[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

Just a reminder, that ASC Series I will eventually close when the last of the Series I roster has engaged in combat with the KOTH.  Series I roster entries will continue to be accepted though until no one remains.

I will start a new ASC Series II thread for 1.1 after release.

Edited by inigma

39 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Also, where did you get the mods for 1.1 @jrodriguez?

BDArmory is  ready in Bahamuto's GitHub and the other mods I have ported them (forks from Bahamuto GitHub). I can send you a link with all the mods used in this challenge ready for 1.1. Adjustable Landing Gear is not working though

Edited by jrodriguez

1 hour ago, jrodriguez said:

KSP: ASC King of the Hill g00bd0g vs Speark

Nice and clean fight!@Spearka you did a good job tunning the Thassa but finally the current KOTH @g00bd0g won 2-1!

Oh god, my worst suspicion came true.

I should have mentioned this but the rearmost AARAMS and possibly the heatseekers actually have a chance of misfiring and damaging the Thassa since I couldn't find a way to make it more maneuverable. In the KOTH match there was a misfire on one of the Thassas then on the third the missiles on both misfired, I couldn't avert this since for some reason I cannot access the BDArmoury Menu responsible for coverage.

I could try and make a fix but I'm sure it's already too late.

1 hour ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Is it me or none of the craft were maneuverable enough to dodge AMRAAMS alone? 

Also, 1.1 is awesome! So much less lag now.

It's actually because the Thassa misfired, if you look closer they seem to explode on their own before the Raptors missiles get close. I'll try and fix this ASAP

EDIT: It's fixed now, I've already updated the KerbalX and Dropbox link. If a rematch isn't possible then I'd like to re-enter it

Edited by Spearka

46 minutes ago, drtricky said:

@inigma Question: If we are KOTH, and we want to make changes to the AI, are we allowed to request AI changes to only one of the aircraft, or do any AI changes have to apply to both the aircraft?

If your entry is changing from 1 craft file to 2, I suspect that would not be allowed.

3 hours ago, Spearka said:

Oh god, my worst suspicion came true.

I should have mentioned this but the rearmost AARAMS and possibly the heatseekers actually have a chance of misfiring and damaging the Thassa since I couldn't find a way to make it more maneuverable. In the KOTH match there was a misfire on one of the Thassas then on the third the missiles on both misfired, I couldn't avert this since for some reason I cannot access the BDArmoury Menu responsible for coverage.

I could try and make a fix but I'm sure it's already too late.

It's actually because the Thassa misfired, if you look closer they seem to explode on their own before the Raptors missiles get close. I'll try and fix this ASAP

EDIT: It's fixed now, I've already updated the KerbalX and Dropbox link. If a rematch isn't possible then I'd like to re-enter it

Yeah, vulturaptor loses a fair bit of maneuverability when fully loaded.It's supposed to launch more missiles early on so it's more maneuverable by the time we are dogfighting. For some reason my aim-120 engagement range with Thassa seemed reduced. Does BDA take into account vehicle size or radar x-section or something? How many ECM's you running?

10 minutes ago, g00bd0g said:

Yeah, vulturaptor loses a fair bit of maneuverability when fully loaded.It's supposed to launch more missiles early on so it's more maneuverable by the time we are dogfighting. For some reason my aim-120 engagement range with Thassa seemed reduced. Does BDA take into account vehicle size or radar x-section or something? How many ECM's you running?

I am unsure, the Thassa only has 2 ECM Jammers and it's similar in size to the Raptor so....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12 minutes ago, g00bd0g said:

If your entry is changing from 1 craft file to 2, I suspect that would not be allowed.

My AI is currently set up to give me the best (chance) against who I ...predict... I will go up against, but may be more problematic against other opponents. Assuming I somehow become KOTH, I would like to alter my AI based on who I'm fighting, but for my submission, applying the AI changes to both aircraft would be detrimental.

Edited by drtricky

21 minutes ago, g00bd0g said:

Does BDA take into account vehicle size or radar x-section or something? How many ECM's you running?

Well, when running a dogfight with the Debug Labels on, you can see that radar cross-section is definitely accounted for. I think it comes up in one of BD's earlier videos, but a craft that presents a smaller cross-section to a radar is harder to lock with radar. So while Thassa may be just as wide and long as VulTurRaptor, it seems shorter in height.

2 things.

1st

I just updated VulTurRaptor on kerbalx

2nd @Spearka

To win a round or claim title to King of the Hill, one of your surviving craft must:

• have a Kerbal in your craft

Uhh, I don't see a kerbal in Thassa?

Edited by g00bd0g

Okay, I'm throwing my craft into the death cage match:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxujqob5vxto4gu/GDJ%20Interceptor.craft?dl=0

It has gone up with 4 of the king of the hill contenders and either won, tied, or at least went down swinging and seriously messed up the opponents.
Twin engines, around 10 tonnes mass, and it pulls 15G turns all day.
Nearly all stock with BDArmoury mods and BD's landing gear.
Equipped with two .50 turrets. 4 AIM-120's, radar jamming, Chaff and flares, and a scared pilot. :)

screenshot12_3.png

Edited by GDJ

4 hours ago, drtricky said:

@inigma Question: If we are KOTH, and we want to make changes to the AI, are we allowed to request AI changes to only one of the aircraft, or do any AI changes have to apply to both the aircraft?

The current King can only make AI and software changes to any craft. Everyone else can change anything, up to and including switching out craft at the last second before match start.

8 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

KSP: ASC King of the Hill g00bd0g vs Spearka

Nice and clean fight!@Spearka you did a good job tunning the Thassa but finally the current KOTH @g00bd0g won 2-1!

I should have caught this one. Thassa is not manned. It needs to manned. Match is disqualified, but since the King won it, it simply gets added to pad his stats. :)

We will process the current roster as much as possible before opening up Series II.

Oh man, I am really, REALLY hoping lady luck doesn't screw over my fighter's AI again.

@inigma Are you now running the matches in 1.1, or 1.0.5?

Nevermind. BDA isn't ready for 1.1 yet, so yeah, I know you're definitely running the matches in 1.0.5.

Edited by drtricky

10 hours ago, JollyGreenGI said:

@inigma 1.1 is out, man. I just downloaded it.

1.1 is in pre-release and challenges aren't supposed to be made involving it until it has been fully released AFAIK

I'm not involved in this challenge myself but I figured the I'd let you guys know that just in case you get shut down by a moderator for infringing on this ... not everyone has 1.1 and it isn't necessarily fair towards those who don't have 1.1 to be prevented from entering into this challenge due to them not having 1.1 just because they chose not to support steam

Edited by DoctorDavinci

I figured out which piece it is. It says b9 cockpit. So I took off the cockpit but it still won't let me load it in just a vanilla and bd armory save game.

It literally won't load even without a cockpit attached and I tried saving the back half as a sub assembly but it dissappears.

Edited by xKage21x
Need help with the problem

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.