Real Life "Kerbalisms"

Lisias

Betatron

The original Betatron was called many different names, ranging from “rheotron” and “inductron” to “Super X-ray Machine” and “cosmic ray machine.” Eventually, Professor Kerst held a departmental competition. After receiving many entries, one of the most interesting being: “Ausserordentlichhochgeschwindigkeitelektronenentwickelndenschwerarbeitsbeigollitron,” which roughly translates as “Hard working by golly machine for generating extroadinarily high-velocity electrons.” Kerst eventually decided on “betatron.”

9 hours ago, Lisias said:

Terribly Kerbal, I say. Who didn't did that yet? :)

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cn-Sub2pAob/

Well he explained the  reason attack helicopters are restricted. 
Ignoring the most obvious ones considering criminal and terrorist uses you have stuff like this.
Now its not  very dangerous  at location as long as the helicopter works. 
Or very safe compared to my teen firework experiences. 

8 hours ago, magnemoe said:

Or very safe compared to my teen firework experiences. 

I don't have the slightest idea how I survived my younghood.

The only reason I wasn't nominated for a Darwin Awards is the incredibly fact that I survived every time - just don't ask me how, because I don't know! :sticktongue:

There must be a psychological reason I'm so attached to this little freaking game! :) 

3 hours ago, Lisias said:

I don't have the slightest idea how I survived my younghood.

The only reason I wasn't nominated for a Darwin Awards is the incredibly fact that I survived every time - just don't ask me how, because I don't know!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias

Others see what you did and do the same, because they see it's safe.

On that 777 id wager it got hit by a microburst that shoved the nose down hard causing that dive. But im only guessing. I had a similar high speed dive in my sim, but, for me i was in a commanded descent when my autopilot decided it wanted over 5500FPM descent… so again either (assuming they were already in vnav/Lnav autopilot) a microburst or autopilot glitch (leaning on former as it went onto other destinations w/out issue after leaving a stormy kahului) or ugly loss of situational awareness by the flight crew. Given their combined experience im leaning on microburst…

6 hours ago, Lisias said:

This is too good to let it pass unchecked!! :sticktongue:

seeLnCb.jpg

There is an Ilyushin among us.

Fun fact (wrong thread, IDK): in Russian civilian aviation, Boeings are known as bobiki (bobbies) and Airbusses are known as arbuzy (watermelons).

5 hours ago, DDE said:

There is an Ilyushin among us.

Fun fact (wrong thread, IDK): in Russian civilian aviation, Boeings are known as bobiki (bobbies) and Airbusses are known as arbuzy (watermelons).

I like boeings!! :sticktongue:

3 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

And only the Brazilian Embraer flies proudly in the sky, because it's hard to think out a memorable funny nickname.

here, I fixed it to ya: :P 

a memorable, forum rules compliant, funny nickname.

Humm… digging around, I found two that I can publish here:

The ERJ-145 is known around here as the "Windows 98 jet",  because its electronics need to be restarted all the time. It's also known as "Brasilia Jet", in a allusion to the EMB 120 Brasilia, which it succeeded.

"Problem", Brasilia is also the name of a old volkswagen car from the 70s that for being cheap, it was very used on user's customisations - not all of them with a good taste. :P 

camera+015_.jpg

Note the two exhausts in the back - you shove 2 more wings on it and you have a ERJ-145!!! :D