problem, the cursor gets bigger as well.

9 hours ago, sarbian said:

Here is 1.2 : MakeItSmall-1.2.0.0.zip

• Move the navBall sideway
  • Rescale for
    • the lower left corner thingy
    • the map top icons

Stagging is not ready yet.

Thanks, sarbian! :)

1 hour ago, smjjames said:

Would it also be possible to resize the editor UI? Because the text (in map mode, elsewhere) is clear with an UI size of 1.2 using my resolution, but the editor UI gets bigger than neccesary.

Perhaps it would be better to resize the fonts of some of the typefaces, hopefully independently by scene and locale (and likely may have to scale the UI element using that rescaled font).  I think the font size is good in flight mode, have to check map mode, but in the editors, it's kind of just a touch too small, especially the spacecraft/spaceplane title box at the top.

playing ksp on laptop with 1366x768 screen size really suck

since UI size is pretty big. there's a setting which altering ui

sizes, but instead it makes everything much smaller, can't even

read the text...

until I found this mod... so Thank You sarbian

@sarbian  I think the persistence may not be working.  I'm certain I have 1.2, the option to relocate the NavBall is there, but it doesn't stay between launches (sizes don't stay either).

Edited by Alshain