[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (August 14, 2024)

Nertea

22 minutes ago, Ameoba said:

Its still not working, i installed Kopernicus expansion-er since it was the only one that seemed compatible

Log: 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wzxy0ckyzvdqmbn/KSP.log/file

You never really mentioned what *symptoms* you were experiencing...

You also have the IVAs installed incorrectly - they should not be in a folder named "extras":

2768 [LOG 10:58:18.509] Load(Texture): Extras/StationPartsExpansionReduxIVAs/Internals/station-125/sspx-internal-125-1-n

Edited by JonnyOThan

3 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

You never really mentioned what *symptoms* you were experiencing...

You also have the IVAs installed incorrectly - they should not be in a folder named "extras":

2768 [LOG 10:58:18.509] Load(Texture): Extras/StationPartsExpansionReduxIVAs/Internals/station-125/sspx-internal-125-1-n

Oh, btw the symptoms where the camera being underground and the game freezing, thanks for letting me know, ill tell my friend about this since he didnt take the files our of extras 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Would it be possible to remove the B9partswitch surface variants, via some patch, to only keep the insulated ones, thus allowing to delete the white/metal variant .dds files and save on RAM usage ?

I've tried editing manually for an hour now, but didn't come up with something that worked. And I'm not sure it's even possible ^^

If by the Kraken god it is, could you provide me some little guidance on how to achieve this ?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Peace

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2023 at 9:49 PM, kurgut said:

Would it be possible to remove the B9partswitch surface variants, via some patch, to only keep the insulated ones, thus allowing to delete the white/metal variant .dds files and save on RAM usage ?

Maybe delete the files that you dont want? If they are not there then KSP can load them.

• 3 weeks later...

How long are inflatable parts supposed to take to inflate? For me they inflate to about 50% and then slow down drastically. I have kerbalism installed, which I know isn't explicitly supported, but it's not like nitrogen or oxygen or ANY resource are being consumed during the inflation that might be starving it of the ability to inflate. What's weird is that transferring crew back and forth temporarily boosts the speed back up.

Edit: nevermind, it wasn't immediately clear, but it is because of kerbalism. On the ground it was harder to see, but in space it's clear to see it's consuming Atmosphere to inflate the part. It powers through some of the excess Atmosphere and then it's limited by the combined power of my pressure control modules.

Edited by Tahvohck

• 1 month later...

To be clear, does this mod have 'life support' requirements on it's own? I plan to use it on a game I've been playing for a year, and I have several ships in flight. If it means I lose all Kerbals in Flight because those ships don't have the Life support parts, then I have to start a whole new game.

16 minutes ago, stephensmat said:

To be clear, does this mod have 'life support' requirements on it's own? I plan to use it on a game I've been playing for a year, and I have several ships in flight. If it means I lose all Kerbals in Flight because those ships don't have the Life support parts, then I have to start a whole new game.

No, SSPX has no life support requirement, it will only have life support mechanics if you add a life support mod

• 2 weeks later...

gwrJSTa.jpg

Minmus is my 'Trial Run' for all of this. So far, my 'Bases' have all been Mobile Labs mounted on Fuel tanks, with landing legs on the bottom, and a large battery on top, with experiments and solar panels welded onto the sides. Not fancy, but good for farming Science Points across several planets.

This mod is my first serious attempt at building a modular colony of any kind. It took some doing to figure out ow to land it, but I've placed my first basic module.

I'm still trying to figure out how to connect these things to each other. I wish there was a 'how to'. The ones at the start of this thread are all 'Pre Redux'. (Or I think they are.)

I have Mechjeb, so a close landing of future modules will be easy. I'm guessing the next step is just putting them on wheels to get them into place. Connecting them up is going to be the hardest part.

On 8/19/2023 at 12:04 PM, DanBMan said:

Is there a way to get the IVAs to use RPM / MoarDV? Maybe I am getting confused with a different one, but I remember this mod used to be compatible with it?

As far as I know, nobody has actually created custom IVAs for these parts to use RPM/MoarDV props. Nertea put some basic IVAs together that are bundled with the main release, but left any fancy ones to people who want to spend the time creating them.