[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

Out of all the things that caused me to lose, it had to be AI logic. Not AIM-120 AMRAAMS, not AIM-9 Sidewinders, not good firing angles, not aerodynamic failure, I lost because my FAB-41's flight computer decided to go full dumbass on me and suddenly switch targets in the middle of the battle.

And then in the third round, it targeted its own teammate with sidewinders...

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

p.s: I'm only moderately salty. I didn't win, but I did lose primarily due to bad luck, after all.

Edited by drtricky

16 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Could you test against the new F-2s if you got time @jrodriguez? My lagtop is lagging too much to do it.

I will try during the weekend :)

2 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Small update, @inigma. I'm using a new entry, the XF-7 Flogger. The F-2 was just too big to be salvaged, so I went a did something from scratch. Also calling @jrodriguez if he's hosting the next ones.

Roger that. 

8 hours ago, drtricky said:

Out of all the things that caused me to lose, it had to be AI logic. Not AIM-120 AMRAAMS, not AIM-9 Sidewinders, not good firing angles, not aerodynamic failure, I lost because my FAB-41's flight computer decided to go full dumbass on me and suddenly switch targets in the middle of the battle.

And then in the third round, it targeted its own teammate with sidewinders...

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

p.s: I'm only moderately salty. I didn't win, but I did lose primarily due to bad luck, after all.

Ya it was a spectacular loss. I was wondering where the goalkeeper plane was going while the laser plane charged right into the heart of the enemy team only to get decimated in round 3.  

Sometimes these matches are won on pure luck alone.  

If its any consolation, in the three pre-matches the teams were on par, with your team winning one match entirely hands down.

One match went into Round 5 after two draws but the Taurus team still lost eventually though because I think the goalkeepers, though awesome in scale, do nothing at range vs other cannon or turret options, and you only have one offensive plane which once it goes down, leaves the other one defenseless if the attackers are out of missiles.  

In the first round I tested, but not recorded (you can't record awesome) the Wyvern and your laser plane oblierated each other at the beginning.  Leaving the little david Swift vs your goliath goalkeeper Taurus. Your plane chased the Swift all over, and several times the little swift did circles around your Taurus dodging everything your plane threw at it proving that big goalkeepers are not a guaranteed win. The Swift swerved in and out plinking away, ripping off a tail here, a wing there until your Taurus was stripped down just two wings, a rudder, and maddening thrust. Your Taurus chased the escaping Swift at mach 2 well into the island chain, with the little Swift eventually bringing your Taurus down with reverse fire of his little turrets finally knocking out both of your wings. The Swift, not used to long fights, ran out of fuel! You continued to still fire at him though as your plane fell all the way down to the ocean, just 500m away, and took out one of the Swift's control surfaces before your Taurus took to splashing into oblivion, and it was then the Swift glided all the way into a crash landing into the second small island in the chain, exploding on impact. An absolutely freaking amazing draw.

Welp, time to go full-on Dr. Evil.

I'd like to submit the two most monstrously powerful aircraft I have ever created. The LA-41 Taurus, (NO LONGER EXISTS) and the LD-41 Taurus (NO LONGER EXISTS). Now, I bide my time.

latest?cb=20151211222531

P.S: no, the above post didn't make me mad.

Also, could you list me as "Dr. Evil (drtricky)"? :D

Edited by drtricky

Here's a giant ProTip for ya'll.

Angle missiles down from aircraft so when they launch they clear and you don't blow yourself up. This has eliminated all my missile induced self destructs. I'm only telling you guys 'cause I want to beat you fair and square :)

1 hour ago, g00bd0g said:

Angle missiles down from aircraft so when they launch they clear and you don't blow yourself up. This has eliminated all my missile induced self destructs. I'm only telling you guys 'cause I want to beat you fair and square :)

1 hour ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Or check on "Check Clearance" in the options, or just put on missile rails.

Yep. Also mounting missiles closer to the COM and COL helps with wings slapping into the missiles (less rotational momentum) and setting the missiles to launch forwards only with zero delay. Helps alot as well.

5 minutes ago, g00bd0g said:

OMG, I never realized you could change missile launching options. How do I access the "Check Clearance" option?

Put the cursor arrow over a missile, when it highlights right-click and the menu pops out.

I pretty much select "Forward" for all my missiles since the lateral eject takes longer to clear the aircraft, and wings have been known to slap into the missiles. On "Forward" the missiles clear the wings / fuselage within a few milliseconds. Gravity takes up to a second to pull a missile away with "Lateral", but under "Forward" the missile isn't relying on gravity but it's own thrust, which is far faster.

Just my 2¢....

Edited by GDJ

4 hours ago, g00bd0g said:

I see the menu and the other options, but no "check clearance"?

4 hours ago, GDJ said:

......shoot. Check the BDArmory options in the build screen. Must be in there....I think.....

Nope. Click "Mod" key + "B" and choose the "Check Clearance" option. It's a good thing to have, because it means your planes won't blow themselves up so easily.

10 hours ago, drtricky said:

Welp, time to go full-on Dr. Evil.

I'd like to submit the two most monstrously powerful aircraft I have ever created. The LA-41 Taurus, and the LD-41 Taurus. Now, I bide my time.

latest?cb=20151211222531

P.S: no, the above post didn't make me mad.

Also, could you list me as "Dr. Evil (drtricky)"? :D

Fricken sharks with laser beams!

You should change the name from Taurus to Pistris.

7 minutes ago, drtricky said:

@inigma I've made some very slight name changes to both my aircraft. They are now called LA-41 Megalodon and LD-41 Megalodon.

Ohh yea? Meet the Fighter Papa 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6mx6ruajlk8ut51/Fighter%20Papa%202.craft?dl=0

Rather than slapping a fighter together in 5 minutes, I actually read the manual this time. :) Designed to take down @jrodriguez's xwing and that nasty looking vulture he was fighting that I can't seem to find a download for.

Edited by inigma

27 minutes ago, inigma said:

Ohh yea? Meet the Fighter Papa 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6mx6ruajlk8ut51/Fighter%20Papa%202.craft?dl=0

Rather than slapping a fighter together in 5 minutes, I actually read the manual this time. :) Designed to take down @jrodriguez's xwing and that nasty looking vulture he was fighting that I can't seem to find a download for.

hahha those planes of @g00bd0g  are very dangerous! They have the same 4 vulcans as I do, but not sure if he set any pitch limitations as I did, plus they have aim-120 as well! Almost impossible for me to do anything. So...I will need to go more..bad ass (Maybe a R2D2 with lasers?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.