Universal Storage II [1.3.1 and 1.4.5 - 1.7.0]

Paul Kingtiger

Hi,

I'm having some issues using Remote Operations System together with Kerbalism. It works fine on my space station when no Kerbals are onboard, I can still control the station. But now I used it on unmanned ship instead HECS or OCTO, but the ship is uncontrollable. So I tried to find out why it works on one ship but not on the other and I found a strange behaviour. When I add some part that can carry Kerbals, such as MK1 Crew Cabbin or Hitchhiker Storage with no Kerbals onboard, suddenly Remote Operations System works and I can launch the rocket.

Is there a way to fix it somehow?

Thanks.

18 hours ago, Pavel88 said:

Hi,

I'm having some issues using Remote Operations System together with Kerbalism. It works fine on my space station when no Kerbals are onboard, I can still control the station. But now I used it on unmanned ship instead HECS or OCTO, but the ship is uncontrollable. So I tried to find out why it works on one ship but not on the other and I found a strange behaviour. When I add some part that can carry Kerbals, such as MK1 Crew Cabbin or Hitchhiker Storage with no Kerbals onboard, suddenly Remote Operations System works and I can launch the rocket.

Is there a way to fix it somehow?

Thanks.

Yes, it's a known issue and it's fixed in the current beta, which you can download from the link in my sig.

Hey guys, I love this mod and have had it in all my latest playthroughs.

I'm curious to know if some sort of Solar Panel Wedge Part (1x or 2x height) is planned in the future, or if you would consider this? it's one of the few things I need to put in manually (the other being the Experiment Storage unit)

keep up the good work, and thanks a lot for making this mod happen!

Cheers

Edited by Ernesti

6 hours ago, Ernesti said:

Hey guys, I love this mod and have had it in all my latest playthroughs.

I'm curious to know if some sort of Solar Panel Wedge Part (1x or 2x height) is planned in the future, or if you would consider this? it's one of the few things I need to put in manually (the other being the Experiment Storage unit)

keep up the good work, and thanks a lot for making this mod happen!

Cheers

It's been requested a lot but we don't have plans for it in the next release.  However some of the fairings will have optional solar panels on the inside of the door giving you a reason to open the fairing in orbit.

3 hours ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

It's been requested a lot but we don't have plans for it in the next release.  However some of the fairings will have optional solar panels on the inside of the door giving you a reason to open the fairing in orbit.

Are those implemented currently?  I see them but they do not show up as producing EC.  I am running Kerbalism. 

8 hours ago, CaribeanSoul said:

Is anyone else having trouble with the onedrive link to download the beta?  It just tells me "something went wrong" (super useful, thanks MS) and there's nothing there.

I just tested it and it went straight in (not signed into the MS).  But it can be temperamental at times.  I find I often have issues when generating a new link to a shared folder.  All this is in Edge browser (the new one which I highly recommend).

8 hours ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

I just tested it and it went straight in (not signed into the MS).  But it can be temperamental at times.  I find I often have issues when generating a new link to a shared folder.  All this is in Edge browser (the new one which I highly recommend).

Ok, must be something on my end.  I appreciate you checking on it.

On 2/15/2020 at 2:43 PM, eberkain said:

Are there plans for a nitrogen tank for kerbalism in the future? 

Per @Daishi on June 6th 2019 when I last asked this: "In the meantime we are including support for nitrogen (alongside that quirky, particular service module that used it as a propellant). For use in the stock game however, this part will just use monoprop."

On 2/19/2020 at 3:49 AM, Paul Kingtiger said:

Not sure if you changed anything but on a whim I refreshed the one drive page today (that I still had open in my browser with the super helpful something went wrong message) and the files appeared.  \o/  So I was able to grab the beta. 

Are there plans for a 1.875m cylindrical fairing and/or a 1.875m-1.25m conical fairing? The 1.875m-1.5m comical fairing is pretty neat, but unfortunately not particularly useful without mods that add 1.5m parts ^^;

On 1/25/2020 at 8:27 PM, Daishi said:

Great idea! Not to spoil too much, we actually have something in the works that might be perfect for what you're after :)

zYMzsRg.png

Now this, this is beautiful.

