Why is this game still on the market place?

ChillingCammy

6 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

I do not have console, Go through all the dev notes, at least 1 on the forums is called console patch.

Could you possibly link to that dev blog? I went back to October 2015 and couldn't find a "Dev Note" posting regarding a console patch nor can I find any information regarding a released console patch for KSP with a Google search. 

That fact aside, isn't this discussion still going no where?

4 minutes ago, Bandus said:

Could you possibly link to that dev blog? I went back to October 2015 and couldn't find a "Dev Note" posting regarding a console patch nor can I find any information regarding a released console patch for KSP with a Google search. 

That fact aside, isn't this discussion still going no where?

there isnt a released colsole patch but there is this. perhaps this is what he was talking about

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

there isnt a released colsole patch but there is this. perhaps this is what he was talking about

Indeed, I definitely found that one. I expected he specifically meant a dev blog though. Either way, I think we can agree that thread does not discussed a released console patch, let alone multiple released console patches. :)

27 minutes ago, Galileo said:

yes thank you. I didn't know it wasn't released yet. sorry guys :(. I did not mean to be mean to anyone. My friend showed me it and told me it was released :(.

1 hour ago, nascarlaser1 said:

yes thank you. I didn't know it wasn't released yet. sorry guys :(. I did not mean to be mean to anyone. My friend showed me it and told me it was released :(.

I think an honest mistake is a great improvement on much of this thread. By the way, I personally love cheese - except goat's cheese, which I can't stand.

7 hours ago, damerell said:

I think an honest mistake is a great improvement on much of this thread. By the way, I personally love cheese - except goat's cheese, which I can't stand.

Couldn't agree more... 

Apart from the cheese of course, I like goat's cheese.  Each to his own I suppose. 

Now this thread will go way off topic discussing the relative merits of Cheddar, Stilton,  and Brie:cool:

42 minutes ago, pandaman said:

Couldn't agree more... 

Apart from the cheese of course, I like goat's cheese.  Each to his own I suppose. 

Now this thread will go way off topic discussing the relative merits of Cheddar, Stilton,  and Brie:cool:

Do you prefer eating cheese on crackers, plain or in salad?

I prefer crackers:D

Someone should make a poll.

4 hours ago, BT Industries said:

Do you prefer eating cheese on crackers, plain or in salad?

I prefer crackers:D

Someone should make a poll.

I wasn't trying, or wanting, to suggest we carry on talking about cheese, merely trying (and failing) to indicate in a light hearted way that's where it was heading, so I won't answer that.

As I said earlier in the thread, the OP and other console purchasers have a very valid point, and are rightfully disappointed and annoyed that this serious issue has such a negative affect on their enjoyment and experience of KSP.  And yes, the game shouldn't have been released like that, but (for whatever reasons) it was. The players' impatience for a fix is perfectly understandable, but unfortunately expressing it more forcefully won't make it happen any quicker.

A fix can't be 'applied' until it's actually been found, tested and checked, and Squad have said they are on to it.  The causes of some bugs can be much harder to track down than others, so even trying to put a time scale on such things is pointless at best and just asking for trouble at worst.  And then, once fixed, it's at the mercy of whatever protocols the console companies impose before it can be released, which is (afaik) out of Squads hands.

I know it doesn't 'help' asking for patience, but unfortunately there is no alternative.

[snip] coustomers who should be busy playing their shiny new game are instead here complaining... because it doesn't work, so they can't play it.
The answer to a squeaky wheel is oil. The quicker the oil-man cometh, the sooner the squeaking will stop.
Those with a non-functional product have a legitimate reason to be upset. OTOH, if it doesn't concern you, just stroll on by.

What I fail to comprehend is why someone always stops by to complain about all the people complaining. What purpose does that serve? :confused:

If this was a physical product, I would have expected it to be pulled from shelves until this was sorted. My guess is that this is not so simple with Sony/MS.

Edited by Vanamonde
Quoting removed post.

I asked for some more information regarding the patch in today's Dev note thread and I was completely ignored. The devs are happy to talk about minor tweaks with the Pc players but won't even acknowledge a massive issue for the console. Considering its been six weeks and still no patch/eu release I'm very fearful for the support this game will get on console. Like I said before I really feel that the console players aren't really a part of this community. 

12 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

I asked for some more information regarding the patch in today's Dev note thread and I was completely ignored.

Demanding info on future releases release dates is specifically against forum rules and has been for a long time.  PC users already ruined that for you :wink:

Also, as explained many times, when it gets released is determined more by Sony and Microsoft than by Squad.

