[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

23 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

terrainShadows = False & shadowsOnOcean = False can be enabled if you'd like that.
GU doesn't support scatterer lenseflares and uses its own kopernicus ones instead. Back in the day this saved a lot of FPS (now apparently it doesn't matter, but i kept this anyway)
If you'd enable it you'd notice the GU stars will be flareless. That being said, keep fullLensFlareReplacement at false for correct visuals. If you decide not to, do not come ask for a fix.

KSS was a massive galaxy mod that originated GU and lots of GU's content is inspired on KSS.  I revived a part of it recently (nostalgia).

Thanks :) I think you just have to remove some folders. @JadeOfMaar

Thanks that work

On 6/29/2022 at 4:34 AM, senpai13004 said:

is it possible to partially add the GU_Parts folder? I only want the antennas and the thermal part.

It is. Just delete the relevant subfolder (I think they're organized by category) of the parts folder. Don't delete the patches.

Just recently started using this mod, and I'm having an odd issue. Kerbin seems to rotate way too fast and I can orbit at 300km with a surface speed of 400 m/s.

Edit: And after turning off galaxy mode and making a new save to see if that was the issue, the sun is now a black hole.

Edited by blastjack85

Can someone say EXACTLY how to install it? I followed the instructions on the Github page, but the mod does not do anything. I do not know which log that can be used to diagnose it.

Edit: Completely reinstalled the game and got it to work.

Edited by qwery123

On 7/4/2022 at 4:56 PM, qwery123 said:

Can someone say EXACTLY how to install it? I followed the instructions on the Github page, but the mod does not do anything. I do not know which log that can be used to diagnose it.

Edit: Completely reinstalled the game and got it to work.

hi there!

I have some trouble with this mod now.  Wish somebody could help me.

I used the FTL engine from Intersteller mod to the AlphaCentauri system. And I turned off the Time Warping when i was about to enter it. But when I almost entered it, the game failed to response and crashed. The log was full of "CheckEncounter: failed to find any intercepts at all" and "Look rotation viewing vector is zero" at the end. I have set the "Always show closest encounter to target" off and the curve to"2, relevant"  but it still happened every time. Why this happened and how to solved this?

On 7/9/2022 at 3:55 PM, Avery said:

I recently downloaded the mod and for some reason once I finish the Minmus and Mun contracts, everything goes straight to the interstellar ones. Do you guys happen to know why or..?

11 hours ago, lzh said:

hi there!

I have some trouble with this mod now.  Wish somebody could help me.

I used the FTL engine from Intersteller mod to the AlphaCentauri system. And I turned off the Time Warping when i was about to enter it. But when I almost entered it, the game failed to response and crashed. The log was full of "CheckEncounter: failed to find any intercepts at all" and "Look rotation viewing vector is zero" at the end. I have set the "Always show closest encounter to target" off and the curve to"2, relevant"  but it still happened every time. Why this happened and how to solved this?

Both of these questions sadly have the same answers, this game wasn’t designed with interstellar in mind.

The contract system goes by a rather finicky weight system which is hard to get right and most of the time just doesn’t work at all.

As for the encounters there’s not much we can do to stop it, it’s on the game, not GU.

1 hour ago, ballisticfox0 said:

Both of these questions sadly have the same answers, this game wasn’t designed with interstellar in mind.

The contract system goes by a rather finicky weight system which is hard to get right and most of the time just doesn’t work at all.

As for the encounters there’s not much we can do to stop it, it’s on the game, not GU.

So how could I go to the other systems in GU without crashing to the desktop?

And are the GU engines able to take me to other system?

27 minutes ago, lzh said:

So how could I go to the other systems in GU without crashing to the desktop?

And are the GU engines able to take me to other system?

