CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network) - v1.33.2 Laplace - KSP 2 support!

DasSkelett

On 11/5/2022 at 3:28 PM, HebaruSan said:

In this release we took a deep dive into CKAN's network code and added the ability to:

• retry a failed download
  • remove a failed download (and its dependent mods) from your changeset
  • resume partially completed downloads
  • properly cancel in-progress downloads
  • show a progress bar for checking a download's checksums (previously this would happen with no visible feedback, which could look like freezing for large mods)
  • abort an install if you don't have enough free space

In the process, several network-related bugs were found and fixed (including the one where the download screen would just stop). We hope this will provide a better user experience with regard to downloading.

Several improvements were made to the mod info UI, including the ability to show reverse relationships and a tree view of ZIP contents.

Running KSP from a USB thumb drive with a lot of CKAN-installed mods should work better now thanks to some suggestions by the RP-1 team.

We're grateful to the users who contributed new translations, as well as those who helped to extend the existing translations to cover more of CKAN (previously only GUI was internationalized):

• Korean by Kingnoob1377
  • Polish by WujekFoliarz
  • A little Turkish by Musa Bağrıyanık (just a few spots in GUI for now, more probably coming in future releases)
  • Many revisions to the French translation by @vinix

If you'd like to help with translating CKAN, see:  https://crowdin.com/project/ckan

Caveats:

• The new release will want to reinstall all your installed mods the first time you run it. Just let it, and it won't happen again. If you're curious, this is because it now knows the install_size of each mod, which would be missing for the existing installed_modules.

Better robustness verified under conditions of very sketchy and lossy marina WiFi.   *THANKS!*

On 11/5/2022 at 2:28 PM, HebaruSan said:

Caveats:

• The new release will want to reinstall all your installed mods the first time you run it. Just let it, and it won't happen again. If you're curious, this is because it now knows the install_size of each mod, which would be missing for the existing installed_modules.

I didn't read this before hitting "no" when CKAN asked me. Now it is not asking again and all installed packages show "N/A" in the install column.

Is there a way to trigger the reinstall again?

13 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Good news, we just had a pair of users work through how to do that, and there's now a wiki page about it:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Installing-CKAN-on-Steam-Deck

Hate to break it to you but I've used this guide, and it's a guaranteed brick if the OS is updated. 

On top of that the use of distrobox interrupts the install of flatpaks and creates file navigation issues that I've only been able to fix via a factory reset.

This isn't a solution i'm afraid as it creates far too many other problems with the decks OS system.

A flatpak is required for ckan to have a stable future on SteamDeck i'm afraid.

8 hours ago, RB101 said:

Hate to break it to you but I've used this guide, and it's a guaranteed brick if the OS is updated. 

On top of that the use of distrobox interrupts the install of flatpaks and creates file navigation issues that I've only been able to fix via a factory reset.

This isn't a solution i'm afraid as it creates far too many other problems with the decks OS system.

A flatpak is required for ckan to have a stable future on SteamDeck i'm afraid.

Hi RB101, are you 100% sure to have done this INSIDE virtual env?
I have no problem on my steam deck since I have done this (co-author of instructions). Did you correctly re-enable protection (pacman lock) after installation of xhost?

Could you share your history installation process to try find what was wrong?

Edited by Vincentimetr

If you follow the instructions correctly, Distrobox will be installed entirely in the home directory so there will be no issues updating. All use of pacman is done inside the container which is in the home directory. I've never had any problems with flatpaks or updates using Distrobox.

Edited by arthomnix

FYI, ZeroMiniAVC may start rebooting your game at startup soon-ish. You probably have this mod installed as a dependency if you've installed any of @linuxgurugamer's other mods, but luckily you don't need it anymore, since CKAN users can prune MiniAVC without ZeroMiniAVC as of the previous release. First click Settings → Installation filters:

oLuQ0V3.png

Then click Add MiniAVC:

n9JcXGg.png

... which will populate the names of MiniAVC files into the global filters list:

qp3RSdb.png

... which will stop them from being installed by CKAN in the first place, so you don't have to worry about the side effects of LGG's efforts to delete DLLs at game run-time.

We may be removing the dependencies on ZeroMiniAVC soon, and the above steps will ensure that you don't experience problems installing mods with older, crashy MiniAVC DLLs.

EDIT: The dependencies are now gone, so it is now up to you whether to install or remove ZeroMiniAVC. Note that if you have ToolbarController or ClickThroughBlocker installed, you will need to refresh your registry and (auto-)reinstall those mods first to apply the latest relationships metadata.

Edited by HebaruSan

35 minutes ago, miklkit said:

Uh ohh.   I just checked if CKAN wanted to update and it did.  Now if I click on anything it locks up and is unresponsive.   And yes I have all 3 of those mods installed as dependencies from other stuff. 

Getting the same issue, also getting error 403. Ckan completely bricked!

15 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Note that if you have ToolbarController or ClickThroughBlocker installed, you will need to refresh your registry and (auto-)reinstall those mods first to apply the latest relationships metadata.

When I did this, CKAN became unusable. I restored my backup CKAN to my game directory and then froze both ToolbarController and ClickThroughBlocker from further updates so that they won't auto re-install and CKAN is now functioning normally again.

2 hours ago, Nizrael said:

I ran into the same problem everyone else has been having and I just want to confirm that the suggested command line workaround on the GitHub issues page [ckan remove ZeroMiniAVC] worked for me and un-borked my installation on Windows 10.

where did you run the "ckan remove ZeroMiniAVC" line? I thought it was the command-line arguments in Ckan, but that didn't work for me.

Edited by Pegabug

2 hours ago, Pegabug said:

where did you run the "ckan remove ZeroMiniAVC" line? I thought it was the command-line arguments in Ckan, but that didn't work for me.

In a standard Windows command prompt.   Press the Windows key + R to bring up a Run window, type cmd and press Enter in the Run window to bring up a command prompt, change directories within the command prompt to the directory ckan.exe is in, and at the command prompt type "ckan remove ZeroMiniAVC" without the quotation marks and press enter.  The directory open within the command prompt window needs to be the directory ckan.exe is in.

Edited by Nizrael
clarification

8 minutes ago, Nizrael said:

In a standard Windows command prompt.   Win+R ---> "cmd" ---> "ckan remove ZeroMiniAVC"

I don't know if it's important, but I changed the directory within the command prompt to the directory ckan.exe is in.

Ah, it does have to be the directory. I simply moved ckan.exe into the folder the command prompt started with (id don' t really know how to use it) and ran it. Works now, thanks!