SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

3 minutes ago, Shpaget said:

I tried leaving it ON on flat for a few minutes expecting to fall down, alas, no result.

Also turned it OFF on oblate, expecting to fly away, but again no cigar.

Cool thing, you can fly all around the station, but need to stay fairly close

We should do races to see who can make it around the station AND dock successfully as fast as possible.

We need a speedrun leaderboard lol

Starting from the first control input I got a docking in 1:55 ish.

5 minutes ago, RCgothic said:

When I try to translate right it blows up the approach. I figure I'm trying to dock with a bad thruster cluster and that's why it's on manual! :P

AFAIK it's a mobile issue. Switching to desktop solved it for me.

5 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

We should do races to see who can make it around the station AND dock successfully as fast as possible.

Ninja, but I had the same idea without a fly-around. I'll have to attempt both eventually.

Edit: Got 1:40 ish for just docking

Edited by Ultimate Steve

3 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Roger, will do. Would Science and Spaceflight be the right place, or Off Topic?

Hmm, I'm not sure...it's not 'science' (so to speak) so I guess it should go in the Lounge.

Also, for some reason your post ended up before mine even though you posted after me :P

Edit: Weird stuff is happening with my posts for some reason, please ignore.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Just now, RealKerbal3x said:

Hmm, I'm not sure...it's not 'science' (so to speak) so I guess it should go in the Lounge.

Also, for some reason your post ended up before mine even though you posted after me :P

I'm a time traveller.

Here's the speedrun thread:

5 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Will they publish an SN construction simulator?
(With cryofueling, tank bang, fire test and so)

Starship Factory Manager. At first there’s a plain field, so you need to build tents, workshops, etc. Research new tech to build SNs faster or improve their chances to survive the milestones like pressure tests, cryo fueling, then static fire, short hops, 20km flights, and finally, orbit. The goal is to make orbit in the least amount of time. 

11 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

Starship Factory Manager. At first there’s a plain field, so you need to build tents, workshops, etc. Research new tech to build SNs faster or improve their chances to survive the milestones like pressure tests, cryo fueling, then static fire, short hops, 20km flights, and finally, orbit. The goal is to make orbit in the least amount of time. 

I would totally play this game :D

58 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Does the upcoming Starlink launch have any modified 'VisorSat' satellites onboard?

Musk said next launch would last launch, so I assume at least some to test.

4 hours ago, sh1pman said:

I said it before and I’ll say it again....

Spoiler

Factorio: SpaceX Edition

KMhzP8k.jpg

SpaceX gets a commercial ride-share for two Starlink launches. 3 extra 83kg microsats per launch. I doubt SpaceX will be reducing their standard 60-sat dispenser, so either Falcon 9 found an extra 250kg performance on top of 16.8t to LEO or Starlink sats have each got 4kg lighter.

I think it's probably an extra 250kg for Falcon9. 17.05t to LEO and 63 sats at once is seriously impressive!

https://directory.eoportal.org/web/eoportal/satellite-missions/s/skysat

Edited by RCgothic

Additional confirmation that Static Fire of SN4 is delayed to Thursday:

And OCISLY and JRTI2 are both deployed together for the first time ever. OCISLY is going down-range to catch Starlink B1049.5 and JRTI2 is conducting sea trials.

Practice for the side-booster ASDS FH mission later in the year! 

Edited by RCgothic