[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

On 8/19/2023 at 4:04 PM, DanBMan said:

Is there a way to get the IVAs to use RPM / MoarDV? Maybe I am getting confused with a different one, but I remember this mod used to be compatible with it?

You might be confusing this mod with Near Future Spacecraft, wich i remember having RPM IVAs

Whew. That was quite a long and difficult bit of steering, but I managed to get two base sections connected. First time I've ever attempted it, and the first time I ever succeeded at it. The second section is power bank, Laboratory, and Hydroponic Farm.

9HeY0Yw.jpg

Still under construction. I plan to remove the engines and wheels, maybe bring the original small Science outpost over and hook them up. I still need some scientists for this thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a whole lot confused.

I tried to launch a station with a centrifuge module, and it won't deploy because it says I need something called "Material Kits".

I googled "KSP Material Kits" and found out they come from another mod called MKS.

I don't have MKS.  I don't WANT MKS, because it comes with a lot of things in which I have no interest.  Your mod doesn't say that it depends on MKS (if it did, I wouldn't have installed it!).  Is it supposed to be asking me for stuff from MKS if I don't have MKS?  Because if so, I might as well uninstall it.

3 hours ago, Stormwalker said:

I tried to launch a station with a centrifuge module, and it won't deploy because it says I need something called "Material Kits".

I googled "KSP Material Kits" and found out they come from another mod called MKS.

I don't have MKS.  I don't WANT MKS, because it comes with a lot of things in which I have no interest.  Your mod doesn't say that it depends on MKS (if it did, I wouldn't have installed it!).  Is it supposed to be asking me for stuff from MKS if I don't have MKS?  Because if so, I might as well uninstall it.

Log?

5 hours ago, Stormwalker said:

It doesn’t depend on MKS. Some other mod you have must be patching it somehow. But without logs we can’t tell what it might be.

On 4/26/2022 at 12:46 AM, Nanderson423 said:

I am also running into this problem, but it is even worse than MrOnak's (or he has the same thing and hasnt noticed). Using the Food/Mineral options does seems to do nothing when focused on the ship/station. However, much worse than that is if you have either running while focused on something else, then the stations food consumption skyrockets. I switched to another craft for 10 minutes and lost 3.5 days of food. Everything else calculates normally, but the food just goes insane when using either of those. I have tested it both on the 2.5 hydroponics and the cupola with the same results.

CdKhHWb.pngh9Rlx6x.png

I've run into this as well (also, first ever forum post, so I'm not sure what I need to do in terms of add info on my mods/logs).

I did a bunch of calculations for a 6-kerbal manned Duna mission (my first manned interplanetary mission).  I included two PXL-RANCH hydroponics modules, TACLS 3.75 supplies and waste containers, and a 3.75m water container, since I noticed that even through the two hydroponics modules should balance 6 Kerbals in waste/oxygen, the water cost is nonzero. 

So this thing should be essentially self sufficient, and I tested the design in an experimental game my magicking it our to Duna with hypereedit and then time warping for a very long time (~ 1 year) and watched the food supply remain stable.

But in my main game, where I don't have the focus on my ship, the food consumption goes haywire and I got a low-food warning after 18d en route.  When full, TACLS says I have enough food for ~2y21d, but after 18d in flight I was down to 87d.

I looks like Nanderson423 reported this over a year ago, but I don't see any responses.  Is this a known issue?

5 hours ago, bdleitner said:

I've run into this as well (also, first ever forum post, so I'm not sure what I need to do in terms of add info on my mods/logs).

I did a bunch of calculations for a 6-kerbal manned Duna mission (my first manned interplanetary mission).  I included two PXL-RANCH hydroponics modules, TACLS 3.75 supplies and waste containers, and a 3.75m water container, since I noticed that even through the two hydroponics modules should balance 6 Kerbals in waste/oxygen, the water cost is nonzero. 

So this thing should be essentially self sufficient, and I tested the design in an experimental game my magicking it our to Duna with hypereedit and then time warping for a very long time (~ 1 year) and watched the food supply remain stable.

