[1.12.x] Trajectories v2.4.5 (2023-08-22) : atmospheric predictions

Kobymaru

Does KSRSS support Trajectories at all?? I'm looking thru my log and have found nothing. I've tried almost every fix I can think of and yet the mod still acts like it's not even installed. I'm starting to get very frustrated, so here is my gamedata folder for anybody that can find something. I would sharemy log too, but Google Drive and Onedrive are refusing to let me upload it.

Spoiler

R9NNvFT.png

Edited by Toaster355

21 hours ago, Toaster355 said:

I'm worried I might have to do this too, because I've installed the mod and nothing shows up in game. Not the modded trajectory, not the toolbar button, not anything.
Is there any other way I can troubleshoot than having to reinstall every mod I have? I could probably look at another install on my PC that runs trajectories just fine

Please keep in mind that I am not the maintainer of this mod.

That being said, no logs, no support

Include the ModuleManager.configcache, please

Edited by linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please keep in mind that I am not the maintainer of this mod.

That being said, no logs, no support

Include the ModuleManager.configcache, please

ok, drive finally let me upload my log 

log - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HyQiYJNwg_t5BQrUw5FJSDA6FpOeGDO9/view?usp=sharing
configcache - https://drive.google.com/file/d/18tLHqv7C_0oZzGEFa8sDkYc9R7VD1QQW/view?usp=sharing

sorry for getting a little snippy

47 minutes ago, Toaster355 said:

I see you have the Blizzy toolbar installed.  Is it possible that you have it set to use the Blizzy toolbar, and haven't activated it on that yet?

I believe that is the default behaviour of the mod.  if so, then you need to click the down arrow on the toolbar to configure the visible buttons

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I see you have the Blizzy toolbar installed.  Is it possible that you have it set to use the Blizzy toolbar, and haven't activated it on that yet?

I believe that is the default behaviour of the mod.  if so, then you need to click the down arrow on the toolbar to configure the visible buttons

Which down arrow? This is the only one I could find

Fhe34mX.png

Also how do I change what toolbar it's set to?

3 hours ago, Toaster355 said:

Which down arrow? This is the only one I could find

Fhe34mX.png

Also how do I change what toolbar it's set to?

This one:

5BDaq24.png

Click the little arrow at the right to get this:

QZTQJlr.png

and then click the top line to get this display:

zeyAGZz.png

To change it to use the stock toolbar (this mod is not using the ToolbarController at this time), click the button and it will open up the Trajectories window, you can then change the settings, uncheck the toggle at the top of the settings window

33 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This one:

5BDaq24.png

Click the little arrow at the right to get this:

QZTQJlr.png

and then click the top line to get this display:

zeyAGZz.png

To change it to use the stock toolbar (this mod is not using the ToolbarController at this time), click the button and it will open up the Trajectories window, you can then change the settings, uncheck the toggle at the top of the settings window

Ohhh okay sorry
But sadly trajectories isn't in the "Configure Visible Buttons" tab either

10 hours ago, Toaster355 said:

Ohhh okay sorry
But sadly trajectories isn't in the "Configure Visible Buttons" tab either

Sorry for jumping in uninvited ... I just noticed this is what your log says:

[LOG 14:17:32.951] [Trajectories] v2.4.3 Starting
[LOG 14:17:32.963] [Trajectories] Loading settings
[ERR 14:17:32.975] [Trajectories] Error: Loading config: System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.

