[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

3 hours ago, Necrozmos said:

hey Nertea, is there any way i can remove the reworks on the cupola hitchiker and the lab? i really liked the rest of the mod but I want to keep the old looks.

Thank you.

The old stockalike station parts mod and the redux are totally separate, so you can install the old mod, and use the old cupola and lab from that. If you start to suffer from load-bloat, you could delete all the other old parts.

15 minutes ago, softweir said:

The old stockalike station parts mod and the redux are totally separate, so you can install the old mod, and use the old cupola and lab from that. If you start to suffer from load-bloat, you could delete all the other old parts.

I believe they mean the stock look.

On 6/8/2021 at 6:28 AM, Necrozmos said:

hey Nertea, is there any way i can remove the reworks on the cupola hitchiker and the lab? i really liked the rest of the mod but I want to keep the old looks.

Thank you.

If you mean specifically SSPXR's versions, there's a file in the SSPXR/Patches folder called StockPartReplacements. Deleting this will give the stock looks for the cupola hitchhiker and lab, but note that it also contains the rework for the docking port so it may be better to delete them piecemeal.

Some silly questions, as I didn't find the anwer on the original post and hadn't the time to read all of 71 pages:

What dependencies does the mod have (for me as a manual-install-guy)? Are they all packed with the download?

How big is the mod and the impact on the game on a weaker system (9700K, 32 gig ram, Gtx 1060-6gb)?

Will parts ship builds with the old cupola and hitchhiker load correctly when the mod is installed - will then the new model from nertea load in or the old one? Does the reworked on have changed colliders?

Edited by Rakete

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

didn't find the anwer on the original post

Most of your questions are answered in the original post. I will answer them anyway. 

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

What dependencies does the mod have (for me as a manual-install-guy)? Are they all packed with the download?

All bundled in. Get it from Spacedock. 

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

How big is the mod and the impact on the game on a weaker system (9700K, 32 gig ram, Gtx 1060-6gb)?

It’s not a small mod, but that’s also not really a weak system. :o
I have half the ram and I have no problems. 

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

Will parts ship builds with the old cupola and hitchhiker load correctly when the mod is installed - will then the new model from nertea load in or the old one?

No issues. New one. 

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

believe me, atleast RAM-wise it will run 100% smoothly, I also have 32

my performance problems come when I add like 200 mods ontop of it :D

18 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Most of your questions are answered in the original post. I will answer them anyway. 

All bundled in. Get it from Spacedock. 

It’s not a small mod, but that’s also not really a weak system. :o
I have half the ram and I have no problems. 

No issues. New one. 

Yeah, i asked because even with my 32gigs of ram (and only eve redux, spectra and waterfall installed) my KSP install leaks memory or somewhat and starts getting slower and slower over time until restart. So I'm not sure, if KSP benefits from big available RAM, as it slows down, even when over the half of RAM is still unused. So I wonder what happens if load even more data into KSP, 

Which other mods are bundled into the package? Whats the difference between the packages from spacedock, github etc?

I think for Ksp 1.12 there will be a new version upcomming as the docking ports are now adjustable, right? Are the dockingports of this mod compatible to the stock ones (right now in KSP 1.11)?

Another Question: what do I do with the "extras" folder in the download. It's not mentioned in the readme. What is it? Where do I have to put it? What does it do?

Edited by Rakete

22 hours ago, Rakete said:

Yeah, i asked because even with my 32gigs of ram (and only eve redux, spectra and waterfall installed) my KSP install leaks memory or somewhat and starts getting slower and slower over time until restart. So I'm not sure, if KSP benefits from big available RAM, as it slows down, even when over the half of RAM is still unused. So I wonder what happens if load even more data into KSP, 

Which other mods are bundled into the package? Whats the difference between the packages from spacedock, github etc?

I think for Ksp 1.12 there will be a new version upcomming as the docking ports are now adjustable, right? Are the dockingports of this mod compatible to the stock ones (right now in KSP 1.11)?

