What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

21 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Also don't forget that any dealing with hydrogen peroxide requires special precautions:

Safety? There's a guy at the local RC Plane aero club that I've always seen fueling his planes with methanol while smoking cigarettes which often are no further than two centimeters away from the fuel, sometimes even blowing smoke at it

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

Safety? There's a guy at the local RC Plane aero club that I've always seen fueling his planes with methanol while smoking cigarettes which often are no further than two centimeters away from the fuel, sometimes even blowing smoke at it

So, you see? The man on the photo has undertaken the special precautions: he put a cigarette out and stuck it behind the ear.

34 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Next time suggest her to try a pentaborane + oxygen fluoride test. Maybe she'll just give you all other passwords.

Yeah, I dont know what this fuel does, but there's boron and fluorine compounds, so definitely nothing pretty :D

And are you kidding?? She will slap the mulch out of me, and her slaps hurt! (She finds an excuse to slap me almost everyday, yesterday's was extra spicy...) And then she would start crying, I am not very good at dealing with crying women...

1 hour ago, Selective Genius said:

I suggested my immediate senior(she's only an year older) that we should refine the peroxide even further, take it to 85%. That was a mistake, she smacked me.Smacked me so hard, my glasses flew off my ears. :D

And then she got emotional (?) and made me promise that I will never mess with any chemicals. Otherwise she will lock me up in the computer lab. I was then told the horrors of High Test Peroxide, and a bazillion ways I could die from it. :0.0:

[confusion]

What? Is this real?

16 minutes ago, Selective Genius said:

She will slap the mulch out of me, and her slaps hurt! (She finds an excuse to slap me almost everyday, yesterday's was extra spicy...) And then she would start crying, I am not very good at dealing with crying women...

If this is coming from a work environment, please contact your HR department about this, my dude. This isn't acceptable.

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, Selective Genius said:

And are you kidding?? She will slap the mulch out of me, and her slaps hurt!

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

22 minutes ago, Selective Genius said:

Yeah, I dont know what this fuel does, but there's boron and fluorine compounds, so definitely nothing pretty :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentaborane(9)#History_of_its_use_as_a_fuel

8 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

If this is coming from a work environment, please contact your HR department about this, my dude. This isn't acceptable.

They should provide you with special lab equipment. And everybody gets happy.

Spoiler

41+CyQs5syL._SX425_.jpg

Just now, kerbiloid said:

They should provide you with special lab equipment. And everybody gets happy.

here's your free like again

23 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

I dont really mind :) ...I mean her slaps are not malificient in nature, she is too good-natured for that. These are all in good fun.. It's been almost part of my daily routine.If she has not smacked me before lunch at least once then that means she is REALLY sad/angry for some reason, even if she seems to behave normally.

I guess 'slap' is a strong word... The impact strength is between a 'pat' and a 'clap'...  yesterday's was harsh though, and honestly I deserved it. :D

23 minutes ago, Selective Genius said:

The impact strength is between a 'pat' and a 'clap'

"Tap", like with touchpad.

P.S.
A good idea for smartphone GUI, btw.
A new action: "slap". Use if the tapping doesn't work.

Edited by kerbiloid

40 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

P.S.
A good idea for smartphone GUI, btw.
A new action: "slap". Use if the tapping doesn't work. 

Preinstalled, can just do it to enable the "vent anger" feature.

Just now, CatastrophicFailure said:

How about “throw at wall as hard as possible?” :confused:

Also preinstalled, but has the bonus feature of enabling the "random failure generator" as coded by the external physics engine :P

18 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Did you try compatibility mode for Vista or XP?

Hey, with Win95 or 98/ME it actually does work!

A bit at least. It then crashes ingame at very specific points on the map. Interesting.

I actually still have the old, slower computer, but even it has Win7 installed at this point. Maybe I can still find the XP disc...

One of my mocking-babies has left the nest!!!
It can't fly quite yet, but it's wandering around the bush exploring... kind of looks like a little fat sparrow
I'll try and get a picture, but I don't want to disturb it, so no promises

21 hours ago, Delay said:

Is it somehow possible to "slow down" the CPU to a rate the game can work with? I know Most Wanted from just one year prior worked on my old computer with 2.14GHz (wait... 231-1 Hz? It was a 32-bit XP computer...) and it runs on the same engine and with some of the same code.

VM might do it.  Virtualbox lets you set the number of processors for the VM, with an execution cap as a percentage.  I have a 7700K, which is a hyperthreaded quad core.  I have a testing VM set up already that only uses one of the logical cores.  I could probably dumb that down to like... 20-30% and give it a try.

It also keeps tossing in-game fatal errors and forcing itself to close.  I'm not blaming the hardware incompatibility, the fact that I'm running Linux or even Wine... I remember quite distinctly having that issue back in the day running it on the Pentium 2/Windows 98 platform it was meant for.

Simcopter was not a well made game.  But I loved it, it was probably the first sandbox style game I ever played... plus you could use your own cities built in Sim City 2000!  (also could be done in Streets Of Sim City... another great one from my childhood.)

My mocking babies are gone... the last one quite literally jumped to the ground this morning... and we saw Dad feeding one in the backyard a little while ago
I looked it up, and apparently this is normal:

Once the young mockingbirds have fledged, the male mockingbird oversees the further development of the young birds. Fledged birds practice their flight skills and learn to eat under the watchful eye of their father. During this period, people might see birds flapping and fluttering on the ground. Young birds are susceptible to predation, so learning to fly is essential. As the mockingbirds grow in strength and maturity, flying becomes easier.

They grow up so fast... lol....

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

My mocking babies are gone... the last one quite literally jumped to the ground this morning... and we saw Dad feeding one in the backyard a little while ago
I looked it up, and apparently this is normal:

Once the young mockingbirds have fledged, the male mockingbird oversees the further development of the young birds. Fledged birds practice their flight skills and learn to eat under the watchful eye of their father. During this period, people might see birds flapping and fluttering on the ground. Young birds are susceptible to predation, so learning to fly is essential. As the mockingbirds grow in strength and maturity, flying becomes easier.

They grow up so fast... lol....

How long have you been stalking observing them for?

So i have been making my own discord with javascrip and node.js(Il post a video about it soontm)

And today with testing i found out it can quickly turn into a spam Bot with a single mistake.How bad was it? Got 50+ messages in 30 seconds(hey atleast my bot runs well!)

So no big deal i just restarded the bot (while having this BOOP sound of discord every second).

I still dont know what caused the problem but it sure was funny seeing suddenly 20+Hello! messages XD (why is programing so hard)

5 hours ago, WinkAllKerb'' said:

back home , after a month in hospital, kinda feeling like worked more 4 others there than healing myself ; )

Yikes! Hope you're feeling better!

On my end, they are filming some movie (?) at my neighbor's pool (which is pretty spectacular, frankly) this afternoon and night until 4:30am :o .

It's called "Silk Road," about dark web drug dealers or something.

On 7/11/2019 at 11:30 AM, KerbolExplorer said:

why is programing so hard

Programming is easy. You've just created a program which can deliver 100 messages a minute. The hard part is finding a use name for it. 

Edited by Cydonian Monk