And here's what mine says:

[LOG 23:41:35.894] [Trajectories] v2.4.3 Starting
[LOG 23:41:35.901] [Trajectories] Loading settings
[LOG 23:41:36.054] [Trajectories] Using KSP stock toolbar

Every single time Trajectories tries to load its settings you're getting this:

[LOG 14:17:32.963] [Trajectories] Loading settings
[ERR 14:17:32.975] [Trajectories] Error: Loading config: System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw (System.Exception e) [0x00027] in <1d98d70bb7d8453b80c25aa561fdecd1>:0 
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo (System.String res) [0x00017] in <1d98d70bb7d8453b80c25aa561fdecd1>:0 
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent () [0x0035d] in <1d98d70bb7d8453b80c25aa561fdecd1>:0 
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read () [0x0008c] in <1d98d70bb7d8453b80c25aa561fdecd1>:0 
  at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load (System.Xml.XmlDocument doc, System.Xml.XmlReader reader, System.Boolean preserveWhitespace) [0x000a6] in <1d98d70bb7d8453b80c25aa561fdecd1>:0 
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x0002e] in <1d98d70bb7d8453b80c25aa561fdecd1>:0 
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load (System.String filename) [0x00013] in <1d98d70bb7d8453b80c25aa561fdecd1>:0 
  at KSP.IO.PluginConfiguration.load () [0x0006a] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0 
  at Trajectories.Settings.Load () [0x00072] in <f3d07aa3ca24425db4dec3b56b8c6642>:0 

Maybe LGG knows what causes that, but this seems like the reason why the button isn't showing up.

I think the file it's trying to load is gamedata/trajectories/plugin/plugindata/trajectories/config.xml, as that's the only XML file within the trajectories folder.

Hope something here helps!

I've done a bit of research, the error that @OrbitalManeuverspointed out could be caused by an invalid xml file.

The file is in: 

GameData\Trajectories\Plugin\PluginData\Trajectories\config.xml

and the  contents would look something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config>
    <bool name="UseBlizzyToolbar">1</bool>
    <bool name="DisplayTrajectories">1</bool>
    <bool name="DisplayTrajectoriesInFlight">0</bool>
    <bool name="AlwaysUpdate">0</bool>
    <bool name="DisplayCompleteTrajectory">0</bool>
    <bool name="BodyFixedMode">0</bool>
    <bool name="AutoUpdateAeroDynamicModel">1</bool>
    <bool name="MainGUIEnabled">0</bool>
    <vector2 name="MainGUIWindowPos">
        <x>0.5</x>
        <y>0.5</y>
    </vector2>
    <int name="MainGUICurrentPage">0</int>
    <double name="IntegrationStepSize">2</double>
    <int name="MaxPatchCount">4</int>
    <int name="MaxFramesPerPatch">15</int>
    <bool name="UseCache">1</bool>
    <bool name="DefaultDescentIsRetro">1</bool>
    <bool name="EnableDisplayTrajectoryHotKeyMod">1</bool>
    <keycode name="DisplayTrajectoryHotKeyMod">LeftAlt</keycode>
    <keycode name="DisplayTrajectoryHotKey">T</keycode>
    <bool name="EnableMainGUIHotKeyMod">1</bool>
    <keycode name="MainGUIHotKeyMod">RightAlt</keycode>
    <keycode name="MainGUIHotKey">T</keycode>
</config>

If the file is there, then just delete it and try the game again (although I would be interested in seeing what was in it)

Hi all,

I've been in contact with @Kobymaru, and am going to be adopting this.

I have a beta available which fixes the issue which has bedeviled some people recently.

It's available here:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KSPTrajectories/releases/tag/2.4.5

Manual download and install for now, will update CKAN once some other people have tested and verified

Changes I have made are:

• Replaced toolbar button code with the ToolbarController (replaced about 1000 lines of code)
  • Fixed stock icon being badly formatted
  • Removed Blizzy toolbar option from settings
  • Fixed test of invalid config xml file, now recovers properly from bad file
  • French translation updated
  • Changed directory structure of source
  • Renamed Plugin directory to Plugins
  • Default behaviour for toolbar button now defaults to the stock toolbar
  • Method of controlling which toolbar has the button now controlled by the ToolbarController
  • Moved textures into PluginData directory
  • Downgrade code where it was using Null-coalescing operators

For anyone interested, my build server is using a slightly older version of the language, so I had to modify the code where it was using a null-coalescing operator.  No changes to functionality or speed.