Another Question: what do I do with the "extras" folder in the download. It's not mentioned in the readme. What is it? Where do I have to put it? What does it do?

Docking ports are fully compatible with stock ones, yep. As for the "extras" folder, it's an optional patch to add a "bare metal" skin to the SSPEx:R parts. However, I forget what its internal structure is like, so I can't tell you how to install it - just that it's completely optional :P (also it'll be reworked in the next mod update).

2 hours ago, Starseeker said:

just that it's completely optional :P (also it'll be reworked in the next mod update).

It will be reworked soon? So it doesn't make sense to install the extras now!? Or will they be compatible in a savegame to future reworks. 

(imagining: building a station under usage of the pre-reworked parts, new mod version drops. Loading of the station and the kraken strikes... :D)

Am I right, that the new ksp 1.12 with the new rotateable dockingports will also mean a needed update for SSPXr to enable docking to those ports and use of the new features? (Think i'm gonna set sspxr on my ultimate "has to be available in correct version before I upgrade to the new Ksp-Version List"

Bare Metal sounds great. Unfortunately almost every part in KSP is black/white. Metal seems to be a nice addition. (What's a bit missing in KSP is a possibility to paint parts with so nice colors... or metallic colors. A nice metallic blue.... xD)

Edited by Rakete

20 hours ago, Rakete said:

It will be reworked soon? So it doesn't make sense to install the extras now!? Or will they be compatible in a savegame to future reworks.

I think it should remain compatible; however, there's definitely someone who can give a better answer. :P

20 hours ago, Rakete said:

Bare Metal sounds great. Unfortunately almost every part in KSP is black/white. Metal seems to be a nice addition. (What's a bit missing in KSP is a possibility to paint parts with so nice colors... or metallic colors. A nice metallic blue.... xD)

I'd recommend you take a look at ReStock; it adds a good few cosmetic variants to a lot of parts, including bare-metal variants of the 2.5m tanks, as well as reworking stock models & textures to be much more cohesive (and, imo, much better-looking overall)

Bug Report for SSPXr:

The choice of handles and coloring of the PTD-C Porthole cupola does not work and shows no effect on the part in the VAB. For all other station parts which I tried it works.

Edit:

Ahhh.... It seem to only change the handles at the back of the cupola, not the front. Maybe add some Choices for the handles at the front, too?

Edited by Rakete

21 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Bug Report for SSPXr:

The choice of handles and coloring of the PTD-C Porthole cupola does not work and shows no effect on the part in the VAB. For all other station parts which I tried it works.

Edit:

Ahhh.... It seem to only change the handles at the back of the cupola, not the front. Maybe add some Choices for the handles at the front, too?

I don't have ay intention of doing this beyond what exists in the development versions.

On 6/12/2021 at 1:31 AM, Rakete said:

There is no difference between versions, except that if you use CKAN you can add the Extras patch yourself. Everything bundled is documented in the OP and readme files. 

On 6/13/2021 at 1:57 AM, Rakete said:

Am I right, that the new ksp 1.12 with the new rotateable dockingports will also mean a needed update for SSPXr to enable docking to those ports and use of the new features? (Think i'm gonna set sspxr on my ultimate "has to be available in correct version before I upgrade to the new Ksp-Version List"

Probably.

On 6/13/2021 at 1:57 AM, Rakete said:

They should be functionally compatible but potentially not visually perfect. 

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

Probably.

They should be functionally compatible but potentially not visually perfect. 

Will there be a feature update to the SSPXr's Dockingports to enable the upcoming rotational feature of KSP very last major update? Or is SSPXr intended as fully feature-complete in a way, that the upcoming rotational feature will not be integrated to the SSPXr's docking ports?

Edited by Rakete

On 6/15/2021 at 12:45 PM, Rakete said:

Will there be a feature update to the SSPXr's Dockingports to enable the upcoming rotational feature of KSP very last major update? Or is SSPXr intended as fully feature-complete in a way, that the upcoming rotational feature will not be integrated to the SSPXr's docking ports?

