Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

Just now, NSEP said:

Am i the only one here who doesn't like the taste of coffee? I tried making a mix of 50% sugar, 50% milk, and just 25% coffee, and it still doesn't taste good! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

No. Not at all. I despise coffee.

3 minutes ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

No. Not at all. I despise coffee.

I know a lot of people that don't like it... and others that drink it all day... I'm sort of in the middle. By noon I'm pretty sick of it, and need to switch over to something different, just to mix things up.  

And I really don't like coffee at all in the evening... blehhh  :P

Edited by Just Jim

4 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Am i the only one here who doesn't like the taste of coffee? I tried making a mix of 50% sugar, 50% milk, and just 25% coffee, and it still doesn't taste good! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yes.

:wink:

But apparently I'm the only one who doesn't like the taste of carbonated prune juice.

14 minutes ago, NSEP said:

a mix of 50% sugar, 50% milk, and just 25% coffee

50+50+25 = 125% strong coffee is probably a mammoth killer

P.S.
I wonder how had they discovered the coffee as a food.
Did they always gather old dry seeds of different inedible plants, pound them, fry on fire, and pour the coal into the boiling water?
Strange entertainments...

Edited by kerbiloid

3 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I know a lot of people that don't like it... and others that drink it all day... I'm sort of in the middle. By noon I'm pretty sick of it, and need to switch over to something different, just to mix things up.  

I have something simulair with soda. It also depends in the brand of Coke, Coca Cola tends to get bland after a while, other cheaper brands taste better depending on the time of day/what i ate.

12 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

P.S.
Did they always gather old dry seeds of different inedible plants, pound them, fry on fire, and pour the coal into the boiling water?

Oh no... we could start a whole thread on just this subject! For instance, I've always thought the same thing about Lobster. Yes, they're delicious... but hideous to look at! So how did it happen? Someone see this gigantic mutant sea-bug come crawling out of the water and think:

"Hmmm, I'm gonna eat it..."

Not likely!!!

My guess is they took one look, screamed, stabbed it with a spear, maybe two or three times, then immediately threw it in a fire...

... and about 10 minutes later it started smelling... well, like broiled lobster! 

And the rest is history... hehehe

:D

Edited by Just Jim

2 hours ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Two hours later: Paitence is not very effective!

Apparently spelling is also not effective.

Meanwhile I don't exactly know what to do. I, despite the fact that I know it doesn't exist, am trying to find a healthy balance between polemic/sarcastic comments and being straight up annoying. I've only found one choice: Stop the comments.

At least one problem I have with this solution: It's like a subconscious process for me. Something I do without thinking about it.

Not "without thinking about it" as in saying something I'd regret if I had thought. Rather, like playing an instrument. You just do.

4 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Lobster. Yes, they're delicious... but hideous to look at!

But all you need to know do about lobster is just to put it into something burning or boiling. Hideous or not, they are alive, so most probably edible.

While coffee needs so many steps to cook.
Boredom and idleness move the progress.

Edited by kerbiloid

1 minute ago, kerbiloid said:

But all you need to know do about lobster is just to put it into something burning or boiling. Hideous or not, they are alive, so most probably edible.

While coffee needs so much steps to cook.
Boredom and idleness move the progress.

Oh, I agree... coffee is a weird one... lobster is just really ugly food... lmao... :sticktongue:

10 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

P.S.

Arabic goat herders noticed their goats would be really energetic when they ate coffee berries, so the herders mixed the seeds ("beans") of the berries with other foods to make edible energy balls. It eventually evolved to grinding the beans into powders to eat.

I think.

5 minutes ago, Delay said:

Apparently spelling is also not effective.

Meanwhile I don't exactly know what to do. I, despite the fact that I know it doesn't exist, am trying to find a healthy balance between polemic/sarcastic comments and being straight up annoying. I've only found one choice: Stop the comments.

