Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

16 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Well, true. But I live in Canada, so while I instinctively talk in Russian, I am far worse at orthography.

That is okay, Russian orthography is hell, just like the Russian itself.

I am native Russian tho, so it is a bit less complicated to learn if for me. 

11 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

That is okay, Russian orthography is hell, just like the Russian itself.

Not really okay. It's my first language, and I knew how to speak Russian before the age of 1. I should know it easily by now.

4 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Not really okay. It's my first language, and I knew how to speak Russian before the age of 1. I should know it easily by now.

It is really, almost impossible to know Russian fully, going though every single rule and exception while speaking or writing.

I am bad at Russian myself, the only way I get good marks is because I like writing stuff and I know tons and tons of ways to write and express and idea complicatedly, yet understandably.  Thankfully Russian language is full of ways to express something in any way.

3 hours ago, cratercracker said:

Actually just the 1st, 3rd and 4th are making sense.

Why? All 5 of them. Check the intonation.

1. Masha likes cookies very much.
2. Cookies - that is what Masha likes.
3.  Masha likes cookies. She does it very much.
4. Masha really likes cookies.
5. Masha likes cookies. Yes, this is what she likes.
(though, любит instead of лубит.

49 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

7. Macbeth's castle is sieged, his wife commits suicide, and he's killed.

Like:
Chekhov: if in the first chapter there is a rifle hanging on the wall, in the second or third chapter it must shoot.
Shakespeare: if in the first chapter there is a character standing on the scene, in the second or third chapter he/she must die.

2 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Chekhov: if in the first chapter there is a rifle hanging on the wall, in the second or third chapter it must shoot.

Chekhov was a genius, wasn't he?

I honestly love Russian literature.

Edited by Matuchkin

Ok, so i have been waiting all day long to mess around with Spectograms and turning images into sounds for my videos, but i can't find my earbuds to do so. I hope my Mom took them, because i also need them for a school project and if i can't find them, i can't edit my video for my school project. Im frustrated and slightly panicked now. I know its not necessary to have fun now, but my feels say otherwise.

7 hours ago, qzgy said:

Your high school-to-be has a foosball team? That's amazing! I didn't know competitive foosball was a thing.

no...just football, I don't know why I call it foosball

also: somehow posted that in the wrong thread

Edited by StupidAndy

3 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Shakespeare: if in the first chapter there is a character standing on the scene, in the second or third chapter he/she must die.

If you ever have the opportunity to see The Reduced Shakespeare Company, do so. In the show I saw, they got to the part where they send up Hamlet. The lead actor gave a marvelous rendition of Hamlet's soliloquy. He paused for a second, and then said, "Right! Now, on with the killing!"

4 hours ago, TheSaint said:

If you ever have the opportunity to see The Reduced Shakespeare Company, do so. In the show I saw, they got to the part where they send up Hamlet. The lead actor gave a marvelous rendition of Hamlet's soliloquy. He paused for a second, and then said, "Right! Now, on with the killing!"

It was years ago, and I couldn't remember who it was, but I have seen The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged).  I can only agree, if you get the chance, see them!

Edit:

Oh hell.  It's on youtube.

There goes my evening...

Edited by razark

Laptop isn't detecting my hardrive...I dropped it last night (4 feet onto driveway (astrophotography)). Worked fine and was working fine. I'm probably gonna have to break the warrant void thing though, and I'm gonna have to write a 500 page essay on why I need to do it.

Edited by munlander1
I can engrish well...

11 hours ago, munlander1 said:

Laptop isn't detecting my hardrive...I dropped it last night (4 feet onto driveway (astrophotography)). Worked fine and was working fine. I'm probably gonna have to break the warrant void thing though, and I'm gonna have to write a 500 page essay on why I need to do it.

Note that the warranty-void sticker is BS. They have to prove that your opening of the case caused the damage. If they refuse to warrant the repairs just contest it and they're likely to cave.

4 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Note that the warranty-void sticker is BS. They have to prove that your opening of the case caused the damage. If they refuse to warrant the repairs just contest it and they're likely to cave.

See, the problem is that the warranty is expired. It's been 5 years since we got it...

Last year, it was having thermal issues so I wanted to open it up and replace thermal paste and remove any dust. So I asked my Dad (it's his computer) if I could break the warranty void thing and he said no...

Edited by munlander1

On 3.12.2017 at 5:20 PM, Matuchkin said:

Only one of the sentences written above makes sense in English. However, every single one of these sentences make complete sense in Russian, and can be used in conversation.

That's how mother Russia prevents the rise of grammar naz**, remove grammar tovarish.

In Germany, we have 5-year orthography reforms(2006, 2011, 2017), only purpose being to complicate spelling and make everyone learn to write again. You can write the most amazing paper in german but it won't help when it's not 100% grammatically correct, that's more important than its content.

This year, the Council for German Orthography(RdR) has invented a new letter, the big ß(don't have it on my keyboard).

Edited by Mayer

Frigginblastedgoshdarnsonofanutcrackerrizzfrangblngblangdingdongarazzlefrazzle!!

Bad day today. I don't know why. Its rainy, dreary, and cold, and I just want to drink Hot Cocoa and launch rockets. AAAAAARRGHHHH. 

However, of course, work always comes first.

*Off stage* "I'm coming Jebediah........" *fades*

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

My "laptop" seems to have died.

Not the one that I got recently.  The used one I've had for over a decade, with the dead screen that I was using as a server.  It stopped responding on the network, but it appears to start booting if powered off and back on.  However, the screen dies* before booting finishes, so I haven't been able to determine what's wrong.  It had my entire KSP database system on it.  I've managed to get it up and running on my Pi, but right now I've lost all the history it had on it from previous saves.**

*I think it's the backlight.  The screen shows fine when I first turn it one, but it starts turning reddish, and then dies.  The machine still runs and works with an external monitor, and it's never been worth it to fix.

**I've been putting off starting a new save for a while now, so I didn't lose anything in progress.

Edited by razark