I will have to investigate what that actually is once it's released. I usually build things up to the latest version so if I want to integrate it, that'll be a choice, not the result of not looking at it. 

I have a small part request and a suggestion.

I would like to request a 1.25m lab similar in size to the other small 1.25m parts.

The suggestion is a simple idea, but I doubt it would be as simple to make as my request, lab centrifuges for 1.25m, 2.5m, and 3.75m, for more practical spiny bits on stations and ships with the main benefit being greater science, data, and crew capacity than other labs.

12 hours ago, Nyarlathotep- said:

I would like to request a 1.25m lab similar in size to the other small 1.25m parts.

The suggestion is a simple idea, but I doubt it would be as simple to make as my request, lab centrifuges for 1.25m, 2.5m, and 3.75m, for more practical spiny bits on stations and ships with the main benefit being greater science, data, and crew capacity than other labs.

It's probably buried a fair bit back in the thread, but Nertea's said that he's not going to be making a 1.25m lab part, for balance reasons. Makes getting a lab on a 1.25m station a bit awkward, but hey, makes sense when you consider how cramped that part size is :P

Edited by Starseeker

3 hours ago, Starseeker said:

It's probably buried a fair bit back in the thread, but Nertea's said that he's not going to be making a 1.25m lab part, for balance reasons. Makes getting a lab on a 1.25m station a bit awkward, but hey, makes sense when you consider how cramped that part size is :P

Not really, MKS has a smaller than 1.25m lab, balance wise the obvious way to make a 1.25m lab would be to make it only hold 1 kerbal and probably only 200-500 data(for an inline lab) and the same amount of science, there is also another mod IIRC that adds a 1.25m lab, but it adds so much other stuff I dont want that it's not really an option for me.
Also Im pretty sure its possible to reduce the speed of research which would also be a good way to balance it, but Im sure my suggestions for balancing such an addition were already known and have already been considered. (just after finishing this I thought of having it potentially being as an optional file with a disclaimer regarding balance)

21 hours ago, Nyarlathotep- said:

This has been asked, it will not be happening. If MKS has one and you need it, you can use MKS. The second you unlock any lab, you unlock infinite science so I want to keep that gated behind a form factor. 

21 hours ago, Nyarlathotep- said:

I.... will not be investing a hundred hours in making new centrifuges for labs. However, it is fairly easy to add the capability to have a lab in there in code, so you can copy the parts and change the configs as you wish. 

On 6/17/2021 at 3:47 PM, Nyarlathotep- said:

Others have listed options from some non-Nertea mods. I'll add KNES to that list; it has a 1.25m lab and other station parts, but nothing with spinning animation.

I found a minor issue when using SSPXr and MKS.  The SSPXr cargo containers can't store materials kits when disassembling parts, they are missing the module USI_ModuleRecycleBin.  This patch fixed it for me

@PART[sspx-cargo-container*]:NEEDS[USITools]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = USI_ModuleRecycleBin
	}
}

Thanks Nertea for all the awesome mods!

6 hours ago, VTOL Frog said:

I found a minor issue when using SSPXr and MKS.  The SSPXr cargo containers can't store materials kits when disassembling parts, they are missing the module USI_ModuleRecycleBin.  This patch fixed it for me

{
	MODULE
	{
	}
}

So that's why I couldn't scrap unwanted parts and get material kits, good to know.

20 hours ago, VTOL Frog said:

{
	MODULE
	{
	}
}

Odd that it doesn't just look for parts with storage, but thanks, I'll try to remember to add that next version.

8 minutes ago, radicaled said:

Sorry for a probable repeated question.
I have created a new space station with an Inflatable Habitats. But I can't move/transfer the kerbals to the habitat

How can I move/transfer a kerbal to it?

thanks

is the habitat inflated?