This version now requires the ToolbarController, please install it if you don't have it already installed

NOTE:  You MUST REMOVE the old install before installing this beta

Edited by linuxgurugamer

25 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hi all,

I have a beta available which fixes the issue which has bedeviled some people recently.

It's available here:

Manual download and install for now, will update CKAN once some other people have tested and verified

I'll give it a go later tonight :) let you know if I run into issues.

On 8/20/2023 at 12:40 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I've done a bit of research, the error that @OrbitalManeuverspointed out could be caused by an invalid xml file.

The file is in: 

GameData\Trajectories\Plugin\PluginData\Trajectories\config.xml

and the  contents would look something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config>
    <bool name="UseBlizzyToolbar">1</bool>
    <bool name="DisplayTrajectories">1</bool>
    <bool name="DisplayTrajectoriesInFlight">0</bool>
    <bool name="AlwaysUpdate">0</bool>
    <bool name="DisplayCompleteTrajectory">0</bool>
    <bool name="BodyFixedMode">0</bool>
    <bool name="AutoUpdateAeroDynamicModel">1</bool>
    <bool name="MainGUIEnabled">0</bool>
    <vector2 name="MainGUIWindowPos">
        <x>0.5</x>
        <y>0.5</y>
    </vector2>
    <int name="MainGUICurrentPage">0</int>
    <double name="IntegrationStepSize">2</double>
    <int name="MaxPatchCount">4</int>
    <int name="MaxFramesPerPatch">15</int>
    <bool name="UseCache">1</bool>
    <bool name="DefaultDescentIsRetro">1</bool>
    <bool name="EnableDisplayTrajectoryHotKeyMod">1</bool>
    <keycode name="DisplayTrajectoryHotKeyMod">LeftAlt</keycode>
    <keycode name="DisplayTrajectoryHotKey">T</keycode>
    <bool name="EnableMainGUIHotKeyMod">1</bool>
    <keycode name="MainGUIHotKeyMod">RightAlt</keycode>
    <keycode name="MainGUIHotKey">T</keycode>
</config>

If the file is there, then just delete it and try the game again (although I would be interested in seeing what was in it)

IT WORKEDDDDDD
Thank you so much mate, here's the file you wanted to see: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1usdLpOm-Vay3q0jHAChiQQ7y3dMqBG5g/view?usp=sharing

Sorry I haven't responded till now :(

11 hours ago, Toaster355 said:

IT WORKEDDDDDD
Thank you so much mate, here's the file you wanted to see: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1usdLpOm-Vay3q0jHAChiQQ7y3dMqBG5g/view?usp=sharing

Sorry I haven't responded till now :(

Thanks, but I dont' need it now, especially since you confirmed the beta fixed the problem

I'm just waiting for access to Spacedock before doing the official adoption

@linuxgurugamerDid you make a change to the interaction with the toolbar icon during flight? I'm not sure if any of your change comments specifically mean this change or not, so I thought I'd check to be sure. On my machine ...

Previously (2.4.3), left-icon-click would toggle the dialog visibility, and right-icon-click would do nothing.

In your build, left-icon-click toggles the "Show trajectory" option regardless of whether the dialog is visible or not, and right-icon-click toggles the visibility of the dialog.

I actually 100% prefer this behavior. The main reason to open the dialog was to toggle this option, so this change makes that way easier.  Is this part of "Replaced toolbar button code with the ToolbarController (replaced about 1000 lines of code)" ?

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

@linuxgurugamerDid you make a change to the interaction with the toolbar icon during flight? I'm not sure if any of your change comments specifically mean this change or not, so I thought I'd check to be sure. On my machine ...

Previously (2.4.3), left-icon-click would toggle the dialog visibility, and right-icon-click would do nothing.

In your build, left-icon-click toggles the "Show trajectory" option regardless of whether the dialog is visible or not, and right-icon-click toggles the visibility of the dialog.

I actually 100% prefer this behavior. The main reason to open the dialog was to toggle this option, so this change makes that way easier.  Is this part of "Replaced toolbar button code with the ToolbarController (replaced about 1000 lines of code)" ?