I'm not sure what you mean by "crashing to the desktop", but as long as you have the minimum required specs on your computer (check the first page of this thread) and install the mod properly, there is no reason it shouldn't work. (At least it does for me)

The engines in this mod are designed to take you to other systems and they absolutely can. If you want proof, here are some images showcasing a probe that i sent to alpha centauri (nova kerbani). The probe reached just short of 35% c and delivered 20 tons to a medium orbit  nova kerbani a with around five days of fuel to spare  (so you definitely want the mod Persistent Thrust) using the ICF engine from GU.

The probe first uses it's chemical rockets (from NFLV) to accelerate out of kerbin orbit.

Screenshot-2022-07-08-at-6-46-30-PM.png

Seperation

Screenshot-2022-07-08-at-6-50-22-PM.png

The mighty interstellar fusion engine ignites and burns for 60 days

Screenshot-2022-07-08-at-6-50-40-PM.png

After five years of travel, the spacecraft preforms a flip and burn to capture around the nova kerbani barycentre into a high orbit with a period of more than a decade.

Screenshot-2022-07-08-at-8-23-41-PM.png

Screenshot-2022-07-08-at-8-33-01-PM.png

The target for this mission is Nova Kerbani a because of the one or two possibly habitable exoplanets. 

After capturing around Nova Kerbani a, the fairings, interstellar dust shield and propulsion stage are jettisoned and the solar panels and scientific instruments are deployed.

Screenshot-2022-07-08-at-8-53-16-PM.png

Hope this helps @lzh

BTW great work StarCrusher and all who helped make this amazing mod, thanks very much.

7 hours ago, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "crashing to the desktop", but as long as you have the minimum required specs on your computer (check the first page of this thread) and install the mod properly, there is no reason it shouldn't work. (At least it does for me)

The engines in this mod are designed to take you to other systems and they absolutely can. If you want proof, here are some images showcasing a probe that i sent to alpha centauri (nova kerbani). The probe reached just short of 35% c and delivered 20 tons to a medium orbit  nova kerbani a with around five days of fuel to spare  (so you definitely want the mod Persistent Thrust) using the ICF engine from GU.

The probe first uses it's chemical rockets (from NFLV) to accelerate out of kerbin orbit.

Screenshot-2022-07-08-at-6-46-30-PM.png

Seperation

Screenshot-2022-07-08-at-6-50-22-PM.png

The mighty interstellar fusion engine ignites and burns for 60 days

Screenshot-2022-07-08-at-6-50-40-PM.png

After five years of travel, the spacecraft preforms a flip and burn to capture around the nova kerbani barycentre into a high orbit with a period of more than a decade.

Screenshot-2022-07-08-at-8-23-41-PM.png

Screenshot-2022-07-08-at-8-33-01-PM.png

The target for this mission is Nova Kerbani a because of the one or two possibly habitable exoplanets. 

After capturing around Nova Kerbani a, the fairings, interstellar dust shield and propulsion stage are jettisoned and the solar panels and scientific instruments are deployed.

Screenshot-2022-07-08-at-8-53-16-PM.png

Hope this helps @lzh

BTW great work StarCrusher and all who helped make this amazing mod, thanks very much.

Thank you for answering me  so patiently!

But how did you ignite the engine with time warping? (You won't just sit there and wait for 60 days)

Is there any mod can do such thing?

Well I just want to ask another question that is GU has compatibility with the mod Intersteller Extend?

I use the FTL engine from Intersteller Extend to travel between systems. But every time I was about to enter another system, the game crashed.  Is that because of the Intersteller Extend? Does anyone used to face the same problem as me?

@StarCrusher96

8 hours ago, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

Really cool mission! Thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, lzh said:

Thank you for answering me  so patiently!

But how did you ignite the engine with time warping? (You won't just sit there and wait for 60 days)

Is there any mod can do such thing?

I think you need a mod like this, 

1 hour ago, lzh said:

Well I just want to ask another question that is GU has compatibility with the mod Intersteller Extend?

I use the FTL engine from Intersteller Extend to travel between systems. But every time I was about to enter another system, the game crashed.  Is that because of the Intersteller Extend? Does anyone used to face the same problem as me?

