Kerbalized SpaceX

8 hours ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

i'll get the new update immediately! Now if only it was on CKAN.

I wont say I'm not, but I doubt it will be coming out on CKAN any time soon. Mainly because I really don't even know what CKAN is. I have a basic idea, but I have never used it. Maybe sometime around Christmas. after this school semester ends, I will have the free time to look into what it would take to get it on CKAN. If it is something easy I wouldn't have a problem doing it now. The problem is I will need to go learn how it works, and right now I would prefer to spend my free time learning how to improve the content of this mod. If all else fails, when I finish this mod, I will definitely make a effort to put it on CKAN. Which, honestly I don't think is to far off at this point. Once the IVA's and boosters are complete that will be about it. Plus, I'm ready to start working on some of my own ideas, if the "spacebug" doesn't make that readily apparent.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

12 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Okay guys, new update is out. I have a lot of studying to do so ill see you guys in a few days. Have Fun!

roughly when do you plan to start work on making boosters?

Also thanks for welcoming me!

3 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

after this school semester ends, I will have the free time to look into what it would take to get it on CKAN. If it is something easy I wouldn't have a problem doing it now. The problem is I will need to go learn how it works

Would you like some help? I wrote some metadata that I think would work. I could submit it with your permission.

14 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Would you like some help? I wrote some metadata that I think would work. I could submit it with your permission.

Sure, that would awesome. You have my permission.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

2 hours ago, mrtagnan said:

roughly when do you plan to start work on making boosters?

Also thanks for welcoming me!

As soon as I can. The BFR lower stage will be coming first. I also want to re-do the engines. I quickly made those to work as a temporary standin until I decide the final configuration for the BFR. The IVA's for all the pods will come next. Then I will do the rest of the boosters. I am making the boosters last because there are already a lot of great mods out there that you can use to make them, Or what ever else you want for that matter. I personally use SpaceY/SpaceY expanded, Fuel Tanks Plus, Kerbal reusability expanded, and tweakscale. Space X launchers pack for replicas.

@HebaruSan Thanks! Ill check it out.

1 hour ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

I have a suggestion:
You should make the blue textures (e.g. windows, solar panels, etc.) on the command modules and the trunk a little darker so it fits more with stock and easier on the eyes. It currently stands out a little too much for me.

The trunk is something I have been meaning to re-texture for awhile, so, yes, I can cut the blue slightly on it. One of the trunks are already textured with the stock solar panels. I have an animated trunk that is meant to remove the dependency on nearfuture solar, that is currently not released. With that said, I doubt I will be going as far back to change the textures on all the windows. That would require a significant amount of time. If you have any suggestions for some of the things that I will be working on soon, I am open ears. 

32 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

The pull request has been merged, which means it should be installable via CKAN now.

Cool. Thanks. Ill give you a shout out on the first page for getting it on there. Thanks Again.

26 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

does the bfr have a cargo bay of some sort?

No, but it has a crap load of KIS space, if you use that mod. Or it should atleast. I intend on building a cargo version. I was debating checking out the plugin from the hangars mod for that (not sure of its licensing). Not sure if I should go that direction or just more KIS space. Generally, you would make a second part for the cargo. to my knowledge there is no part in KSP that is a command pod, probe core, cargo bay, fuel tank, and lander. That's not saying It couldn't be done.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

could you, when making the cargo version, make two sets of cargo and fuel tanks, small tankage/cargo, large tankage/cargo. that way, depending on what one wishes to put up, there's a means of doing so? say someone wants to put up a docking node that has 6 ports, or wishes to ferry a small capsule with retro package up....

also, dont forget the cargo doors, ones that preferably slide out of the way rather than open like petals and stick out in all kinds of hard to work around ways?

one more request, remote control or accomodation for at least a two kerbal flight crew?

Edited by RaiderMan

1 hour ago, RaiderMan said:

could you, when making the cargo version, make two sets of cargo and fuel tanks, small tankage/cargo, large tankage/cargo. that way, depending on what one wishes to put up, there's a means of doing so? say someone wants to put up a docking node that has 6 ports, or wishes to ferry a small capsule with retro package up....

also, dont forget the cargo doors, ones that preferably slide out of the way rather than open like petals and stick out in all kinds of hard to work around ways?

one more request, remote control or accomodation for at least a two kerbal flight crew?

Why would you need two different versions? If there is a cargo bay, and you want extra fuel, you can put it in there. If you don't want extra fuel and would like to carry cargo, fill it with cargo. The whole idea behind SpaceX making this version is to act as a "one size fits all". Now, if you are talking about breaking the ship into pieces, that is likely off the table. I like how I currently have the aerodynamics model set up, which wasn't to difficult considering it is all just one ship. To make the ship function correctly, being in several different pieces, would be a nightmare as the physics would be spread over multiple parts, instead of just one. But as I said, It does contain a huge amount of KIS space. Could be way to much, or way  to little. I will have to run some test to figure all of that out in the near future. Honestly, I only remembered to add the configs right before release, so I just took an educated guess on a big number:/

DK3e_P9UEAEECnC.jpg

Edited by harrisjosh2711

ok...that makes sense.

could you instead do the sliding cargo bay door thing? something that can slide along the hull, out of the way as it were?

the entire idea here is to if possible, emulate the space shuttle, given there are precisely zero RELIABLE shuttle mods/parts available that I've been able to find thus far.

you can say no, but, as you've said in the past, if one wishes to see an idea possibly incorporated, then one must post it whilst the vehicle is still in development.

37 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

ok...that makes sense.

could you instead do the sliding cargo bay door thing? something that can slide along the hull, out of the way as it were?

Maybe, but I doubt it. I kinda like the clamping cargo bay. I think it will be unique to KSP, never seen anything like it really.

38 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

you can say no, but, as you've said in the past, if one wishes to see an idea possibly incorporated, then one must post it whilst the vehicle is still in development.

I love suggestions! I will think on it. The mod needs a few more service modules, perhaps I could make something like it in the future. I'm just not really sure how I can incorporate it with the "BFR" considering the one ship design. Not without making some sort of an extension, which doesn't really make sense in my mind. 

I have an idea, while I want this BFR to follow that design. I am very much leaning towards a 3.75 version of the BFR. Perhaps this could be the cargo bay for it. 

I have an idea. Instead of making the nose cone shroud integrated onto the Dragon, why not make it a separate part, so it's easier to use, more compatible, and you could change it separately too. Also, maybe you can have an aerodynamic- longer version, and the blunt, current version as separate parts, adding more flexibility. This was my original idea for my own yet to exist mod, but you can use it.

28 minutes ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

I have an idea. Instead of making the nose cone shroud integrated onto the Dragon, why not make it a separate part, so it's easier to use, more compatible, and you could change it separately too. Also, maybe you can have an aerodynamic- longer version, and the blunt, current version as separate parts, adding more flexibility. This was my original idea for my own yet to exist mod, but you can use it.

I'm confused. The Dragon doesn't have an integrated nosecone. Which pod are you talking about, the V2?

Also, I'm sure you seen, but the mod should now be available via CKAN

Edited by harrisjosh2711

Referring to the V2's nosecone that opens up.

No, the J-505 V2 will be keeping its nose cone. I would be willing to do it to the other version. That actually sounds like a good idea. The only issue is I'm planning on moving the older V2 to a 2.5m command pod. That will leave everyone with a 3.75m and 2.5m Dragon1 & Dragon2 command pods. Also, I'm not actually going to remove the nosecone, There just wont be anything under it so you an put what you would like.

Edited by harrisjosh2711