[WIP] Valor Planet Pack 0.3 [Discontinued]

Just now, Lewie said:

Hey, @Misguided_Kerbal quick question-

I am having trouble with the mod. When I booted up the game, it said it was installed incorrectly and could corrupt the save file. What I hd done was pasted the folder inside the ksp game date folder, am I doing something wrong? (Also, when I checked for it on ckan, I couldn’t find it)

Oh... well, did you just put the folder that says Valor_0.2 in your GameData? If you did, that's the wrong folder. Open the Valor_0.2 folder, then inside there should be a GameData folder, and a Readme.txt and a License.txt files. Now, open the GameData folder. Inside, there should be a folder named Valor. Put that folder in your GameData. However, if you've already installed it correctly, then maybe try redownloading it. I should have listed it on CKAN, I enabled that function on SpaceDock. @HebaruSan  I heard you're a CKAN folk. Can you help?

24 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Oh... well, did you just put the folder that says Valor_0.2 in your GameData? If you did, that's the wrong folder. Open the Valor_0.2 folder, then inside there should be a GameData folder, and a Readme.txt and a License.txt files. Now, open the GameData folder. Inside, there should be a folder named Valor. Put that folder in your GameData. However, if you've already installed it correctly, then maybe try redownloading it. I should have listed it on CKAN, I enabled that function on SpaceDock. @HebaruSan  I heard you're a CKAN folk. Can you help?

Yep, that’s where I went wrong. Thanks man!

11 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

No Problem! Now... I just need to get Bonx working. Whenever I try to cheat something to Bonx, it gets all krakeny... bad news.

Perhaps I can be of service? Can you show us your config?

(And preferably the texture)...

12 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

What help do you need?

Could you list this mod on CKAN? I remember I enabled the CKAN option on SpaceDock, but apparently it's not showing up. Thanks!

1 hour ago, DunaManiac said:

Perhaps I can be of service? Can you show us your config?

(And preferably the texture)...

Sure! Here's the textures (I couldn't upload the normal):

Spoiler

Texture:

kZ5Gvle.png

Heightmap:

9BO0KHT.png

(I accidentally deleted the config last night in rage, so... yeah :()

52 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Could you list this mod on CKAN? I remember I enabled the CKAN option on SpaceDock, but apparently it's not showing up. Thanks!

Sure! Here's the textures (I couldn't upload the normal):

Reveal hidden contents

Texture:

kZ5Gvle.png

Heightmap:

9BO0KHT.png

(I accidentally deleted the config last night in rage, so... yeah :()

You can still get it in the trash folder on the computer.

Also, can you describe the problem?

1 minute ago, Commodoregamer118 said:

Great!

1 minute ago, DunaManiac said:

You can still get it in the trash folder on the computer.

Also, can you describe the problem?

Nope, my trash auto-empties every day :( 

Anyway, the problem is, whenever I try to cheat something to Bonx, it either cheats the thing there, and no matter what altitude I set, the thing explodes, and the altimeter reads -360,000, or I try to cheat something to it, and it switches the focus to the planet? Like, it just says "There's no active vessel", but it's in flight mode... but it's the planet? Yeah, idk. Sounds like the Kraken, though.

28 minutes ago, Commodoregamer118 said:

ha lol

By the way, could you give us more info of theplanets?

Like the atmo height, pressure and resource density?

You could check the configs for the pressure and atmo height, I haven't gotten aroud to resources yet.

I will tell you something though, Theta's atmospheric pressure is very low. so even though there's oxygen, Kerbals still can't remove their helmets, and you have to intake spam for jet engines to work.

5 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Anyway, the problem is, whenever I try to cheat something to Bonx, it either cheats the thing there, and no matter what altitude I set, the thing explodes, and the altimeter reads -360,000, or I try to cheat something to it, and it switches the focus to the planet? Like, it just says "There's no active vessel", but it's in flight mode... but it's the planet? Yeah, idk. Sounds like the Kraken, though.

Oh, I know the problem, maybe it's too close and it's SOI is inside it's radius. That's what happened with Riaz in Hythara Planet Pack.

Also, could you try to re code it and try to fly there without cheating and see if it will work.

22 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

Oh, I know the problem, maybe it's too close and it's SOI is inside it's radius. That's what happened with Riaz in Hythara Planet Pack.

Also, could you try to re code it and try to fly there without cheating and see if it will work.

Ok, I will try that!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A little suggestion, maybe more gas planets could be included? Take OPM for example, not just one planet is provided. JNSQ could really use more gas planets, since there's only two

I would maybe suggest more planets, and maybe down the line compatibility with JNSQ?

Great mod either way, looking forward to developments!

36 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

A little suggestion, maybe more gas planets could be included? Take OPM for example, not just one planet is provided. JNSQ could really use more gas planets, since there's only two

I would maybe suggest more planets, and maybe down the line compatibility with JNSQ?

I believe what happened is that @Misguided_Kerbal was planning on releasing more updates sooner, a gas giant and a moon wasn't what he was intending, but it sort of fell by the wayside.

1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

Actually, I was thinking about adding another pink Gas Giant. I had made some textures for @DunaManiac for Fuichsia, and I still have some leftover textures. The new gas giant would need moons though.

38 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

I believe what happened is that @Misguided_Kerbal was planning on releasing more updates sooner, a gas giant and a moon wasn't what he was intending, but it sort of fell by the wayside.

Yep. School happens.

So, @Misguided_Kerbal,i recently tried your mod,and man, it's really cool!,but i have a couple of questions about it:

1. Are you going to make a diferent ring for Valor instead of borrowing off Lindor's ring texture(from JNSQ)?
  2. are you going to make SciDef cfg for it?
  3. are you going to make a Compatibility Patch for OPM players?

Also,a couple of suggestions:

1. There's a small function that (may) inproves perfomance:

e.g:

ScaledVersion
		{
			{
				{
				}
			}
			OnDemand <------------this.
			{
				texture = Valor/Textures/PluginData/Valor.png
			}
		}

Edited by Dat Kerbal Dude
ehhh... the OnDemand thing could be... wrong?

Just now, Dat Kerbal Dude said:

So, @Misguided_Kerbal,i recently tried your mod,and man, it's really cool!,but i have a couple of questions about it:

1. Are you going to make a diferent ring for Valor instead of borrowing off Lindor's ring texture(from JNSQ)?
  2. are you going to make SciDef cfg for it?
  3. are you going to make a Compatibility Patch for OPM players?

Also,a couple of suggestions:

1. There's a small function that (hopefully) inproves perfomance:

ScaledVersion
		{
			{
				{
				}
			}
			OnDemand <------------this.
			{
				texture = Valor/Textures/PluginData/Valor.png
			}
		}

1. Eventually

2. Eventually

3. Eventually

4. I think it already supports on demand loading.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.