Coronavirus

Xd the great

Poked my head out of the apartment for the first time since Monday, stretched my legs a bit. Did not encounter any toilet paper zombies, am disappoint.

Grocery store was the only busy thing in town this morning at 7am. No TP, skim or 1% milk, butter, or regular bread loaves. Apparently rye and sourdough (my two favorites) aren't worthy of apocalypse panic buying.

Only saw one person in a mask.

Disgusting:

Company A files (and is granted) an overbroad and nonspecific patent.

Company A goes bankrupt (because it was a fraud from the beginning, but that's beside the point).

Company B buys the patent from A.

Company C develops a test kit for corona virus.

Company B, through a shell Company D sues C in an attempt to stop C from making the test kit.

Neither B or D are in the medical field.

On Friday, the first confirmed case finally showed up in my county.  Here's the really bad part:  it was in a retirement home, which had already been restricted to staff only for over a week.  The news stub only said 150 tests were run on staff & patients but were waiting on results.  I'm curious to see how many of those come back positive.   I'm kind of assuming a staff member is a carrier - I know the incubation can be 14 days, but the average was around 3 days and I would expect someone in their 80's to show symptoms sooner than a much younger staff member.  So I expect we will be going from 0 cases to double digits by the time the other tests come back.

9 minutes ago, tater said:

Yes, sorry.

we are in total lockdown, now only supermarket and medical centres are open, we can't move more than 300 meters from our home, we have the police and military everywhere. The northern part of italy was hit the hardest because is our economical heart and every italian big company is there and is the more cosmopoltan city, is the reason why lombardy (and his regional capital Milan) has alone half the cases of Italy, it is also one of the most polluted areas of europe thanks to his industrial density

3 hours ago, Flavio hc16 said:

what do you mean it's in the N? nord?

I read this thread a little too late in the evening, skimmed through, and saw this as "What do you mean N? The N-word?". Needless to say, this made tater's response look rather ...odd.

In other news, it seems like the situation in Norway is reaching a sort of linear rise and not exponential, which is ...something, I guess. The number of hospitalized has risen by about 30 per day for about four days now, and there haven't been any new deaths (now 7) reported in the past three days. The number of registered infections has also been linear for 12 days now, around 150 registered per day, but as they aren't testing everyone with symptoms anymore, it's hard to get a clear meaning out of those numbers.

One graph even goes a little down: the number of hospital employees in quarantine has gone from 9400 yesterday to 8800 today. I choose to believe this is because their quarantine period ran out without them reporting any illness, and not because they're told to ditch the quarantine and get as many idle hands as possible to the hospitals. For now, the situation seems manageable, which is reassuring seeing as we've been in a partial lockdown for a week and a half now.

On a brighter note, according to the statistics on the linked page (it's all in Norwegian, sorry), the number of people registered recovered from Covid-19 is today higher than the number of registered cases on March 2. As the number of cases rose about exponentially from there, hopefully the number of recovered will rise likewise. The sight of those two lines finally crossing will be uplifting when it finally comes, at least.

has anyone pointed out that suddenly being dropped into homeschooling is HELL? Seriously. More HELL than both your level 79 Sylveon with Quick Attack about to finish off the Champions last Pokémon when both are at 1 HP and the Champion using a Full Restore. It’s just an annoying, and odd version of school. I can’t explain it.

59 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

has anyone pointed out that suddenly being dropped into homeschooling is HELL? Seriously. More HELL than both your level 79 Sylveon with Quick Attack about to finish off the Champions last Pokémon when both are at 1 HP and the Champion using a Full Restore. It’s just an annoying, and odd version of school. I can’t explain it.

*relatable -_-

Ze Russians are coming

Now the old navigation cockpit on the Il-76 looks like a respirator.

Apparently only the first (and, later, last) jet bothered turning on its transponder.

Spoiler

54 minutes ago, DDE said:

Now the old navigation cockpit on the Il-76 looks like a respirator

The "Connected Living Space" mod may be declared obsolete now.

Edited by kerbiloid

Northern Germany's current state: Everything is closed except supermarkets, banks, delivery services and drugstores. Only half of the trams are going, it's kinda creepy in the streets. And we don't even have a curfew imposed yet!

Toilet paper is out of stock, of course. I don't get it, if neccessary I can just hang my butt over the bathtub rim, as inconvenient as it is. But there is no plan B for having no food! Okay, I could eat my neighbours, the loud TV's all day long are beginning to get on my nerves.

Corona is very bad, no question, but I try to maintain a positive attitude and enjoy life's little pleasures: I'm new to KSP and love it, what a perfect timing for a game like this. And I have all the time and every excuse to play it all day long. Besides, my internet provider made me a little gift of 5GB download volume "in the light of recent developments", isn't that nice? I'm making use of it right now... :)

So, stay healthy! Wash your hands regularly! And always, ALWAYS check your staging before takeoff!! :blink:

With best regards, fellow Kerbonauts! This is Sepone, last survivor of the Kostromo, signing off...