6 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Can we use the new bda beta? seems like much more balanced combat will come from that. Plus much more skill based ships which will finally allow me and MiffedStarfish to utilize our hulls properly :D

Sure. I'll download it today

4 hours ago, Eidahlil said:

The only sad part is that I haven't found a way to nicely beat @Earthlinger's challenge in dev:

Lol me neither. I tried sending swarms of strafing drones, but they always get torn up or blown to pieces. I can defeat the base with a single corvette, but that's because of the lasers, so it doesn't really count much.

Maybe with an improvised ICBM.....

On 12/18/2017 at 5:22 PM, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

@Earthlinger so my huge @$$ PTB wont work, so i make it smaller
sauce : https://kerbalx.com/dimas_1502/sm0l-PTB

Okay, so I ran 3 battles with @[INDO]dimas_1502's PTB's (patrol boats?). The results were more or less the same with all three fights. Unfortunately, I still don't have a video editor, so the battles were 'recorded' with screenshots: (these are of the first battle I ran)

Spoiler

Size comparison: (The bigger boat is mine)

kDc30X.png

Starting distances were 15 km.

The PTB's engage in formation: (Well, technically.......The AI wasn't firing the torpedoes for some reason, so I ran my frigate on the AI pilot and controlled the PTB's myself. Hope no one minds....)

moPGwG.png

The frigate remains oblivious of the threat for several minutes, and even turns around a couple of times. Nevertheless, the PTB's adjust their course and speed on, though they risk being outrun by the Frigate's superior speed of 50 m/s:

vKYXTP.png

At 8 km, the frigate finally notices the danger and fires off a warning shot.

dFZt10.png

A near miss - the PTB's are too low sunk and small for the Abrams cannons to hit:

9mrJYE.png

Despite the relative lack of danger, however, Singrid Kerman is not at all pleased with her position at the tip of the formation.

ib6zop.png

As I mentioned previously, the PTB's weren't firing (Idk why). Since the threat of being hit by the frigate was relatively low, and since I don't know how to aim torpedoes, I decided to wait until the chain guns could engage. However, at 4 km, I manually fired about a dozen torpedoes.

cSPnNN.pngujhqaJ.png

The frigate, as expected, stopped firing at the PTB's and instead swung around it's Oerlikon's to shoot down the torpedoes.

Very dumb :D

At 2.5 km, the chain guns powered up, and the PTB's began to fire

m2Vr5i.png

You can see the frigate's guns pointing backwards:

LPkvcL.png

After one of the engines was hit and blown up, the frigate finally caught on and noticed the PTB's. It fired off a single volley. At such close proximity, the cannon shell easily found it's mark and ripped through the smaller craft:

3PmFQr.png

Sadly, the frigate exploded before it could target a second PTB

sjn5RC.pngIMshKL.png5XR0xg.png

So the victory here goes to @[INDO]dimas_1502 and his Sm0l PTB's :)

Fighting the frigate without the torpedoes as a distraction resulted in the PTB's being ripped to pieces by the Oerlikon's and Abrams cannons around the 2.5-3.5 km range.

Here's a bonus pic of the four ships passing by each other, in an alternate reality where they didn't fight :D

PTamLg.png

Edited by Earthlinger

53 minutes ago, Eidahlil said:

Well, I managed a stalemate with both sides out of ammo. 192 parts on the attacking side.

Oh, you can forget about the part limit I had originally set. It's too low, I think :D

@Eidahlil 6:34 "Fire everything you have left!" :D

Very impressive though :) I think that merits a victory

Edited by Earthlinger

2 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

omg yes

Something small and hard to hit

Maybe one of the 1.25m probe cores, a single rtg, some ammo, and the 50 cal

7 parts, including the parachute. My computer could probably handle fifteen without lagging

Edited by Earthlinger

2 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

I wonder if dropping 'paratroopers' would work. Like, flying a plane above the base and dropping drones outfitted with parachutes and armed with turrets

2 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

omg yes

That was exactly my reaction too! :D

I don't have a strategic bomber either, but I'm a more of a ballistic delivery kind of guy anyway. Though a bomber might be more precise with my shoddy piloting. I may have overdone the last attempt to the extent that my KSP crashed, but at least I got to scream "NO KILL LIKE OVERKILL!!!".