They are not concealing information from you while hoarding your money and evilly twiddling their handlebar mustaches.  You'll know when they do.

Edited by Corona688

2 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

Demanding info on future releases is specifically against the rules.

Point of order: Asking for release dates is against the rules. RW1984's comment in the DevNote thread does not run afoul of this, heck half the comments in that thread are asking about particulars of the next version.

7 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

Demanding info on future releases is specifically against forum rules and has been for a long time.  PC users already ruined that for you :wink:

Also, as explained many times, when it gets released is determined more by Sony and Microsoft than by Squad.

They are not concealing information from you while hoarding your money and evilly twiddling their handlebar mustaches.  You'll know when they do.

So people who have been sold faulty software aren't allowed to ask when it's fixed? Also I think blaming Ms/Sony is weak as it's been six weeks and nothing, approval of patches doesn't take that long. Oh and thanks for the support red iron crown, I'm not posting here to annoy people I'm just incredibly frustrated with this debacle. 

So people who have been sold faulty software aren't allowed to ask when it's fixed?

Yup.  There's not always a helpful answer to the question.

Also I think blaming Ms/Sony is weak as it's been six weeks and nothing, approval of patches doesn't take that long.

If certification was a rubberstamp, certainly.  Sony's handed Squad unpleasant surprises before.

Oh and thanks for the support red iron crown, I'm not posting here to annoy people I'm just incredibly frustrated with this debacle. 

Nobody's enjoying this :(  I don't know what else Squad could be expected to be doing right now but what they're already doing.

Edited by Corona688

16 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

Yup.  There's not always a helpful answer to the question.

If certification was a rubberstamp, certainly.  Sony's handed Squad unpleasant surprises before.

Nobody's enjoying this :(  I don't know what else Squad could be expected to be doing right now but what they're already doing.

This delay cannot be attributed to certification issues. Six weeks and not even a hotfix for the worst issues, ridiculous. And i know what else Squad can be doing, keeping the console community informed, its the least they can do after subjecting people to this bug ridden mess with no end in sight.

This delay cannot be attributed to certification issues. Six weeks and not even a hotfix for the worst issues, ridiculous.

If your answer is a flat out "I do not believe you", fair enough, that's tough to argue with.  Read this thread for counterexamples if you like, or don't.

And i know what else Squad can be doing, keeping the console community informed, its the least they can do after subjecting people to this bug ridden mess with no end in sight.

Circa much less than six weeks ago:

Edited by Corona688

6 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

I don't know what else Squad could be expected to be doing right now but what they're already doing.

Communicating with their paying customers maybe? The silence from Squad certainly isn't helping. To just ignore your customers is pretty disrespectful. It's bad PR. When customers are ignored by Squad and instead met with a bunch of condescending remarks from the KSP apologists, it doesn't feel that great. It feels like we are getting trolled here. Add this to the multiple issues with the game itself, and it has taken away any confidence I had that my $40 was well spent. 

8 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

Circa much less than six weeks ago:

7 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

Communicating with their paying customers maybe? The silence from Squad certainly isn't helping. To just ignore your customers is pretty disrespectful. It's bad PR. When customers are ignored by Squad and instead met with a bunch of condescending remarks from the KSP apologists, it doesn't feel that great. It feels like we are getting trolled here. Add this to the multiple issues with the game itself, and it has taken away any confidence I had that my $40 was well spent. 

7 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

It feels like we are getting trolled here.

Okay.  We can't really help that either.  Nobody's going to feel better until the patch is out.

Now what?

Edited by Corona688

35 minutes ago, Corona688 said:
5 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

Exactly, the last update they gave us was almost four weeks ago, unbelievable when their product is in such a bad state. If/when a patch comes out I really hope they throw in an apology.

@Corona688, you don't need to post the same "console patches update" over and over. It does not say anything different than it did when it was posted about 4 weeks ago or when you posted it the first time. It has now been posted 3 times on the same page, twice by you. You need to understand that you are not helping people and just being confrontational and rude. I am not sure why the mods are letting you troll this thread. At this point, it is clear that you don't own KSP on console and you just want to argue with people who are looking for help and answers. 

3 minutes ago, chimpbone said:

You need to understand that you are not helping people and just being confrontational and rude.

Wow, I'm not allowed to say that.

17 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

Clearly an error sorry. I hope Squad can do the same and issue a sincere apology to the console community, it's the least they deserve.

Make no mistake, I agree with you entirely.  Whether you love squad or hate them, they made a mistake.  Unfortunately there's now little to do but wait.

Edited by Corona688

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.