Mission Idea: Emulating Real Life in Kerbal Space Program [WIP] [Submit a Payload] [Become a Launch or Payload Provider]

9 minutes ago, Skylon said:

I am planning on writing my own story based off of my company here. If anyone else wants to add a post there for their own company, feel free :). Here it is 

I will get the first chapter up in a day or two

I'm thinking of doing something like that, just with the mods, and a little more I need, good luck with it! looking forward to it

because of spring break I have caught up on everything! I'm on the forums practically 18/7!

only then do I get to let my mind wander and realize that talk on the forums is slow...

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:41 PM, StupidAndy said:

okay, I have two probes that I need launching, they're both light, but that isn't important, well it is, but it isn't the main thing, I don't have the second probe, but still...

they have to go far, further then keostationary far, well one has to go a bit higher then keostationary, the other one has to go out of the SOI, either way, its hard, but I still don't have the second one so...

Corrmes CMES

I need someone to launch it to higher then keostationary orbit, as high as you can, above most of the magnetosphere because its studying CMES, of course we don't want any filthy magnetosphere interference, we must study the CMEs!

lets see, who shall be the great one with the reward of winning the contract to launch this...

after looking over the LPs, these are the people who can negotiate to get the contract

@TheEpicSquared

@Skylon

@Fraus

@kerbinorbiter

FIGHT FOR MY AMUSEMENT!

okay, because half of the people didn't respond to my very short memory (I'm like dory but able to remember more)

the winner is....DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!

*whatever the onomatopoeia of drumrolls are*

@Skylon! BECAUS HE IS 1000 :funds: CHEAPER AND WE ARE CHEAP!! YAY!!!

YOU HAVE WON THE GLORIOUS CONTRACT FOR THE PROBE (if-you-accept-or-if-you-even-applied-oh wait-you-did-I-should-look-better)

GO!! FOR SCIENCE!!!

5 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

okay, because half of the people didn't respond to my very short memory (I'm like dory but able to remember more)

YOU HAVE WON THE GLORIOUS CONTRACT FOR THE PROBE (if-you-accept-or-if-you-even-applied-oh wait-you-did-I-should-look-better)

GO!! FOR SCIENCE!!!

Yeah I think I can take that above the magnetosphere (how high is it?). Although TheEpicSquared could take more at a time.

7 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

GO!! FOR SCIENCE!!!

2 hours ago, Skylon said:

Yeah I think I can take that above the magnetosphere (how high is it?). Although TheEpicSquared could take more at a time.

*enters competitive mode*

Ok, I'm going to do this:

I'll drop my customer price to 19,500 when launching multiple payloads at once. @StupidAndy depending on the mass of your CMESs, I could take both of them at once. The one destined for high kerbin orbit can circularize on its own (assuming it has engines, does it?) and I can use the rest of the fuel on the second stage to boost the second CMES into your desired solar orbit. 

Now I'm 500 funds cheaper, if you let me launch both CMESs at once. :wink: 

8 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I'll drop my customer price to 19,500 when launching multiple payloads at once. @StupidAndy depending on the mass of your CMESs, I could take both of them at once. The one destined for high kerbin orbit can circularize on its own (assuming it has engines, does it?) and I can use the rest of the fuel on the second stage to boost the second CMES into your desired solar orbit. 

Oh noes.

Guess I will have to get the ArthR-1 craft file up so I can finally slash prices in half :wink: (I think I can half prices anyway:rolleyes:)

What does porkjet's part overhaul do?

The part overhauls changes the stock 1.25m fuel tanks to have immensely better textures. Does the same with the 1.25m engines and adds a few (2 I think).

Have you overwritten the original stock parts? If so, that will affect the performance of my rockets.

Nope, I haven't overwritten he original stock parts, in case someone used those.

@icantmakemodels You get 300,000 funds from the government. You'll have to get the rest yourself. I'll update the OP.

Edited by TheEpicSquared

12 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

GO!! FOR SCIENCE!!!

It looks like your sat has over 1.15km/s of dv on its own.

My Retrance ll2 can lift 1.1t to keostationary transfer, so the 0.85t sat should be able to either circularize/get out of the SOI.

Costs 6000*2 = 12000, isn't it a fine deal?

1 hour ago, Abastro said:

It looks like your sat has over 1.15km/s of dv on its own.

My Retrance ll2 can lift 1.1t to keostationary transfer, so the 0.85t sat should be able to either circularize/get out of the SOI.

Costs 6000*2 = 12000, isn't it a fine deal?

In that case I can launch two

I only need one...the other one I still have to build and submit...

and I always overestimate that monoprop engine, it eats through the fuel FAST, it doesn't really have the DV, but just lift it up Keostationary, and when you get to your apoapsis above the MAGNETOSPHERE you burn all the rest of your fuel to make sure you spend as little time in the magnetosphere as possible, or you could just get a Mun encounter and lift it way past the magnetosphere...

as for the person...

7 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

7 hours ago, Skylon said:

Oh noes.

Guess I will have to get the ArthR-1 craft file up so I can finally slash prices in half :wink: (I think I can half prices anyway:rolleyes:)

hmm...did I make the decision too soon?

@Abastro, sorry but your rocket doesn't cut it, it cant lift the probe high enough, and since my probe has overestimated DV it needs lots of lifting capacity for a high orbit, your rocket may lift it to keostationary transfer but we need keostationary orbit so we can use the probes fuel to lift the periapsis as far away from the magnetosphere as possible, if you can edit the rocket so that you can get it to keostationary orbit you can be entered into the negotiations, if they aren't done

and I still have another one that is going out of the SOI (different one I still have to build) so if your rocket can get it to escape velocity you can try to get the contract!

2 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Could you hold off on the Astral demo launch? It doesn't seem like there's going to be much demand for 1t to LKO lifters, and with the profit margins I'm using, it'll take forever to recoup the dev costs. I may just skip right to my next rocket.

Can you take 0.6t to KEO?

15 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Do they need to be spread apart in their orbit? I might be able to launch multiple 0.6t sats.

No, they don't have to be spread apart, but if you can that would be good. They have their own tiny propulsion system (two RCS thrusters with a small tank) so I could have them do manoeuvres in orbit.

3 minutes ago, Skylon said:

No, they don't have to be spread apart, but if you can that would be good. They have their own tiny propulsion system (two RCS thrusters with a small tank) so I could have them do manoeuvres in orbit.

It looks like I can launch two of them at once for around 10,000 a launch. 

1 minute ago, Seabo14 said:

@SkylonYou were talking about a mun lander, if you want to make it manned I'm happy to help launch a Soyuz A style lunar train, using my Rho capsule.

I meant unmanned. Unmanned comes before manned. 

21 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Done! It looks like l won't be able to spread them apart, though. I could do it, but without S2 reuse I'd have to charge 5,000 more funds.

That's still fine with me

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.