[1.12.x] ScienceAlert ReAlerted : Experiment availability, now with DMagic support

• 2 weeks later...

hi @linuxgurugamer

i found a bug in cinjunction with blizzys toolbar

• have a craft which triggers undiscovered science
  • configure ScienceAlert  to use blizzys toolbar (Toolbar controller)
  • open the toolbar add visible buttons config menue
  • message spamming  happens

e.g.

[WRN 00:04:37.602] [Toolbar] [WARN] [! MISSING FILE !]:  "D:\SPIELE\bug\GameData/ScienceAlert/PluginData/Textures/flask0077"
[WRN 00:04:37.657] [Toolbar] [WARN] [! MISSING FILE !]:  "D:\SPIELE\bug\GameData/ScienceAlert/PluginData/Textures/flask0078"
[WRN 00:04:37.683] [Toolbar] [WARN] [! MISSING FILE !]:  "D:\SPIELE\bug\GameData/ScienceAlert/PluginData/Textures/flask0079"
[WRN 00:04:37.709] [Toolbar] [WARN] [! MISSING FILE !]:  "D:\SPIELE\bug\GameData/ScienceAlert/PluginData/Textures/flask0080"
[WRN 00:04:37.760] [Toolbar] [WARN] [! MISSING FILE !]:  "D:\SPIELE\bug\GameData/ScienceAlert/PluginData/Textures/flask0081"
[WRN 00:04:37.794] [Toolbar] [WARN] [! MISSING FILE !]:  "D:\SPIELE\bug\GameData/ScienceAlert/PluginData/Textures/flask0082"
[WRN 00:04:37.847] [Toolbar] [WARN] [! MISSING FILE !]:  "D:\SPIELE\bug\GameData/ScienceAlert/PluginData/Textures/flask0083"
[WRN 00:04:37.880] [Toolbar] [WARN] [! MISSING FILE !]:  "D:\SPIELE\bug\GameData/ScienceAlert/PluginData/Textures/flask0084"
[WRN 00:04:37.932] [Toolbar] [WARN] [! MISSING FILE !]:  "D:\SPIELE\bug\GameData/ScienceAlert/PluginData/Textures/flask0085"

full log can be found here https://1drv.ms/f/s!Am0PDmGqv17_irpnTgcwxQBvilaK3g?e=PJegW2

greets

On 4/5/2023 at 10:09 PM, GoAHead said:

i found a bug in cinjunction with blizzys toolbar

This has been put on the bug tracker: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ScienceAlert/issues/29

Meanwhile, you can switch ScienceAlert to the stock toolbar (e.g. via Toolbar controller, if you have it), to make the messages go away.

Guesswork: there could be interplay with Blizzy's Toolbar itself, as I also see similar messages for Persistent Rotation. And the message is coming from [Toolbar]...

Edited by keyspace
Clarify it's just me guessing.

• 4 weeks later...

EDIT : Sorry, I just noticed It was already reported, should've checked github issues before, my bad facepalm
Console spam about some "missing icon texture", happening when there's an experiment available. Pretty it only happens when the mod is enabled on Blizzy's Toolbar

It's weird because the texture was there when I checked in the said folder, but you'll find out better than me ;) 

Here's pic&log
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yptzlw66q2u7u12/Player.log?dl=0
thank you :) 

LRDcCnZ.png

Edited by kurgut

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 4:56 PM, Kielm said:

Update on this Universal Storage II issue:

• It's caused by the science experiments not being 'deployed' prior to an experiment being run. 
  • Normally the player cannot run an experiment without deploying the module first but ScienceAlert inadvertently bypasses this

I was wondering why I hadn't noticed before, so I checked the science archive, which just shows no data recovered for the affected experiments.

qCeSzRw.png

So the experiment is recorded in the archive, but the science data on the craft is immediately destroyed and the experiment is locked (USII thinks it's full, and locks the part until it's emptied, but it can't be deployed or interacted with - it's entering a state it shouldn't be in). 

Workaround is to manually deploy everything before doing any science. Nope, even that doesn't work

Hope this helps.

Hello there,

I was wondering if a solution has been found for this problem?
At the moment I'm back to basics and running science by hand which works, but it would be great when I can rely on "Deploy All" again. :D

Thanks for all the work!

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Having "what" in the toolbar?

I apologize for not being clear enough i meant this by "it"
sfR3cDS.jpg
this button, for the pop of the  experiments that are available, but in the toolbar like the [x] Science! "here and now" toolbar button
again sorry :c

2 hours ago, Vphurple Izumi said:

I apologize for not being clear enough i meant this by "it"
sfR3cDS.jpg
this button, for the pop of the  experiments that are available, but in the toolbar like the [x] Science! "here and now" toolbar button
again sorry :c

You can move the button to the toolbar by modifying the settings in the ToolbarManager (Yellow wrench)

On 1/3/2024 at 12:40 PM, Vphurple Izumi said:

Well try it out, thank you for the pointer :D

It works, perfectly and the unused icon for the flash, it looks really good too
I wish to ask a few things, the "collect all" button
Any way to just remove/hide it as shown in the orignal post? so i can just ignore the other points i am out to make
grrLgZi.jpg

Is there a way to change it so the data colletion goes into the Experiment Storage Unit instead? as in the collection button shows up if the vessel has an ESU and the data gets stored in there?
as for without it,  i can collect data without unlocking the eva first, nor unlocking the ESU , the ESU kinda becomes useless dose it not? 

also why is to so, that the EVA Report disappears whenever i jump, i just wanna take a "flying above ___" report right but it goes poof, and i tried using deploy all it does not work either
to recreat, get out on the ground, it shows, EVE Report, dont collet it, jump, poof its gone, land, still gone.

speaking on the EVA report, when pressing deploy all, it put the kerbal outside but does not take an EVA report, have to press it again to take one, is that intended / a limitation?

Edited by Vphurple Izumi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.