Kommunity Space Station 1.4.1

3 minutes ago, Mukita12 said:

yeah I use stock part and for the image i can't yet because i'm still building it 

Thanks, Mukita. To clarify, when I say "where it would go" I just meant you can write a description of the where you want the module to go, but then just post a picture of the module (like in VAB, etc.).

11 minutes ago, scottadges said:

Thanks, Mukita. To clarify, when I say "where it would go" I just meant you can write a description of the where you want the module to go, but then just post a picture of the module (like in VAB, etc.).

ok

Edited by Mukita12

Hi @53miner53 I'm not sure who's currently taking their turn? 

On the waiting list doc, there's no one listed for Turn 68, but @Paaaadis up for Turn 69 (which he could just take Turn 68). Then it's open for Turn 70, then it's mine again for Turn 71.

When I reformatted the doc, I left open spaces for turns so I wasn't monopolizing, but if there's no one next do we just skip down to the next person? That would mean it's Paaaad now, then me, then Mukita.

Let us know what you think is best!

10 minutes ago, scottadges said:

Hi @53miner53 I'm not sure who's currently taking their turn? 

On the waiting list doc, there's no one listed for Turn 68, but @Paaaadis up for Turn 69 (which he could just take Turn 68). Then it's open for Turn 70, then it's mine again for Turn 71.

When I reformatted the doc, I left open spaces for turns so I wasn't monopolizing, but if there's no one next do we just skip down to the next person? That would mean it's Paaaad now, then me, then Mukita.

Let us know what you think is best!

Let’s go with @Paaaad is next.

Ok, Save is up. That should more then make up for the two solar panels I broke. Screenshots through the links.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwb7FrO1JMvySGE4VjZqV3RHZVE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwb7FrO1JMvyTUJndEU4VHUwM2c

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwb7FrO1JMvyQ0xMWklGekRwb0E

@Bottle Rocketeer 500 is up.

Edited by Paaaad

4 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@HerrCraziHere, disregard the "docking" tug on the top:

acnWfbW.png

Ok, so it looks cool, but I’m a bit confused. There is the hab ring in the middle, attached to what appears to be docking adapters to be able to use Sr. docking ports on both sides by 1.25m docking ports. One side ends in a Sr. port, with the tug on top, but has an extra probe core in there. The other side has a hitchhiker, another mk1 crew cabin, and a shielded docking port. My big question: why is there docking ports all over, embedded into the design? And why is there an unused adapter at the bottom? I am not allowing this module to be added for now. Please try redesigning it.

@Mukita12 is up!

@53miner53 There are so many docking ports because of the way the centrifuge works:

There is a docking port with a strut obstructing the other docking port so it can't dock to it, but uses the magnetism to still be "attached" and allow the ring to spin.

Also, the 3 other docking ports are to dock modules with it.

The thing with a probe core on top is a tug, which is to be discarded after use, and is not a part of the module

Edited by Bottle Rocketeer 500

6 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@53miner53 There are so many docking ports because of the way the centrifuge works:

There is a docking port with a strut obstructing the other docking port so it can't dock to it, but uses the magnetism to still be "attached" and allow the ring to spin.

Also, the 3 other docking ports are to dock modules with it.

The thing with a probe core on top is a tug, which is to be discarded after use, and is not a part of the module

Ok. Now I understand, but I’m concerned about the structural integrity of the module, as if it can’t dock when the module is not spinning, then I would think it would fall apart. I also want to point out that there is an extra probe core on the opposite side of the upper Sr. Port from the tug, which wouldn’t be necessary. Assuming the structure is stable and the extra probe core is removed, then the module is clear

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.