1.3 Speculation?

daniel l.

1 hour ago, Vinhero100 said:

Stock KER sounds great, but If there is life support I would like there to be an option for NO life support

Yeah, it definitely should be optional and possibly default to being turned off entirely on lower difficulty settings, but would be nice to at least have it available in stock.

I've been waiting for a new planet for nearly 4 years so that'd be nice. Of course things like clouds, scattering, life support, something... anything intertesting on the surfaces, better damage system than just *poof*, a story (through easter eggs like NovaSilisko planned)...etc. all sound like nice ideas but I don't expect that to happen. Improving the current and adding new planets should be doable in about one hour if Squad wanted so that seems pretty realistic but, again, I don't really expect anything at this point.

Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy with some new airplane parts, a completed rocket overhaul, and a simplistic cloud system. Lots more parts and a tiny bit of graphical improvement would go perfectly with the game at this point, as the last few "big updates" have added more realism to the game, which for some, makes the game more difficult to the point where it starts to lose it's fun. And yes, I know you can turn off reentry heat and comms, but, I think that adding life support so soon after could possibly be overwhelming for some players. And, also maybe rebalancing some of the systems recently implemented, like making heat shields ablate away faster at higher temperatures, effectively allowing for an infinite heat tolerance (assuming you have infinite ablator), and additions to 1.2's comm network stuff like optional signal delay, and a RemoteTech-like flight computer for planning maneuvers in advance. Proper aerodynamic shielding would be nice, too. 

Also, more story please!

Oh dear if they have life support for the next major imagine the trailer. Usually kerbals die in those trailers, and they usually die because of an accident involving a rocket. I'm a huge fan of dark humour, and I would love to see what kind of trailer SQUAD would put out for life support!

On 1/8/2017 at 8:52 AM, Vinhero100 said:

Stock KER sounds great, but If there is life support I would like there to be an option for NO life support

After doing that with KerNet, I'd assume that people would demand it for later upgrades.  I don't like the idea of life support since it would reduce many chances for rescue missions.  I suspect that Harvester was pretty much the one blocking KER (or at least a delta-V calculator, I doubt that Squad wants *everything* that KER shows pasted all over the screen).

The mod breaking and people asking about the next version are things we can pretty much count on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.