Might be a fortuitous mistake.  I thought I had done it the same way, looks like I might have gotten it reversed

4 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I actually 100% prefer this behavior. The main reason to open the dialog was to toggle this option,

I agree. There is a key option to do this...

## v2.4.2 for KSP 1.8 to 1.12.x
 - 2021-09-07

### Changes since the last release

- Added hotkeys to show/hide the GUI (RightAlt+T) and to show/hide the Trajectory (LeftAlt+T),
    default keys can be changed by editing the config.xml file.

... but I didn't use it because T also toggles SAS for me (and I didn't bother editing the config file). With v.2.4.5 LBM and leftAlt+T toggles trajectory; RBM and rightAlt+T toggles GUI

Actually I wish more mods were set up this way, like this suggestion for Waypoint Manager.

On 8/22/2023 at 6:29 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Hi all,

It's available here:

Changes I have made are:

• Replaced toolbar button code with the ToolbarController (replaced about 1000 lines of code)
  • Fixed stock icon being badly formatted
  • Removed Blizzy toolbar option from settings
  • Fixed test of invalid config xml file, now recovers properly from bad file
  • French translation updated
  • Changed directory structure of source
  • Renamed Plugin directory to Plugins
  • Default behaviour for toolbar button now defaults to the stock toolbar
  • Method of controlling which toolbar has the button now controlled by the ToolbarController
  • Moved textures into PluginData directory
  • Downgrade code where it was using Null-coalescing operators

For anyone interested, my build server is using a slightly older version of the language, so I had to modify the code where it was using a null-coalescing operator.  No changes to functionality or speed.

This version now requires the ToolbarController, please install it if you don't have it already installed

NOTE:  You MUST REMOVE the old install before installing this beta

Tbh I would of liked to be informed of this ?

My bad just found your PM 

Edited by PiezPiedPy

On 8/27/2023 at 10:04 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Ummm, I just tested 2.4.3, the right-click showed the dialog and left click toggles the Show Trajectory.

However, I'm putting in an option to swap that, if anyone so desires

58 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, I just tested 2.4.3, the right-click showed the dialog and left click toggles the Show Trajectory.

Huh, that absolutely does not happen for me. Left click shows the dialog, and right click does nothing. In fact, when you click the Show Trajectory option (when the dialog is open) the icon swaps to a colored one. Right click doesn't enable the option nor swap the icon. I have confirmed this in 2 separate installs. *shrugs*

In any event, this whole conversation started because this DOES work in your new version, so I'll be updating all my installs to your new build anyway :) 

Thanks again for your work on this mod!

Hi, there's a problem with the newest version of Trajectories v2.4.5, where it's locking out the mouse when the mouse is occupying the same location as the GUI, despite the GUI being toggled off. I noticed this because whenever I created a maneuver node and zoom out a bit, the node would auto collapse when the mouse was over it. I can see in the input locks on the debug screen that TrajectoriesGUILockout is active whenever the mouse is over the same spot as the hidden GUI.

T3X14yH.png

Video examples of the issue:

https://streamable.com/xcps99

and

https://streamable.com/mtz4g6

Edited by UltraJohn

19 minutes ago, UltraJohn said:

Hi, there's a problem with the newest version of Trajectories v2.4.5, where it's locking out the mouse when the mouse is occupying the same location as the GUI, despite the GUI being toggled off. I noticed this because whenever I created a maneuver node and zoom out a bit, the node would auto collapse when the mouse was over it. I can see in the input locks on the debug screen that TrajectoriesGUILockout is active whenever the mouse is over the same spot as the hidden GUI.

T3X14yH.png

Video examples of the issue:

https://streamable.com/xcps99

and

https://streamable.com/mtz4g6

That's very odd, the mod is not using the ClickThroughBlocker, it only uses dialogs.  I'll look into it.

I need to check, I'm not sure it should eve

LGG

Edit:  I've been able to reproduce this, will look at it this evening

What's really odd is that it only seems to be the area of the left half part of the dialog, not the right

Edited by linuxgurugamer