At least one problem I have with this solution: It's like a subconscious process for me. Something I do without thinking about it.

Not "without thinking about it" as in saying something I'd regret if I had thought. Rather, like playing an instrument. You just do.

Oops, noteced the speling eror. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Arabic goat herders noticed their goats would be really energetic when they ate coffee berries, so the herders mixed the seeds ("beans") of the berries with other foods to make edible energy balls. It eventually evolved to grinding the beans into powders to eat.

This can make sense.
Though goats don't pound or fry the seeds. Looks like the chain was a little more tricky.
The dry dung is a usual daily fuel in desert regions. Probably shamans were dissolving the ash in water and drink give it to drink to the customers for lulz as medicine. Occasional coffee remains made the drink refreshing.
Later the shamans' sharp eye and tenacious mind have done the rest.

Edited by kerbiloid

4 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Last week we had a customer come in and order a paper shredder.  Since we don't stock them, we then ordered it ourselves.  A few days later it shows up.

With a warning label I've never seen before.

I weep for a generation too stupid that they have to be told not to put cell phones / cell phone batteries through paper shredders.

20180402142349.jpg

Huh? Wha? I always put children through the shredder. Doesn't everybody?

I don't have it handy, but somewhere there's a label packaged with box knives that read "Keep Out Of Children".

Spoiler
4 hours ago, Geonovast said:

20180402142349.jpg

So...

"No long hairs allowed".
"Thieves will get their hand cut off."
"No swords".
"No eternal engines"? "No incomplete chains"? Not clear/
"Chasing the minors is not allowed."
"Books should have every second page clear."
"Do not try to install cylinder batteries into a flat smartphone. At least from top."

On 4/5/2018 at 9:12 AM, TheMadKraken2297 said:

My daily complaint! 

I don't drink coffee so I have no real caffeine intaaaaaaaaakee... 

(Falls asleep)

Coffee is NOT the only source of caffeine... not by a long shot.

On 4/5/2018 at 9:59 AM, Geonovast said:

I don't get why people so quickly and definitely associate coffee == caffeine.

You can drink coffee without caffeine.

There's only about 40,000 other ways to get caffeine.

I usually get about 450mg of the stuff a day, and I hate coffee.

Oh, I add to my caffeine level by drinking non-coffee drinks...

On 4/5/2018 at 10:29 AM, Just Jim said:

True, I'll admit it, I have 3 fixes for my caffeine addiction... lmao... :rolleyes:

Morning: Coffee
Afternoon: Dr. Pepper
Evening: Jasmine Green Tea, preferably real hand rolled downy jasmine pearls... mmmmmmmmm............. 

and...

23 hours ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

For me it's: 

Morning: Nothin.

Afternoon: Dr. Pepper

Evening: Dr. Pepper.

Doctor pepper is love, Doctor pepper is life.

Morning (4:45 to 9:30 a.m.) Coffee. Black... nothing added to it...

Noontime (11:30 to 1:30 p.m.) Diet coke

The rest of the afternoon (until 8:30 p.m) Unsweetened iced tea

22 hours ago, NSEP said:

Im still working on my Coke addiction, Coca Cola that is.

@NSEP Impossible ratio. That would give you 125%.

22 hours ago, Just Jim said:

At one time I drank it all day. That was until I realized I was drinking nearly 2 pots per day by myself.  Had to cut back.

22 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

P.S.

My ratio is 100% black. Keeps the math simple... :D

Oh no... we could start a whole thread on just this subject! For instance, I've always thought the same thing about Lobster. Yes, they're delicious... but hideous to look at! So how did it happen? Someone see this gigantic mutant sea-bug come crawling out of the water and think:

"Hmmm, I'm gonna eat it..."

Not likely!!!

My guess is they took one look, screamed, stabbed it with a spear, maybe two or three times, then immediately threw it in a fire...

... and about 10 minutes later it started smelling... well, like broiled lobster! 