But in my main game, where I don't have the focus on my ship, the food consumption goes haywire and I got a low-food warning after 18d en route.  When full, TACLS says I have enough food for ~2y21d, but after 18d in flight I was down to 87d.

I looks like Nanderson423 reported this over a year ago, but I don't see any responses.  Is this a known issue?

Seems likely to be a bug in TACLS not SSPX.  Interesting… https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/issues/112

On 9/17/2023 at 12:14 AM, Stormwalker said:

You have at least one of RoverDude's mods installed, which means you have MKS, or at least part of it. If you look in the configuration options for your save game, you should see a checkbox for MKS somewhere in there that you can uncheck - or uninstall RoverDude's mod. Alternatively, you can go into GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches and delete the "SSPXR-MKS-Extras.cfg" file.

7 hours ago, panarchist said:

You have at least one of RoverDude's mods installed, which means you have MKS, or at least part of it. If you look in the configuration options for your save game, you should see a checkbox for MKS somewhere in there that you can uncheck - or uninstall RoverDude's mod. Alternatively, you can go into GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches and delete the "SSPXR-MKS-Extras.cfg" file.

Thank you; this is helpful!  Next time I actually have time to play, I'll go digging and see if i can find what it is.

17 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Seems likely to be a bug in TACLS not SSPX.  Interesting… https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/issues/112

Intereseting....

From the linked issue: https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/StationPartsExpansionRedux/issues/316 it looks like setting the Mineral Siphon converter's food intake to 0 solves the problem.  So it seems (perhaps) that when away from the vessel it thinks the mineral siphon is also on?  I don't know the details of how the resource converters and TACLS would interact.  Is it possible that there's something malformed in the patches that fools the system into thinking the mineral siphon is also on when it's not?  I don't know why that would only apply when away from the vessel, though.  

In the meantime, I've taken the approach there and zeroed out the mineral siphon food intake in the config.  Since I'm not using the siphon, I think this should be a stable fix for my purposes.

On 9/19/2023 at 12:03 PM, panarchist said:

EDIT:  Found the problem, but haven't figure out how to fix it yet.

Problem is not in fact MKS (or anything by RoverDude) at all, actually.  Nor was it a mod I currently have installed.  At one point in the past I had the Global Construction mod installed, and apparently when I uninstalled it (using CKAN), some files got left behind, and those are causing this "NEED" in SSPXR-MKS-Extras.cfg to be satisfied as GroundConstruction (from the Global Construction mod) is an alternate to MKS for this requirement ( other things in MKS Extras are not being applied as the "NEED" for MKS for those items is not satisfied).

[LOG 16:30:23.837] Deleting root node in file StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-MKS-Extras node: @PART[sspx-inflatable-centrifuge-25-1]:NEEDS[MKS,!Kerbalism]:AFTER[MKS] as it can't satisfy its NEEDS

So, even though I don't have MKS, and don't have Global Construction anymore, it is apparently enough to fool ModuleManager into thinking I *do* have Global Construction.

I deleted the files that I found, but apparently that was not enough, and there is some other vestige of GlobalConstruction remaining in my install that I have to track down and remove.

EDIT 2:  Reinstalling and uninstalling Global Construction via CKAN fixed it.

Edited by Stormwalker

4 hours ago, Stormwalker said:

Problem is not in fact MKS (or anything by RoverDude) at all, actually.  Nor was it a mod I currently have installed.  At one point in the past I had the Global Construction mod installed, and apparently when I uninstalled it (using CKAN), some files got left behind, and those are causing this "NEED" in SSPXR-MKS-Extras.cfg to be satisfied as GroundConstruction (from the Global Construction mod) is an alternate to MKS for this requirement ( other things in MKS Extras are not being applied as the "NEED" for MKS for those items is not satisfied).

[LOG 16:30:23.837] Deleting root node in file StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-MKS-Extras node: @PART[sspx-inflatable-centrifuge-25-1]:NEEDS[MKS,!Kerbalism]:AFTER[MKS] as it can't satisfy its NEEDS

So, even though I don't have MKS, and don't have Global Construction anymore, it is apparently enough to fool ModuleManager into thinking I *do* have Global Construction.