On 2/28/2020 at 1:13 PM, moguy16 said:

i am wondering when the new parts will come out, even if in beta

Soon (TM) 

Once I get the models from Daishi there's still a lot of work to do.  
Each part needs to have it's config file written, then balanced against the base game and the mods it'll work with (The game and every mod has a different approach to balance, especially for units that have no real work equivalent like EC).  Then we need to test everything, package it up and release it as a beta.

While that's being tested we need to update the website and other documentation and fix any bugs that occur.

But it'll be worth a wait, I promise!

Hi Paul,

I love this mod. One of the most practical and useful I've found. Here's a suggestion. Have you considered adding things like a compatible ISRU refinery, drills, ore bags, etc? This would add a whole new level of play-ability to the game in general. It would also reflect the relentless progression of technology as time passes. Please keep up the good work. It is very appreciated.

Thnx,

Hegemony Cricket

On 8/26/2019 at 1:57 PM, Arcurador said:

I'm having the same issue. I am unable to run experiments with the materials bay or the mystery goo. I keep getting a message that says the science module is full, but I haven't run any experiments. But it does work if I bring more than one. For example: One module of goo gives me the message that it can't run the experiments, but the rest work just fine. Same with the materials bay. I'm also using X science.

Still an issue with multiple GooBay and MaterialLab parts on one craft.

I think there is a bug which counts usage of all parts as one part. After I used one part (twice and fully, making it inoperable) all others are locked with "science module is full". The reason to use multiple parts is that the craft is unmanned thus needing more than two usages of experiments.

Maybe this is the cause of trouble? 

if (Deployed)
            {
                ScreenMessages.PostScreenMessage(_localizedStorageFullString, 5, ScreenMessageStyle.UPPER_LEFT);

//_silentDeploy = silent;
                //_overwriteDialog = PopupDialog.SpawnPopupDialog(new Vector2(0.5f, 0.5f), new Vector2(0.5f, 0.5f)
                //    , new MultiOptionDialog("OverwriteExperiment", Localizer.Format("#autoLOC_238370", experiment.experimentTitle)
                //    , Localizer.Format("#autoLOC_238371", experiment.experimentTitle)
                //    , HighLogic.UISkin, new DialogGUIBase[]
                //    {
                //        new DialogGUIButton(experimentActionName, new Callback(OverrideGatherScienceData)),
                //        new DialogGUIButton(Localizer.Format("#autoLOC_253501"), null)
                //    }), false, HighLogic.UISkin, true, string.Empty);

return false;
            }

Edited by Dr. Jet

1 hour ago, hawk_za said:

hi all i see work is being done on this mod and i am great-full for that i wanted to ask if ....or when the work is done will there be plans to release it to the ckan repository 

Maybe.  It's on space dock so can be made CKAN compatible and Universal Storage 1 was.  I'm not a CKAN user myself, so not up to date with the required config files.  But I'll look into it.

On 1/10/2020 at 1:55 PM, Paul Kingtiger said:

@DMagic can speak with more authority on the matter, but because Universal Storage science parts use custom code they are very unlikely to be compatible with 3rd part science mods out of the box.  In most cases the creators of those science mods would have to make changes on their end to work fully with Universal Storage.

We have been talking to some mod authors about improved compatibility.

Might be an idea to switch to DMagic's DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric? Personally I'm using a CFG that replaces DMModuleScienceAnimate in Orbital Science parts with the Generic variant since the generic variant works with X Science whereas the non-generic does not.

Of course I have no idea on whether or not DMagic's module has the required functionality to slot into US2 parts, but that guy is a wizard, so maybe? :)

51 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Personally I'm using a CFG that replaces DMModuleScienceAnimate in Orbital Science parts with the Generic variant since the generic variant works with X Science whereas the non-generic does not.

Do you have a copy of that patch posted somewhere?  I'm interested in doing the same thing myself.

6 hours ago, Wyzard said:

Do you have a copy of that patch posted somewhere?  I'm interested in doing the same thing myself.

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[DMModuleScienceAnimate]]:FOR[PersonalStuff]:NEEDS[DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric]
{
	@MODULE[DMModuleScienceAnimate]
	{
		@name = DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric
	}
}

I haven't played since 1.7.1 so your mileage may vary in terms of functionality, but I have no reason to believe it should no longer work. Note that this won't help US2 at the moment since it doesn't use DMagic's DMModuleScienceAnimate. (But creative minds might be able to make it work with USScienceExperiment?)