Search in Craft List

On 3/8/2020 at 9:00 AM, VoidSquid said:

Have you tried these mods?

and 

"QuickSearch" 

"Hey, can you implement this basic, standard feature into the game?" [suggesting they can't or won't download mods]

"I know 50 mods that can do that for ya"

On 3/9/2020 at 10:30 AM, Bej Kerman said:

"Hey, can you implement this basic, standard feature into the game?" [suggesting they can't or won't download mods]

"I know 50 mods that can do that for ya"

And I know 500 console players that don’t have that luxury! Some mods, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Kerbal Part revamps, Tweekscale, should become stock, and in the next few updates be released to consoles, to give us a “modded” game, whilst still keeping the console creators happy. I could do sooooooo much with KAC! It would definitely make finding parts easier.

Edited by Mikenike

5 hours ago, Mikenike said:

And I know 500 console players that don’t have that luxury! Some mods, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Kerbal Part revamps, Tweekscale, should become stock, and in the next few updates be released to consoles, to give us a “modded” game, whilst still keeping the console creators happy. I could do sooooooo much with KAC! It would definitely make finding parts easier.

Exactly. And sometimes we don't want to have to lag behind on big releases for mod updates.

On 3/9/2020 at 8:30 AM, Bej Kerman said:

[suggesting they can't or won't download mods]

In general I would agree with your protest, but if you look at the OP the complaint is specifically regarding the  craft list having grown too long as a result of having installed mods. So in this case replying with a list of more mods that'll solve the problem is entirely appropriate.

Edited by IncongruousGoat

5 hours ago, IncongruousGoat said:

In general I would agree with your protest, but if you look at the OP the complaint is specifically regarding the  craft list having grown too long as a result of having installed mods. So in this case replying with a list of more mods that'll solve the problem is entirely appropriate.

And? The game isn't just played by OP, there's people who don't want to, or can't use mods as well. Wow, mind-blowing idea. I think a search feature (or just scaling up the box to take up more than 1/6th of the screen and not having it take 3 nanocenturies to load) in a game where you can accumulate hundreds of craft isn't something that should just be left to the modders to develop, and left to the people who can and want to download mods to use.

Edited by Bej Kerman

7 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

The game isn't just played by OP

The question was asked by @kerbalk, who clearly uses mods already, and said nothing about not wanting to use them. Replying to the OP is standard practice when yours is the first response, and providing alternative options is known as being helpful.
If you want people to provide replies tailored to your wants, start your own thread and specify that you don't want to hear about mods.

7 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

there's people who don't want to, or can't use mods as well. Wow, mind-blowing idea.

@VoidSquid offered the only solution he can offer right now, to the OP. Responding in such a condescending and sarcastic tone is extremely rude... Especially when you're also hijacking someone else's thread to complain about an unrelated topic at the time.

If you can't or won't use the options currently available, you'll just have to wait and hope for Squad to implement them. You may be waiting a while, I asked for proper natural sorting in the craft/save lists (likely a one-line change) about three years ago and it hasn't happened yet. Good luck.

TL,DR: Yes, it should be stock, but suggesting some mods that solve the problem to a user who clearly has no problem with mods is a perfectly reasonable reply... Unless you're a developer, in which case it might be construed as dodging the question.

Edited by steve_v

30 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

So we're all just going to assume everyone has access to mods just because OP has them too?

did you even read what @steve_v said? besides, this is only a problem for people with mods that add large amounts of parts. I play on the consoles, yet I don't want this, I don't need it.

41 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

So we're all just going to assume everyone has access to mods just because OP has them too?

No, we're going to assume that replies to the OP were directed at the OP and have nothing to do with you or your long running anti-mod campaign.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.