[KSP 1.12.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.6] [23 Sept 2021]

Galileo

2 hours ago, darwinpatrick said:

@OhioBob A few updates ago I saw a change was made to Otho's semimajor axis- what was the change and is there an updated delta-v map?

There was a typo in the config where the SMA was 71718700000 instead of the intended value of 72718700000.  All the calculations I made for the delta-v map and the supporting documentation was all based on the intended number.  The only place were the incorrect value appeared was in the config.  So rather than change everything else, I just fixed the typo in the config.  The delta-v map is correct as is.

Ran into an issue with Gael's biomes-

Spoiler

W1iIFMV.jpg

It's calling the tundra Goonie Island and it's happening to all the tundra on Gael.

I poked around in the configs and everything does look good (coded colors perfectly match to the map) but the colors between the two are very similar in the biome map. Tomorrow I'll run cheat tests in a sandbox and get more info on it- i.e. if it's happening at the surface as well.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edited by darwinpatrick

10 hours ago, darwinpatrick said:

Ran into an issue with Gael's biomes-

It's calling the tundra Goonie Island and it's happening to all the tundra on Gael.

Biomes can be very glitchy like that.  We've tried to fix such bugs when we've found them but sometimes they sneak past us.  I'm not aware of the particular issue you mention but we might be able to fix it in a future update (should there be one).

32 minutes ago, Souptime said:

This mod looks awesome! Is it possible to make it orbit kerbol instead of replacing the regular system?

GPP_Secondary exists. The Ciro system becomes an interstellar destination.

9 minutes ago, darwinpatrick said:

There's options to have the Ciro system as a secondary star system IIRC but no, it wouldn't work to have the GPP planets added around  Kerbol as additional planets.

This is correct. The very idea of this is tasteless.

13 minutes ago, darwinpatrick said:

There's options to have the Ciro system as a secondary star system IIRC but no, it wouldn't work to have the GPP planets added around  Kerbol as additional planets.

Yeha, i know. But i like having new destinations!

17 hours ago, Souptime said:

Yeha, i know. But i like having new destinations!

Have you tried Outer Planets Mod? I think that might be what you're looking for if you're looking to add something to a save. If you're starting a new save, well, I can't recommend this pack enough :)

Edited by darwinpatrick

35 minutes ago, Souptime said:

Oh i already have OPM and GEP, i just keep adding mods after i get bored of the previous ones

You can do OPM + GPP + GPP_Secondary + GEP.  (GPP_Secondary comes with GPP under Optional Mods).  That'll add the OPM planets to the stock system, add Ciro and its planets as a secondary star system, and add Grannus and its planets as a tertiary star system.

I’ve had OPM, MPE (minor planets expansion), GEP and GPP secondary all running together in 1.9.1 using Kopernicus continued 1.9.1.4 and everything looked like it was working fine.

On a related note, does anyone have a Kerbalism radiation config for GPP? I already found an old one for Grannus and hackily updated it so it works with Grannus as a secondary system, but haven’t found one for GPP to do the same and would prefer not to just make one up from scratch as I’m not familiar with GPP’s solar system and it would probably be a mess.

2 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I’ve had OPM, MPE (minor planets expansion), GEP and GPP secondary all running together in 1.9.1 using Kopernicus continued 1.9.1.4 and everything looked like it was working fine.

I forgot about MPE.  Yes, that works with GPP and GEP as well.  Depending on the specific installation, orbits of some of the MPE bodies may be modified to assure there are no interferences.

2 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

On a related note, does anyone have a Kerbalism radiation config for GPP? I already found an old one for Grannus and hackily updated it so it works with Grannus as a secondary system, but haven’t found one for GPP to do the same and would prefer not to just make one up from scratch as I’m not familiar with GPP’s solar system and it would probably be a mess.

Here's a GPP Kerbalism config that we wrote about three years ago.  I'm not sure if it still works.  If not, maybe you can tweak it and get it working.  Kerbalism may pick up support for GPP and GEP in a future release.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/70rlbjbox4k94z3/GPP_Kerbalism.cfg?dl=0

3 hours ago, darwinpatrick said:

@OhioBob When GPP and GEP are both added as secondary star systems to stock, do they both orbit Kerbol or does Grannus orbit Ciro which orbits Kerbol?

Ciro orbits Kerbol and Grannus orbits Ciro.

This post explains all the possible combinations:

Edited by OhioBob

I've been playing GPP for the last months, iand finaly i am able to expand to Niven. yaay. Anyway:

Bug #1: I've benn searching for a niven stone (as required by a contract: return niven stone) for a while now. None of the stones i get near to can be picked up. I'm not sure about this bug as i've only been near 10 or so small rocks, but I'm gonna gues one of these had to be it.

Bug #2: On 2 separate ocasions the game crashed violently on me when i was landed on Niven. (computer shutdown type of crash). I wouldn't read too much into is as the game was running for hours at that point, but still. Log:

https://easyupload.io/xhkh7g

Edited by Nicky21

1 hour ago, Nicky21 said:

Bug #1: I've benn searching for a niven stone (as required by a contract: return niven stone) for a while now. None of the stones i get near to can be picked up. I'm not sure about this bug as i've only been near 10 or so small rocks, but I'm gonna gues one of these had to be it.

The vast majority of rocks on Niven are just general ground scatter that you can't pick up.  The Niven stones are far more rare and look a little different than the common rocks.  If you find one, you should be able to pick it up.  However, I just tested it and I found it very difficult to maneuver my kerbal into a position next to the stone in which the "Pickup Niven Stone" option appears.  Proper positioning was very sensitive and unforgiving.  When I could get the option to appear, moving just a tiny bit would cause it to disappear.  It was very frustrating.  Your problem might be that you are just not close enough to the stone or in the right position.  But it is possible to pick it up if you can get the option to appear in the menu.  This seems to me to be more of a general KSP issue than a GPP bug.

j8VZyhZ.jpg

Regarding your second issue, I have no particular insight as to what the problem might be.

Edited by OhioBob