@StarCrusher96

@JadeOfMaar, do you know what's happening here?

15 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Would it possibly due to this "//TimeWarping and lighting in KSC screen will be broken-ish (blue), because of the reparenting." (in the GU General Setting)?

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I have one guess but it's not a perfectly sure one.

3 hours ago, lzh said:

@StarCrusher96

I will assume that you're warping while you warp. In which case it's quite likely that KSP crashes because you're provoking the already unhappy condition where the game stalls for an instant when calculating your orbit on SOI change. If this is the case then you'll need to exercise your patience and not do that. If you're not time warping then you may want to mind the throttle on your warp drive as you approach, and use a mod (such as KER) that tells you how far you are from the SOI of your targeted celestial body, so you know more precisely when to watch your speed and/or stop time warp.

10 hours ago, lzh said:

@StarCrusher96

I’ve had the same issue

16 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I have one guess but it's not a perfectly sure one.

I will assume that you're warping while you warp. In which case it's quite likely that KSP crashes because you're provoking the already unhappy condition where the game stalls for an instant when calculating your orbit on SOI change. If this is the case then you'll need to exercise your patience and not do that. If you're not time warping then you may want to mind the throttle on your warp drive as you approach, and use a mod (such as KER) that tells you how far you are from the SOI of your targeted celestial body, so you know more precisely when to watch your speed and/or stop time warp.

Well, the problem seems  more strange now...

I turned off the FTL engine when entered the SOI of the new system. (with no time warping this time) Then KSP successfully drawed the orbit around the sun. But just a few seconds later the game crashed again...

Is that mean I must turn off the FTL before entering SOI?

Here is the log of KSP if you need:

https://github.com/DrLin123/notebook/blob/main/log.log

2 hours ago, lzh said:

This time I try going to other system without the mod IE, which means I used the GU engine to speed up my ship to 30% lightspeed. But once again it crashed when I entered. Is that because of the high-speed?

Here is the log:https://github.com/DrLin123/notebook/blob/main/KSP.log

Wish @StarCrusher96 can help me, thanks!

@JadeOfMaar, sorry for the ping but i bet this makes more sense to you than for me. I think Persistent Thrust is causing the event? Got the error in the spoiler below.

Spoiler
[LOG 17:47:05.745] [OrbitDriver]: On-Rails SOI Transition from Sun to ProximaCentauri.
 Transition UT Range: 2773252.361 - 2773293.152.
 Transition UT: 2773277.233. Iterations: 24.
[LOG 17:47:05.745] [KSPI]: GameEventSubscriber - detected OnVesselSOIChanged
[LOG 17:47:05.745] [Persistent Thrust]: GameEventSubscriber - detected OmVesselSOIChanged
[EXC 17:47:05.748] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	PersistentThrust.VesselExtension.GetRequestedDirection (Vessel vessel, System.Double universalTime) (at <c21f67e9fc9e4095932061aa47eea29a>:0)
	PersistentThrust.VesselExtension.PersistHeading (Vessel vessel, System.Single fixedDeltaTime, System.Single headingTolerance, System.Boolean forceRotation, System.Boolean canDropOutOfTimeWarp) (at <c21f67e9fc9e4095932061aa47eea29a>:0)
	PersistentThrust.PersistentEngine.FixedUpdate () (at <c21f67e9fc9e4095932061aa47eea29a>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 17:47:05.749] [FlightIntegrator]: Vessel Voyager has been unloaded 40.790283203125, applying analytic temperature 6.4290622777008

1 hour ago, Sky Kerman said:

What is "The All"?

an analysis from @ xolvir

The All:

