[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Less ram usage. Although it has become pretty irrelevant ever since Squad has officially supported x64, people that have a small amount of ram can still benefit, I guess. 

And, for me the main advantages : modern scatterer are based with DX11 in main, which fix some problems.

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Less ram usage. Although it has become pretty irrelevant ever since Squad has officially supported x64, people that have a small amount of ram can still benefit, I guess. 

Beside, you could take advantages of this section :

Luckily, classical solution of shadow acne is solved through shadow bias and normal bias. Two parameter that are implémented in ... Scatterer. But, not a chance, scatterer have strange effect on the plane change and shadow with terrain shadow activated. With some help i manage to solve it. Just change the shadowdistance in the config taken by scatterer (in config file of scaterrer in stock scaterrer only or in SVE config file with SVE i guess) and put it to a more default value : 5000. This value make the two plane identical. Don't really understand why, but it works.

Changing this parameter make thing way better. The terrain shadow of scatterer cas be used without introducing hard difference between planes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-18 at 1:32 AM, msnbcorp said:

And, for me the main advantages : modern scatterer are based with DX11 in main, which fix some problems.

Beside, you could take advantages of this section :

Changing this parameter make thing way better. The terrain shadow of scatterer cas be used without introducing hard difference between planes.

So not a call to update, but you have updated SVE and it recommends installing this, but this warns about wrong version, I think it all works correctly though, probably just a config file change for new version.

3 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

So not a call to update, but you have updated SVE and it recommends installing this, but this warns about wrong version, I think it all works correctly though, probably just a config file change for new version.

Yeah it should work. I haven't had time to get to it. I will soon though.

Hello,

The first post mentions a Kopernicus dll, which must be replaced in order for Jool rings to work. I have just put together a new install and using the up to date versions of both SVT and Kopernicus, I have gotten Jool rings to appear fine. Is this expected? Has Kopernicus been updated to include this fix? ıf yes, maybe the first post may be updated.

1 hour ago, Alexoff said:

2tSoA.png

2tSoB.png

Something goes wrong... I has only SVT mod for terrain...

Looks like you are using KSP 1.3 with Scatterer, which isn't updated for 1.3. Disable Scatterer ocean shaders and the issue will go away.

7 minutes ago, AtleSt said:

after a quick google search,

tangible
ˈtan(d)ʒɪb(ə)l/
adjective

perceptible by touch.

but im still flying thru these trees 

Cool.

I'm glad you can Google. 

Please don't come to my thread and attempt to insult my intelligence. I know what tangible means and all scatter objects are indeed tangible with SVT. 

Sounds like you have installed incorrectly.

you can try again, and post a proper bug report. Until then, enjoy flying through trees.

Edited by Galileo

i did not mean to "insult your intelligence" i actually had to google to find out what it meant (English is not my first language)

and i have to be the most retarded person in the world because i forgot to download and install the mod completely.

8 minutes ago, AtleSt said:

i did not mean to "insult your intelligence" i actually had to google to find out what it meant (English is not my first language)

and i have to be the most retarded person in the world because i forgot to download and install the mod completely.

Well I owe you an apology and you owe me some screenshots :wink:

1 hour ago, AtleSt said:

Been there, done that.

Just drove a rover through a rock and thought "Didn't I install..."

Downloading now!

I am missing the stalamites on Pol - did anything happen to them?

Asking here because (I think) this is the only mod I use that changes the planets surface.

Scatterer, EVE, SVE, Kopernicus, Sigma Dimensions also installed - I made no changes to surface scatter, other planets still have them.

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to load a save with the mod (and Kopernicus) installed, the save simply wont load. It stays on the loading screen forever. Here is the output log, https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8abHY6n7ofIN1VRbHNmSGhZdVk and thank you.

EDIT: I may actually be an idiot. I incorrectly installed the files. Works fine now, and I must say, KSP is lookin' good.

Edited by Ragingdonut

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks, is that known problem or sth worth reporting on github? :

2uYps.png

My setup:

KSP 1.3, Linux x86_64, OpenGL, mods:

- SVT-2.0.4, Collision FX. DistantObject, EditorExtensionRedux, KAS, KerbalEngineer, KIS, Kopernicus-1.3.0-4, MechJeb2, ModularFlightIntegrator, Docking Point Alignment Indicator, PlanetShine-0.2.5.2, TextureReplacer, KerbalAlarmClock, ModuleManager-2.8.1

As you can see no Stock Visual Enhancements, E.V.E or Scatterer. Installing them (manually or not) doesn't solve the problem. Guide at https://odingaming.com/2017/03/18/ksp-graphical-mods/ specifically mentions SVT and the need to overwrite its Sun.cfg with Galileo's own Sunflare's Sun.cfg, but that doesn't help in this case. Removing SVT/Sun/Sun.cfg does help but breaks again when I install Scatterer (with SVE's Sunflare config).