I deleted the files that I found, but apparently that was not enough, and there is some other vestige of GlobalConstruction remaining in my install that I have to track down and remove.

When you uninstall a mod in CKAN, it will ask you if you want to delete any folders that were left behind (these are usually created by the mod as it runs like settings files, cached data, icon thumbnails, etc.). If you don’t tell CKAN to delete these files, it causes exactly the problem you describe.

14 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

When you uninstall a mod in CKAN, it will ask you if you want to delete any folders that were left behind (these are usually created by the mod as it runs like settings files, cached data, icon thumbnails, etc.). If you don’t tell CKAN to delete these files, it causes exactly the problem you describe.

I'm aware of that feature.  I actually went back in and manually deleted those folders (through the "Unmanaged Files" in CKAN), however, and it still didn't fix it.

But when I actually reinstalled the mod and then uninstalled it again... that did fix it.

At any rate, it's fixed, so I'm happy.

On 9/21/2023 at 2:20 PM, Stormwalker said:

Glad you were able to resolve it. Global Construction was once integrated with MKS, and like MKS it uses (or used) MaterialKits, so I'm not surprised that was the issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I'm having an issue with this mod. As I have the abpilty to use the parts, however not change them into other configurations (In short you can't take the 6 way hub and turn them into 5 way, 4 way, 4way (Planar), etc..

I'm just wondering if this is a mod causing the problems or something else..

Because in the past, I used to be able to do this, but now? Nothing...

Space_Coyote

Edited by Space_Coyote

55 minutes ago, Space_Coyote said:

Well, I'm having an issue with this mod. As I have the abpilty to use the parts, however not change them into other configurations (In short you can't take the 6 way hub and turn them into 5 way, 4 way, 4way (Planar), etc..

I'm just wondering if this is a mod causing the problems or something else..

Because in the past, I used to be able to do this, but now? Nothing...

Space_Coyote

Sounds like you might be missing B9PartSwitch, one of the dependencies.  I highly recommend using CKAN to install your mods so you can be sure that everything is installed correctly, you have all the dependencies, and there are no conflicts.

If you *did* use CKAN to install, you may have hit an issue where CKAN's registry is out of sync with what actually is installed.  This commonly happens if someone manually deletes mods from GameData without also uninstalling them in CKAN - it won't realize they're gone.  You can right-click on a mod in CKAN and select "reinstall" to fix it.  Or start over from a blank slate because it's difficult to figure out which ones are missing.

In any case, if you need help your best bet is to post your ksp.log file somewhere.

I'm having a problem with the Angled Pressurized Crew Tube when used together with FreeIVA and Connected Living Spaces (CLS). When the tube is set to 30 degrees, it seems like the IVA part used is still 90 degrees. It causes glitches in connected parts, where areas are blocked by a wall hatches are blocked. When you go into the tube, you are stuck, but can return to seat by pressing C.

On 10/29/2023 at 9:19 AM, Yarnish Kerman said:

I'm having a problem with the Angled Pressurized Crew Tube when used together with FreeIVA and Connected Living Spaces (CLS). When the tube is set to 30 degrees, it seems like the IVA part used is still 90 degrees. It causes glitches in connected parts, where areas are blocked by a wall hatches are blocked. When you go into the tube, you are stuck, but can return to seat by pressing C.

You need to install reviva in order for IVAs to switch based on b9 selection.

On 10/28/2023 at 10:58 PM, AnFa said:

What does the governor slider change in the centrifuges? It doesn't seem to do anything

I’m pretty sure that doesn’t come from this mod.

Anyone having similar messages of errors when loading KSP with this mod:
[WRN 23:23:22.129] Warning on PartSubtype BlackHandles on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='endcapSwitch') on part crewCabin500f: No transforms matching '25mCapBlack' found

?

I just installed this mod with CKAN and I am getting loads of similar messages which did not happen before this mod.