>Undefined inertial mass, doesn't interact with higgs field
>Has gravitational mass, so interacts with the graviton field
>Large and low density?
>Perfect sphere
>electric charge? Magnetic field? Or maybe it has a net magnetic charge like a monopole?
>Questionable interaction with electromagnetic fields/photon
>Produces its own light but its unclear if it is from the all or from some secondary interaction
>Visual appearance of a dipole, one side hazy, one side dark. Perhaps this dipole of emitted radiation matches the CMB dipole caused by the relative motion of the early universe to the All when it formed?
>Impossible to land on, destroys everything that it touches.
>Temperature?
>Hawking radiation?
>Smell?
The All might be a bubble of true vacuum that nucleated in the early universe, that is at the exact critical size to neither grow nor shrink. After inflation, it has expanded from subatomic size to stellar size, and the surface tension remains the same, and the potential barrier is infintesimally small. Whatever matter or energy crosses the barrier is accompanied by the emission of radiation from where it crossed. Since the All formed in the early universe, virtually all matter it has consumed crossed the barrier in the first few moments of the universe. The relative motion of the universe to the All meant that more matter was collected on one side, causing radiation dipole that the all still emits, with isotropies matching the cosmic microwave background

> Minor physics handwaving was employed

Edited by StarCrusher96

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@JadeOfMaar, sorry for the ping but i bet this makes more sense to you than for me. I think Persistent Thrust is causing the event? Got the error in the spoiler below.

Reveal hidden contents
[LOG 17:47:05.745] [OrbitDriver]: On-Rails SOI Transition from Sun to ProximaCentauri.
 Transition UT Range: 2773252.361 - 2773293.152.
 Transition UT: 2773277.233. Iterations: 24.
[LOG 17:47:05.745] [KSPI]: GameEventSubscriber - detected OnVesselSOIChanged
[LOG 17:47:05.745] [Persistent Thrust]: GameEventSubscriber - detected OmVesselSOIChanged
[EXC 17:47:05.748] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	PersistentThrust.VesselExtension.GetRequestedDirection (Vessel vessel, System.Double universalTime) (at <c21f67e9fc9e4095932061aa47eea29a>:0)
	PersistentThrust.VesselExtension.PersistHeading (Vessel vessel, System.Single fixedDeltaTime, System.Single headingTolerance, System.Boolean forceRotation, System.Boolean canDropOutOfTimeWarp) (at <c21f67e9fc9e4095932061aa47eea29a>:0)
	PersistentThrust.PersistentEngine.FixedUpdate () (at <c21f67e9fc9e4095932061aa47eea29a>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 17:47:05.749] [FlightIntegrator]: Vessel Voyager has been unloaded 40.790283203125, applying analytic temperature 6.4290622777008

an analysis from @ xolvir

The All:

>Undefined inertial mass, doesn't interact with higgs field
>Has gravitational mass, so interacts with the graviton field
>Large and low density?
>Perfect sphere
>electric charge? Magnetic field? Or maybe it has a net magnetic charge like a monopole?
>Questionable interaction with electromagnetic fields/photon
>Produces its own light but its unclear if it is from the all or from some secondary interaction
>Visual appearance of a dipole, one side hazy, one side dark. Perhaps this dipole of emitted radiation matches the CMB dipole caused by the relative motion of the early universe to the All when it formed?
>Impossible to land on, destroys everything that it touches.
>Temperature?
>Hawking radiation?
>Smell?
The All might be a bubble of true vacuum that nucleated in the early universe, that is at the exact critical size to neither grow nor shrink. After inflation, it has expanded from subatomic size to stellar size, and the surface tension remains the same, and the potential barrier is infintesimally small. Whatever matter or energy crosses the barrier is accompanied by the emission of radiation from where it crossed. Since the All formed in the early universe, virtually all matter it has consumed crossed the barrier in the first few moments of the universe. The relative motion of the universe to the All meant that more matter was collected on one side, causing radiation dipole that the all still emits, with isotropies matching the cosmic microwave background

> Minor physics handwaving was employed

Thank you for watch my log! But without that mod it seems impossible to reach other systems.

By the way, I would like to know how do you travel among the systems? Also by the Persistent Thrust or other ways?