ULA launch and discussion thread

tater

1 minute ago, mikegarrison said:

Color me completely unsurprised that Musk has a history of donating to Republicans, but those are pretty small numbers compared to what big donors kick in (and also compared to his net worth).

He has a history of donating to Democrats as well,  it simply didn't fit the agenda the mails were pushing so it was omitted. About every large company has a history of donating to both parties at the same time, usually with a focus to the one currently in charge

2 hours ago, Beccab said:

He has a history of donating to Democrats as well,  it simply didn't fit the agenda the mails were pushing so it was omitted. About every large company has a history of donating to both parties at the same time, usually with a focus to the one currently in charge

IIRC, Elon has specifically talked about the fact that he donates similar low amounts to high-ranking politicians on both sides of the aisle.

1 hour ago, sevenperforce said:

IIRC, Elon has specifically talked about the fact that he donates similar low amounts to high-ranking politicians on both sides of the aisle.

Unsurprising as he runs businesses in CA and TX.

11 hours ago, DDE said:

They didn't bother to, or didn't know how to, put margins onto the table pasted from Excel

True hackers despise the proprietary Excel. Have you tried table formatting in the free Open/Libre Office?

They had...

6 hours ago, tater said:

Unsurprising as he runs businesses in CA and TX.

The regional team losing the weekly competition, donates.

https://spacenews.com/space-force-launch-director-on-vulcan-and-be-4-we-have-to-be-very-focused-from-here-on-out/
Most of it is just what Tory already said, but this quote is a bit more critical than usual

"The delays [of the BE-4] are due to a multitude of reasons, some of them reasonable for development programs, some of them not as reasonable"

Keep it on-topic, please. And if somebody annoys you, please set that person to ignore rather than clutter up threads with posts telling that person not to clutter up threads. 

A number of posts have been removed. 

My best friend’s dad worked on landsat9, and he’s down in Cali today to watch the launch. The two of us (his dad and I) geek out over space a lot, my friend however....he doesn’t quite get it.

He likes to drive his dad crazy by calling the solar panels ‘solar wings’ and asking if the sat stays in orbit by flapping its ‘wings’. Heh.

3 minutes ago, Lewie said:

My best friend’s dad worked on landsat9, and he’s down in Cali today to watch the launch. The two of us (his dad and I) geek out over space a lot, my friend however....he doesn’t quite get it.

He likes to drive his dad crazy by calling the solar panels ‘solar wings’ and asking if the sat stays in orbit by flapping its ‘wings’. Heh.

Thems the fightin' words!

At least his dad has a buddy with whom he can wax poetically about space. When I'm geeking over something awesome and space related, my family usually tells me to keep it down and not yell too loud. Hmph.

:sad:

26 minutes ago, Scotius said:

At least his dad has a buddy with whom he can wax poetically about space. When I'm geeking over something awesome and space related, my family usually tells me to keep it down and not yell too loud. Hmph.

My sister celebrates the fireworks. She enjoyed the Starship testing.