This looks like some alpha channel issue with texture and someone was mentioning some related .dds problem, but that was for DX11, here it's OpenGL. Is 2.0.4 then actually Linux (OpenGL) compatible?

SVT installed manually, the rest using CKAN.

Hm... Galileo I just wanted to confirm that SVT doesn't work in 1.3 right? All the terrain scattering in Spectra disappeared when I moved to 1.3. Is this happening with you as well?

Just now, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm... Galileo I just wanted to confirm that SVT doesn't work in 1.3 right? All the terrain scattering in Spectra disappeared when I moved to 1.3. Is this happening with you as well?

The last few kopernicus versions broke terrain scatter. The last version for it to work was 1.3.0-2.

i have created an issue on the GitHub page, but besides some conversation between @Sigma88 and I, I don't think anything has been done yet to fix the issue. We will just have to be patient 

Just now, Galileo said:

The last few kopernicus versions broke terrain scatter. The last version for it to work was 1.3.0-2.

i have created an issue on the GitHub page, but besides some conversation between @Sigma88 and I, I don't think anything has been done yet to fix the issue. We will just have to be patient 

issue has been solved, fix will be included in the next kopernicus release

unless we find that it is still bugged in our tests :D

33 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Gotcha - I thought that was the case :/ It's good to know though that it's nothing on our end. Just means I'll have to separate the scatters from the rest of the terrain configs and remove it until Kopernicus fixes the issue :P

37 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Gotcha - I thought that was the case :/ It's good to know though that it's nothing on our end. Just means I'll have to separate the scatters from the rest of the terrain configs and remove it until Kopernicus fixes the issue :P

Why would you separate it? Doesn't hurt to leave it in. Then you won't have to have another release JUST for terrain scatter

14 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Why would you separate it? Doesn't hurt to leave it in. Then you won't have to have another release JUST for terrain scatter

Yeah I just realized it's probably not worth the hassle removing it, though it does seem to be hurting something to keep it in - Even the stock terrain scatter is gone. My guess is that if I removed the kopernicus scatter config lines then the stock scatter would appear for the time being until kopernicus is fixed. Once again though it's probably better to just live without foliage for the time being (Plus the things I'm doing in game are in a mostly stock install anyways to improve FPS/stutters so I won't be using Spectra for a while besides making videos).

EDIT: I remashed this message a ton sorry :P

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

issue has been solved, fix will be included in the next kopernicus release

unless we find that it is still bugged in our tests :D

Oh I hadn't seen anything on the issue tracker besides the guy that hijacked my issue lol glad to hear it's fixed. I hope it's released soon :wink: 

I installed SVT and it seemed to work great at first with new terrain and Jool's rings.... then it just went away. Can you suggest some troubleshooting steps? 

Pretty sure I installed the latest SVT 2.0.4 (I'll double check). Still running KSP 1.2.2. 

12 minutes ago, Lunar Sea said:

I installed SVT and it seemed to work great at first with new terrain and Jool's rings.... then it just went away. Can you suggest some troubleshooting steps? 

Pretty sure I installed the latest SVT 2.0.4 (I'll double check). Still running KSP 1.2.2. 

Retrace your steps?

remove your mods and start over. Add svt first, then run the game. Then add a few mods a a time until it breaks it again. Then you can narrow down the issue from there.

On 02/07/2017 at 2:02 PM, reavertm said:

Hello folks, is that known problem or sth worth reporting on github? :

2uYps.png

My setup:

KSP 1.3, Linux x86_64, OpenGL, mods:

- SVT-2.0.4, Collision FX. DistantObject, EditorExtensionRedux, KAS, KerbalEngineer, KIS, Kopernicus-1.3.0-4, MechJeb2, ModularFlightIntegrator, Docking Point Alignment Indicator, PlanetShine-0.2.5.2, TextureReplacer, KerbalAlarmClock, ModuleManager-2.8.1

As you can see no Stock Visual Enhancements, E.V.E or Scatterer. Installing them (manually or not) doesn't solve the problem. Guide at https://odingaming.com/2017/03/18/ksp-graphical-mods/ specifically mentions SVT and the need to overwrite its Sun.cfg with Galileo's own Sunflare's Sun.cfg, but that doesn't help in this case. Removing SVT/Sun/Sun.cfg does help but breaks again when I install Scatterer (with SVE's Sunflare config).

This looks like some alpha channel issue with texture and someone was mentioning some related .dds problem, but that was for DX11, here it's OpenGL. Is 2.0.4 then actually Linux (OpenGL) compatible?

SVT installed manually, the rest using CKAN.

It is a .dds problem on opengl, I get it on Mac too. First thing to try, when in-game, is changing the texture resolution via the esc menu/options, just toggle it to something different and apply, then you can set it back to what you like and re-apply. If that's no good you can try replacing the dds files with png versions, and editing the sun.cfg to update the paths to point at the pngs. Here's some pngs from a previous version of SVE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3w28pqh06a0u03s/sunpngs.zip?dl=0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.