And the rest is history... hehehe

:D

Close...  @TheMadKraken2297 almost has the right answer. Almost.

Oh, I agree... coffee is a weird one... lobster is just really ugly food... lmao... :sticktongue:

Yup, the Ethiopians actually worshiped the coffee berry (it isn't really a bean) because it resembled something from the human female body.

Believe it or not, I don't think the lobster is that ugly. Now oysters... resemble snot. See:

th?id=OIP.KLDoNJHsZaQ7BpUmBy4r1AHaJ4&pid=Api  snot.jpg

Now whoever said, "let's try this raw thing that looks like snot.."

21 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

This can make sense.
Though goats don't pound or fry the seeds. Looks like the chain was a little more tricky.
The dry dung is a usual daily fuel in desert regions. Probably shamans were dissolving the ash in water and drink give it to drink to the customers for lulz as medicine. Occasional coffee remains made the drink refreshing.
Later the shamans' sharp eye and tenacious mind have done the rest.

Ethiopians discovered goats who ate the berries had an energetic and euphoric reaction to eating them. It also increased their "urge to merge" if you know what I mean...

21 hours ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

I think.

Oops, noteced the speling eror. Thanks!

Close. Ethiopians noticed it first....

Edited by adsii1970

8 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Ethiopians discovered goats who ate the berries had an energetic and euphoric reaction to eating them

Then they would just be eating the coffee seeds.

10 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Coffee. Black... nothing added to it...

Some water?

11 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Morning (4:45 to 9:30 a.m.) Coffee. Black... nothing added to it...

Noontime (11:30 to 1:30 p.m.) Diet coke

The rest of the afternoon (until 8:30 p.m) Unsweetened iced tea

Evening... A dish of fried meat with pepper.

Just now, kerbiloid said:

Then they would just be eating the coffee seeds.

My guess is that the flavor was rather lacking, and someone was looking for a way to make it more palatable.

As for the invention of eating various creatures, I'd venture that it was probably along the lines of "I can either eat this thing, or die of starvation."  And most of those are now considered "gourmet" items.

From what I've heard, lobster was actually once the food of the poor, since it was quite plentiful, and relatively easy to obtain, if one lived near the shore.

2 minutes ago, razark said:

My guess is that the flavor was rather lacking, and someone was looking for a way to make it more palatable.

I'm afraid fresh coffee seeds (as goat like) are not the thing to be eaten by humans, even by shepherds.
I prefer to presume that ancient shamans and shepherds were not grass-eaters.

3 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

This is what ripened coffee berries look like before being processed:

Have you tasted this berry?

Edited by kerbiloid

Just now, kerbiloid said:

I'm afraid fresh coffee seeds (as goat like) are not the thing to be eaten by humans, even by shepherds,

Actually, in parts of Africa, they are still eaten as they were by early humans. And let us not forget the most expensive coffees... I mean, who thought this would be a good idea...

http://www.most-expensive.coffee/

6 minutes ago, razark said:

As for the invention of eating various creatures, I'd venture that it was probably along the lines of "I can either eat this thing, or die of starvation."

Even more straight.

"Meat! Eat!"

2 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Actually, in parts of Africa, they are still eaten as they were by early humans. And let us not forget the most expensive coffees... I mean, who thought this would be a good idea...

This just proves my hypothesis twice.

1. Coffee (drink) was invented as a dry dung ash.

2. Royal dung - for royal customers.

(I doubt that that most expensive indeed differs a lot from any other coffee. At least because different people prefer different coffees.)

Edited by kerbiloid

6 minutes ago, razark said:

As for the invention of eating various creatures, I'd venture that it was probably along the lines of "I can either eat this thing, or die of starvation."  And most of those are now considered "gourmet" items.

Confirmed by this Sea Harrier pilot (forgot his name) who got shot down over Bosnia, and who ate roots, leaves, and insects until he was recovered some days later.