Warning, the video ends abruptly. Because, as mentioned, KSP crashed. :D

9 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Okay, so I ran 3 battles with @[INDO]dimas_1502's PTB's (patrol boats?). The results were more or less the same with all three fights. Unfortunately, I still don't have a video editor, so the battles were 'recorded' with screenshots: (these are of the first battle I ran)

Reveal hidden contents

Size comparison: (The bigger boat is mine)

kDc30X.png

Starting distances were 15 km.

The PTB's engage in formation: (Well, technically.......The AI wasn't firing the torpedoes for some reason, so I ran my frigate on the AI pilot and controlled the PTB's myself. Hope no one minds....)

moPGwG.png

The frigate remains oblivious of the threat for several minutes, and even turns around a couple of times. Nevertheless, the PTB's adjust their course and speed on, though they risk being outrun by the Frigate's superior speed of 50 m/s:

vKYXTP.png

At 8 km, the frigate finally notices the danger and fires off a warning shot.

dFZt10.png

A near miss - the PTB's are too low sunk and small for the Abrams cannons to hit:

9mrJYE.png

Despite the relative lack of danger, however, Singrid Kerman is not at all pleased with her position at the tip of the formation.

ib6zop.png

As I mentioned previously, the PTB's weren't firing (Idk why). Since the threat of being hit by the frigate was relatively low, and since I don't know how to aim torpedoes, I decided to wait until the chain guns could engage. However, at 4 km, I manually fired about a dozen torpedoes.

cSPnNN.pngujhqaJ.png

The frigate, as expected, stopped firing at the PTB's and instead swung around it's Oerlikon's to shoot down the torpedoes.

Very dumb :D

At 2.5 km, the chain guns powered up, and the PTB's began to fire

m2Vr5i.png

You can see the frigate's guns pointing backwards:

LPkvcL.png

After one of the engines was hit and blown up, the frigate finally caught on and noticed the PTB's. It fired off a single volley. At such close proximity, the cannon shell easily found it's mark and ripped through the smaller craft:

3PmFQr.png

Sadly, the frigate exploded before it could target a second PTB

sjn5RC.pngIMshKL.png5XR0xg.png

So the victory here goes to @[INDO]dimas_1502 and his Sm0l PTB's :)

Fighting the frigate without the torpedoes as a distraction resulted in the PTB's being ripped to pieces by the Oerlikon's and Abrams cannons around the 2.5-3.5 km range.

Here's a bonus pic of the four ships passing by each other, in an alternate reality where they didn't fight :D

PTamLg.png

ayy look at these cuties destroying a bigger drone ship..
btw why don't you get bandicam? the free version had 10 min recording limit, enough for recording battles

5 hours ago, Eidahlil said:

I don't have a strategic bomber either, but I'm a more of a ballistic delivery kind of guy anyway. Though a bomber might be more precise with my shoddy piloting. I may have overdone the last attempt to the extent that my KSP crashed, but at least I got to scream "NO KILL LIKE OVERKILL!!!".

:confused:

Dropping them from a rocket was....interesting. I had been planning on flying over with a plane and decoupling them one by one over the span of ten seconds or something. But your method seems more effective :D

3 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

btw why don't you get bandicam? the free version had 10 min recording limit, enough for recording battles

I don't have video editing software :/

I'll get one soon lol

3 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

It's no longer supported

That does not mean it no longer works, I use it without any problems. You'll just have to spend a minute longer to google up a live download. :)

You'll want to search for "Windows Live Essentials 2012"; I think the cnet download should be fine, but you can drop it into virustotal after downloading just to be sure.

Alternatively, youtube has a few tools integrated (click "edit video" under the video after uploading it and then "enhancements"), such as trimming out parts of the video, and speeding it all up, though I find the movie maker a better experience.

3 hours ago, Eidahlil said:

You'll want to search for "Windows Live Essentials 2012"; I think the cnet download should be fine, but you can drop it into virustotal after downloading just to be sure.

Nope, didn't work :(

I did manage to find a decent program called Shotcut though. It's not as good as WMM, but once I get used to it's interface, I'm sure it'll be okay. I'mma see if I can get a cinematic done over the winter break :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.